Late Realization

My Six Voodoo Dolls

CNU's Point of View

 

"Jinyoung! You're finally home. We already finished duty. They just made us clean the debris of the broken wall boundary." I informed. Why does he seem so sad and depressed? It couldn't be that he missed us. He would be all jumpy and in our faces if he missed us.

Wait, so he doesn't miss us? I frowned at the thought.

"Oh. Hey guys." He weakly smiled at us. "CNU hyung? Can I talk to you outside? Alone?" His eyes were blank. Just staring at me.

"Uh, sure." I nodded. He really looks like a lost puppy.

I followed him back outside, of course, shrugging at the other members as they gave me questioning looks.

"Follow me." He said and turned into his form, dashing to the front of their house, a forest patch. I did as I was told and turned into my form. Running behind him.

Curiosity gets the best of me, I guess.

 

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked him. He had stopped by a pond. Just sitting with crossed legs in front of it. Staring at the ducks that were floating.

"Sit here." He patted the space beside him.

Okay then.

"So-"

"Before everything else, I want you to answer me truthfully," He cut me off. He was still staring at the pond. "What do you think of me and Jae Ren together?"

They got together? That can't be it. He would be happy. More than happy, actually. He'd be ecstatic and he would be like a rocket jumping to the moon. Seriously.

"I don't know..." I answered.

"Hyung. I said truthfully." He sighed.

"Fine." I muttered. "I don't think it's a good idea because there's a chance she won't be your mate. You'll just hurt her. But if you two are already together, then I sup-"

"No. We're not together." Jinyoung shook his head, lightly chuckling.

Then why did he call me over here for?

"I think I liked her." He blurted

"Well, duh. I noticed that a long time already! You're always ogling at her and-Wait." I stopped and gave him a confused look. I'm sure he sees me from the corner of his eyes. "LikeD?"

He nodded and closed his eyes. "I liked her. I was dense to notice only now. When I've moved on already."

How...? How could he move on so easily from a crush that lasted years? It's not that easy. I know it is. Even if I've never liked anyone that way before. But I know it is.

"I guess... It was just a simple crush. I liked her maybe because she's the only female in my life who I'm not related to. But I kind of feel stupid for only noticing now." He admitted with a grin.

"Why did you move on in the first place? You looked awfully content just being beside her..." I said.

"When you love someone, is when you move on. Mine was just a crush." He explained.

"Crush? That 'crush' lasted for years." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"When you love someone, you love them for all their sides. The grumpy sides, the childish side, and so on and so forth." He began. What's he trying to say? "I guess when I've seen this new side of her, I decided that I didn't like her anymore. That doesn't mean I hate her, it just means that I don't like her in THAT way anymore. Maybe I'll just treat her like my younger sister. Yeah. I will do that." He said. I think he was talking to himself now.

But I can't help think about what Jae Ren would feel... She likes him too. I don't know to what extent, but she does. What would she feel when Jinyoung is suddenly not as attentive to her? When he's not as close to her? Wouldn't she feel crushed?

I guess it was all both of their faults to begin with. They should've known that these kind of things almost never work out.

"Your late realization of things irritates me a little." I blurted. Why did I just say that?!

He chuckled. "I'm not as observant as you, hyung. I'm a really dense wolf. You'd know that by now."

But still. Because of this little thing going on between them, either one or the both of them gets hurt in the end.

"Maybe you should've told me..." He mumbled.

No that would've made things worse.

"You're right. It would've made things worse." He exhaled. Did I say that out loud? "But I'm glad I moved on. It would make things a lot less complicated."

*Oh, how wrong are you, Jinyoung?* I stared at the ducks too. *Very.*


I really am thankful that a lot of people had subsribed to this story. More over when a lot of you comment and some occasionally send me messages.

It somehow helps me think that I'm not so worthless in writing after all XD

But seriously, thankyou ^o^ I just noticed how I got 20 upvotes, and I couldn't be more proud of that. :)

And don't me sad I don't reply to most comments... 

I'm shy XD