'Meeting' VIXX

My Six Voodoo Dolls

“Why are you looking at the cookies like that? They’re not poisoned, if that’s what you’re thinking.”

“They’re not?” Hyuks eyes widened.

“No. Why would they be?” Jae Ren made a confused face. “I’m not a serial killer or anything. Just eat.”

The 6 boys shared looks before taking a cookie each. Leo was the first one to take a bite and the 5 other boys waited for his reaction.

“… It’s good…” He mumbled and took another bite, a small smile on his lips as he chewed.

That was enough confirmation. THE Ice Prince actually smiled while eating the cookies. That HAS to mean that the cookies are good. They all took a bite of their cookies and they made surprised faces.

“Why are you all surprised that they’re not poisoned?” Jae Ren cocked her head to the right. “Is there a rumor about me poisoning my cookies?”

“No! It’s not that…” Ken shook his head. “It’s just that…”

“We haven’t met kind witches before.” Ravi finished for him.

She blinked. “I’m not a witch.” Jae Ren said in a matter-of-factly tone.

The 5 boys turned their heads to N who was staring at Jae Ren.

“Do you remember your grandmother?” He asked, his gaze not leaving her.

She hesitated for a while before answering, “No.”

“You’re lying.” N pointed out. “You remember her. What exactly do you remember?”

“Fine. I do. All I know is, she’s crazy! She told me something about…” She bit her lip.

“About what?” Hongbin interjected, hiding his face from Jae Ren, not wanting her to see his crossed eyes.

“About crazy things! She said I would inherit something from her…” Jae Ren remembered. “But she didn’t tell me what. But she said that when she dies, I’ll receive them. It’s crazy!”

The 6 boys exchanged looks with each other. And there was a decision that N should tell her the whole truth.

“Whenever you’re near normal human magic, doesn’t it make you feel repulsed?” N asked. She was about to answer and make up an excuse but N continued, “It’s because there is unawakened magic inside you. It runs in your veins. The Witch of the Bayou-your grandmother-sealed your magic so you wouldn’t attract Dark Mages. She did it to protect you. And you have to believe us when we say you’re a Witch and we’ve been sent by her to protect you. You are our Master. You have been from the start. You have been since we were created.” N explained and bowed respectfully.

The 5 other boys did the same, and what she did was nothing they expected.

When they stood up straight again, she was no longer in the living room, and the sound of a door shutting closed was heard.

They all gave each other questioning looks.

“Did she just…” Ravi furrowed his eyebrows “Doesn’t she want to become a witch? Most people would jump at the opportunity to have that kind of privilege.”

“Well she’s not one of those people.” Ken commented. “She’s… different.”

“She’s actually quite nice.” Hyuk beamed.

“And she’ll make a great master.” N smiled at the 5 boys who nodded in agreement. “All we have to do is let her accept the truth.”

N let his gaze fall on the voodoo doll that was sitting on the couch. *You seem to be very different… And that’s a good thing.*