Leader N

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Should we go in?" Ken asked them as Ravi prepared to knock.

"I think she wanted privacy." Hyuk furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "She might get angry..."

"But she needs to understand further. We need to explain." Hongbin reasoned "Maybe she's just confused and needs our help?"

"I'll go." N lightly pushed Ravi aside. "Alone. Wait downstairs."

The boys looked at each other but stepped aside, when Ravi saw N holding the Voodoo Doll.

"What are you planning to do?" Ravi asked, he gripped the leaders’ wrist, just as how fear had gripped him when he saw the doll.

"I'm going to explain. And it was handed down to her by the witch. It's hers." N explained calmly, noting the fear he saw in Ravis eyes "It'll be fine."

Ravi hesitantly let go of him, and watched as N entered the room and closed the door quietly.

 

"Jae Ren?" N softly called for her, but she didn't answer. He saw her at her rooms’ balcony, sitting quietly at the metal bench, enjoying the breeze. Being as she didn't want to even be a Witch, he didn't try calling her 'Master'.

It was a cloudy day, but it wasn't the rainy type. Just windy and cloudy.

N quietly sat next to her, and seeing as how she didn't react, he sat there in silence.

"Do you know the story of the Voodoo Doll?" N asked her, but she didn't react. He continued, "It was about a boy. A boy who loved a girl very much. Enough to make him do stupid things just for her."

He heard her exhale, "But she doesn't love him. In fact, she's just using him to get the boy SHE loves. And boy number one knows that. And he doesn't care. He chooses to help her anyway."

"And then what?" She asked quietly, but her gaze was on the clouds above.

"He became a doll for her to use. Whenever she got hurt, she took it out on the boy..." He stared at the doll in his hand, gently touching the holes on its sides.

"Can I borrow that?" She asked, much to N's surprise.

*It's yours.* "Sure." He gave the doll over, and watched her from the corner of his eyes if she was going to try anything.

"Can you continue your story?" She asked while gently running her fingers over the doll.

N nodded with a small smile and continued, "The boy loved her all the same. He never blamed or hated her... He always loved her."

"Do you think she'll ever love him back? Or will he have a happy ending without her?" Jae Ren asked, oblivious to the confused face N was giving her.

"You think they should have a happy ending?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah. Everyone deserves a happy ending... Even if some people don’t really get one." She answered.

"Well, in the end, he died." N frowned, the story was anti-climactic, and he knew that. "He died trying to make her happy."

"So what's the point of the story?" She asked again.

"The point was that he was always there for her... always. Even if she didn't really accept him. He was there. Always waiting, always helping."

Jae Ren frowned, "But isn't that stupid? He could've just left and moved on."

"He just loved her too much to do that." N explained. "And no one can ever really abandon the person they love purposely."

"So you guys are NOT going to ever leave me?" Jae Ren asked "Because it's your duty...?"

"Yes. And our fate is tied, Jae Ren." He said, softly smiling. He was starting to trust her now.

"Why?" Jae Ren asked confusedly.

"You are our real master. The Witch made us especially for you. And Voodoo magic only works through the health of the Master." N subtly explained

"You mean..." Jae Rens eyes widened.

"If you die, we will too." N nodded. He was expecting her to be nonchalant and not care about them, but what she said caught him off guard.

"But that's not fair!" She frowned.

"What? Why not?" N asked confusedly.

"You guys have emotions, and you guys are living... creatures." Jae Ren said, "You shouldn't have your lives tied to anyone. So if I get sick, you get sick too?"

"No... that doesn't happen." N shook his head with an amused smile. This girl really was something.

"Why are you even laughing?! You guys are tied to my life! If I die, you die too!" She fumed.

"You care." N smiled at her warmly.

"What? Of course I do! Why wouldn't I care?! You guys might die because of me!" She crossed her arms. "Can't we reverse it?"

"No." N shook his head. "But... if it makes you feel better, I don't mind..."

Jae Ren widened her eyes at him, urging him to explain.

"Because you care. Ever since we were created, no one-besides each other-has ever shown us kindness." N explained. "And it means a lot to me that you do-it means a lot to all of us."

Jae Ren warmly smiled.

"I'm N, by the way." He smiled. "I'm their Leader, which means I'm your right-hand man!"

"I'm..." Jae Ren faltered when she remembered that they already know her. "I mean, nice to meet you, N."

"That's the first time I've heard those words." N gratefully smiled at her.

"Really?" Jae Ren blinked, "Well you should know that I mean them." She nodded with a small smile. "Now, introduce me to the others. I want to meet them! Specially that jumpy one."

N got up and was surprised to have Jae Ren pull him by the wrist, eagerly pulling him to the living room. He could easily pull away from her grasp, but he didn't want to.

The warmth of her hand stopped him. *I've never felt this before...* He stole a glance of Jae Ren. *And I've never seen a smile as warm as hers...*