Fall Out

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"So you are all already more than half a century old?" Jinyoung asked with wide eyes. He turned to Hyuk "Then why do you call me hyung? I should be the one doing that! Or maybe ahjusshi..." He mumbled the last part, but they all heard it.

"Well, our mental age is still the same. And we don't age. So it's only right. It's not the numbers that makes the age, you know." Hongbin wisely said. "Besides, we look younger than you... so it would really be awkward..."

Jinyoung didn't know if that was an insult or not. He had spent the whole afternoon there. Just asking questions and getting to know VIXX better. His pack members already called for him earlier, but he had to stay. He still had a lot of questions.

"So Witches have slow body clocks too?" Jinyoung asked again.

"Yeah. A century would've passed and they would only look around their early 30's. But Jae Ren is a special case." Ravi grinned. "We explained how every witch has their own distinct magic and smell, right?" Jinyoung nodded. "Well Jae Ren smells like Forget Me Nots. It's a really rare scent and it holds powerful meaning."

"What is it?" He glanced at Jae Ren who was already sleeping. It was only 7, but sitting there must've made her sleepy.

"She has time magic. She can not only control her age features, she can also learn how to control the current time phase of an object. Like, turning ice into steam because that ice would melt, and then evaporate. Like accelerating a rock into Diamond and even multiplying it because there are many time strands and she could take them from each one. It's hard to explain." Hyuk butted in.

"Wait, age features?" Jinyoung asked. He has already learned a lot of things, and there seemed to be a lot of surprises still.

"Yeah. She can turn back into a kid now, if she already knows how to." Ken patted Jae Rens head. "But she still needs to learn the basics. But controlling her age features means she can stay young forever if she chooses too."

Jinyoung glanced at Jae Ren again. Why did she suddenly seem so different to him?

"You can't smell her too because she learned how to control that. And also her magic energy is hidden. She would really be easy to spot if she doesn't hide it." N frowned.

"Spot? Why would someone be looking for her?" Jinyoung turned to the leader.

"Witches have magic essence, remember? Another Witch can take that to become stronger. There's this witch that's been hunting down other witch's so she could extract the magic from them. That's why a lot of Witch's have gone off to hiding centuries ago." N explained. "You know those guys we fought with? Topp Dogg? Their HER guardians. Their looking for Jae Ren. That's why we've been restless. We're trying to protect her..."

"'HER'? Who?" Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows.

"No one knows her name..." Hyuk said. "But she calls herself the Black Witch. She uses Black Magic and she's already consumed for than 2 magic essence's of other Witch's... She's powerful and she's treated as a queen in the Witch world. With the different essence's she has, she's powerful. She collects the essence of rare scents so she can use that scent for herself."

"And Jae Ren has a really rare scent." Hongbin rubbed the crook of his nose. "That's why there will be a lot of Witches after her..."

Jinyoung now understood why they kept it a secret. They were just protecting her. And besides, it took them more than 2 hours to explain things to him. It was all really complicated. Creatures today already think of Witches as an extinct race.

But why?

He glanced at Jae Ren, she was now being carried by Leo to her room.

No, he didn't feel that gnawing feeling in his stomach. Nor did he feel the least sad about seeing someone else carry her. Why?

Sure. He sees Jae Ren in a different light now, knowing what she really is... but why does she seem so different? Why does she seem so distant?

Jinyoung sighed and stood up. "I think I'll be going now. My pack is probably already at home waiting for me. I'll see you guys in school, I guess." And just when he was about to step out, he heard N say,

"Aren't you going to tell us to take care of her?"

He turned back, and saw N with a blank expression.

"You already will. I trust you." Jinyoung said.

"You already knew we wouldn't hurt her from the start. But you told us that everyday before we left to go home." N pointed out.

*Yeah, Jinyoung. Why? Why stop now? What's happening to you anyway?* Jinyoung asked himself. "You're overthinking things." He dismissed and closed the door behind him.

But it seems that he was talking to himself, more than he was talking to N.

*Why am I acting all weird now?* Jinyoung asked himself. *Why don't I get the same feeling whenever I leave her? Maybe because I know she'll be safe?* He unsurely told himself.

 

But maybe... that was how easy it was for him to fall out of love for Jae Ren.


I like how you guys keep commenting :) It keeps me motivated XD

But thanks for the comments, subs, and upvotes :D