Hostage

My Six Voodoo Dolls

Jinyoung's Point of View

 

"Let us out of this dump!"

"Baro, calm down." I exhaled. "You'll only provoke them more if you keep yelling."

"Yeah. Lay down for a while so your wounds would heal." CNU said.

Judging from the outside through the window, it was maybe a few hours before noon. Sandeul was still fast asleep. He was the one who got the worst beating. It was because he fought back.

He may not look like it, but Sandeul's fast. Maybe they underestimated him. His knuckles were bruised, so it meant he had given someone a hard punch.

"Why us?" Baro asked, finally settling down on the concrete floor. We were currently in somewhat of a prison cell. There was only one bed, and we put Sandeul there. The floors were plain concrete and it was rather dark. “What do they want with us?" Baro asked again.

Should I tell them? It isn't my secret to share though...

"Do you know something?" CNU asked me.

Caught.

"It's not my secret to tell." I dismissed. "But I have faith in them. They'll come."

"It's VIXX, isn't it?"

I looked at Baro. How does he know?

"Face it, they were suspicious the first time they arrived." Baro shrugged. "This has probably have something to do with them and Jae Ren."

"You don't know that for sure." I pointed out.

"I heard them say they were going to use us as bait." Baro gave me a look. "They're the only group of suspicious creatures we're friends with. So I rest my case."

"And you're not denying anything." CNU pointed out.

"How did this turn into an interrogation?" I asked with wide eyes.

"It's not. But you look rather guilty." CNU commented.

"Why are you guys so against me these days?" I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Because you're hiding things from us." Baro shrugged. "We're supposed to be a pack. There shouldn't be secrets between us."

"But it's not my secret to share!" I reasoned. I already made Jae Ren cry, the least I could do was keep her secrets.

"Then don't whine why we're so harsh on you." CNU nonchalantly said.

"But-"

"Quiet there!"

Someone hollered.

Wow. They've been ignoring Baro who was yelling at the top of his longs just a few minutes ago, but they can't seem to ignore my whispering? Does EVERYONE hate me?

 

Xero's Point of View

 

I walked past the cell of the hostages, and they were already fast asleep. It was already getting dark, and it was just this morning we had captured them.

I pushed the tray of food that was provided for them to their cell, and I clanked my ring on the iron bars so they'd wake up.

"I really hoped this was a dream..." One of them muttered.

One of them with long hair gave me a look. "This isn't poisoned, is it?"

I shook my head and pushed the tray farther in the cell. I know that would've been unsafe and they could have taken advantage of the moment, but I was faster and stronger than them. They wouldn't have stood a chance.

Their leader, who I now know as Jinyoung, took the tray and passed it around. The only food that was on it was pieces of bread and bowls of soup for them anyway.

I noticed that one of them was still fast asleep.

"He hasn't woken up yet. Your friends sure did have fun beating him up." One of them dryly commented.

I didn't mind the comment, and sat on the stool behind me, leaning on the wall.

"Why are you doing this? What do you have against her?" Their leader- Jinyoung asked me. Judging from the confused looks his pack members gave him, he didn't tell them anything. We know that he is the one aware of Jae Ren's identity.

I could only stare at him. I had nothing against Jae Ren. Nothing at all. When SeoGoong and I were assigned to check up on VIXX's location last night, I found it hard to leave. She was by the house's balcony, staring up into the cloudy sky. I could stare at her all day, if I was given the chance. And I somehow feel envious of these wolves. Because it didn't take too much observing to see that she was clearly thinking of B1A4.

"Forget it." He rolled his eyes. He probably understood I wasn't going to talk.

I looked through the window that was at the high part of the wall of their cell. It had bars on it, unlike the window in my room.

But being with these wolves... I felt more free than ever.

Even if I wasn't really talking, they knew I meant no harm. I would nod, or shake my head at some of their questions. And if I only stared at them, they knew I wouldn't answer them.

"Xero! Where are you? Meeting down at front!" Hojoon hollered from somewhere.

"Xero, huh?" I looked at their leader. "Well, thanks, Xero. For the food."

I nodded, and let them be. And I'm content when I heard one of them say: "He's not all that bad, actually."