Groceries

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"So she hated your eyes...?" Jae Ren asked Hongbin, who was hiding his eyes in shame.

"Yes... she always made N hyung look for cures..." Hongbin mumbled when he felt a hand brush his bangs away gently.

He looked up and saw Jae Ren brushing them away, revealing his eyes.

"Don't cover them..." She gently smiled. "It looks better this way. She might have hated them, but I like them better when you show them."

Hongbin stiffly nodded, taken aback by her kindess.

"So," She stepped back and all eyed them. "I have to buy a lot of groceries now, want to come? I'll need help carrying them."

"I wanna come!" Hyuk excitedly went to Jae rens side, towering over her. "Can I?"

"Of course you can." She lightly chuckled. Somehow, she doesn't feel so alone anymore. Sure, she had Jinyoung before, but it wasn't the same. She had the reassurance that these boys won’t ever leave her.

"Can we come too...?" Ken shyly asked as he nudged Ravi.

"We'll all come." N announced. "But Jae Ren?"

"Hmm?"

"What are groceries?" N asked, and the other members seemed curious too.

Jae Ren gave them all looks. "You don’t know what groceries are?"

"No..." Hyuk sadly said. "Are you mad at us?"

"What? No! I'm not mad. Why would I be mad? It's not your fault." she chuckled and rubbed Hyuks back reassuringly. "I'll tell you on the way."

 

"Next time, you guys are waiting outside." Jae ren tiredly said as she threw herself, face flat, on the couch. "Can you guys carry them to the kitchen? I'll teach you to how put them away later." Her voice muffled by the pillow.

"Are you mad?" Hyuk pouted. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to push the whole aisle back..."

Jae Ren lifted her head, and she softened when she saw Hyuks crestfallen expression. *His aegyo will be the death of me.* "It's okay, Hyuk. You didn't mean to. And you knocked down the canned good aisle. So nothing was broken. And you all fixed it anyway." She recalled, still surprised of their amazing speed.

"Are you sure you're not mad?" Hyuk asked, his face the very definition of cuteness.

"I'm sure." Jae Ren chuckled. "Let's go to the kitchen. I'll teach you all how to put away the groceries."

"Okay, you put the canned goods in this cabinet," Jae Ren opens a cabinet and gestures with her hands, and then stacks the cans by its size. "Make sure to arrange them neatly and always put the same products together."

The boys nodded attentively and watched her closely.

"Now, the noodle packs go in this cabinet." She opens a different cabinet, just beside the other one, and neatly stacks the noodles. "Just like the cans, arrange them neatly. Make sure it's all organized."

The boys nodded again and watched her.

"There. Now, can you try finishing the rest up?" Jae Ren asked them, and saw them nod enthusiastically. "Okay, I'll be back. I just need to change."

The boys in the kitchen looked at each other and raced to the cabinet.

"That goes there, not here!"

"That's not a can! That's a fricking cup. That goes in the dishwasher."

"This brand goes there.... or here?"

"Wait-what am I doing again?"

The boys quarreled over the canned goods, complaining which can goes where, not aware that one of them has already finished the noodle section and fridge.

"Good job! Leo and Hongbin! You two are the only ones allowed to come with me to the grocery." Jae Ren smiled at the boys as she examined the fridge and the noodle cabinet.

The noodles were neatly stacked together, according to flavors and brand. The fridge has been arranged with all the drinks and frozen goods they brought from earlier.

While the can section...

The cans weren't even standing and it looks as if the 4 boys just threw them there and left them.

"N, Ken, Ravi and Hyuk." Jae Ren smiled apologetically, knowing full well how sensitive they can be, "You guys are going to stay here when we go grocery shopping. Okay?"

"But..." Hyuk pouted. "Hyung! This is your entire fault!" He pointed at Ken.

"What?! How is this my fault?! It's N hyungs! He kept blocking the way!" Ken blamed the leader who looked flabbergasted.

"You're just blaming it on me! It's not my fault! It's-"

"It's not anyone’s fault." Jae Ren rubbed her temples. "Just, leave this to Leo, Hongbin and me, okay? Go watch TV or something in the living room."

"Okay..." Ravi mumbled and walked dejectedly to the living room with the three other fails.

"How do you handle them?" Jae Ren asked Leo and Hongbin, glancing at the door where the 4 other VIXX members went through.

"We dont..." Hongbin shrugged while Leo nodded.

"Psh." Jae Ren chuckled as she emptied the can cabinet to fix it. "So do any of you have an idea of cooking?"

"Well, Leo does..." Hongbin nodded at Leo.

"You do?" Jae Ren asked with wide eyes, "Then you're going to help me. I'll teach you both since you two seem to be the most responsible." She chuckled.

"So... you're going to feed us?" Hongbin asked silently while emptying the other plastic bags.

"Yeah. I told you, I'm not going to hurt you." She reminded. "I'm not that kind of person. You guys can be my friends, if you want. But it's your choice. In my school, only Jinyoung is my friend. Creatures don’t really like me..."

"Why?" Leo asked in his usual quiet voice.

"Why would I hurt you? I would never hurt anyone." She stated simply.

"No, I mean, why don't they like you?" Leo asked again.

"Because I'm weird. I'm not like them. I'm different. So, I advise you guys to make friends with some other creatures there. Maybe the Dragon Newts BigBang or the Vampire Clan of Infinite..." She forced a smile. Even if they were technically 'hers', it didn't feel right to hold them back, she thought.

"But we don’t want to be THEIR friend. We want to be yours." Hongbin smiled warmly, "We're going to be together for a very long time, you know. There's no point in trying to get rid of us." He grinned.

"I wasn't getting rid of you." She rolled her eyes playfully. "I just don’t want you to limit yourselves..."

Leo scanned her solemn expression *She is so different from her grandmother in so many ways... Where does that kindness come from?*