The Suitcase

My Six Voodoo Dolls

N's Point of View

 

We answered everything Gongchan asked over breakfast. And truthfully, he all took it in better than Jinyoung. When he pieced it all together, he understood why Jinyoung was acting distant to Jae Ren. He even hugged her-which I think is a little too over the top.

He made a better best friend for Jae Ren than Jinyoung.

"I swear, I'll kill Jinyoung hyung once we save him." He muttered under his breathe.

"We?" Ravi raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're still injured. You won't be coming." I shook my head at him. And besides, he could get killed.

"No. I want to come." He childishly pouted. And I am once again reminded he is B1A4's maknae.

"You can't. You saw what one of them did to you." Hongbin said.

"In my defence, there were two of them." Gongchan frowned.

"We're barely enough to take care of 13 of them." Ken sighed. "You'll get killed."

"Wow. That hurts a wolf's ego." Gongchan's frowned deepend. "I can help, I promise!"

I looked at the other members, and they all seemed hesitant. Even Hyuk who was always the most trusting among us. We all knew that Gongchan wasn't the best fighter. In their pack, it was Sandeul.

"You can come."

We all gaped at Jae Ren.

"Uh, Jae. Not to burst your or his bubble," Ravi began, "But you should think it through first. I mean, it's Topp Dogg. We haven't even seen their forms yet and they already had us on our knees back there-"

"No. I know." Jae Ren shook her head. "Just let him come. We need all the help we can get."

I was about to object too, but Leo shot us all that look from behind Jae Ren.

Fine.

"Yey~~~" Gongchan hugged Jae Ren-AGAIN- and rocked her from side to side. For someone who has wounds, he sure is active.

After a while of Gongchan asking us numerous questions-some even Jinyoung didn't ask-he finally got the whole thing. It was like he was with us all of our lives from the questions he asked. Heck, he even asked our different skills.

And he said I was such a cheater during tests because I already memorized runes and stuff like that.

Am not.

"Hey. I'm going to my room for a while. Call me when it's lunch time." Jae Ren said and walked off to her room.

She's probably going to do some extensive training.

She does that every chance she got since she found out she was a witch. She didn't stop, even when she fainted because she thought Jinyoung was 'disgusted' of her now. I wonder why?

I thought that she would never want to practice the magic again, but it motivated her even more.

"I'm going to talk to Jae Ren." I announced and went upstairs.

I knocked on her door, "Jae, I'm coming in!"

"Wow..."

I blinked at her room.

Twice.

Thrice.

"Jae...? How long have you been doing this?" I asked her.

"Oh? I found this in the living room." She patted the suitcase. "You brought it here for me, remember? I only opened it now. And wow. I didn't know there were so many books about witchcraft. I think I'm going to have to build a library in this house." She chuckled.

The books were piled up in her room, and even though they were arranged, it all looked so messy. Because there were a LOT of books.

"This isn't healthy. You shouldn't read all these books." I shook my head as I put stacks of the books back in the suitcase. It was much easier now to put them back in the bag because she stacked them neatly. "You could burn yourself out."

"Noooooo." She removed the books from the suitcase again. But she could only take out one or two at a time. "I just want to try the spells out."

I raised an eyebrow. "Does this have something to do with what Jinyoung said?"

"No." She bit the inside of her cheeks.

You're not a good liar, Jae Ren.

"Jae." I said in a tone that meant 'you better tell the truth'.

"Fine." She sat on her bed. "I just thought... If maybe I can put myself to good use, he won't think I'm disgusting..."

"No one thinks that, Jae." I said as I put the books back into the suitcase. "Some things aren't really meant to be. You just have to face it, and move on. Okay? It's life."

"But it's easier to hold on." She reasoned.

That broke me a little.

"But there's no progress in that." I sighed. I kneeled on one leg in front of her. It was like she was a kid and I was an adult who was trying to convince her to go to pre-school. "It's going to hurt, but you have to move on. He'll find his mate someday, and you'll have to be happy for him. Move on, hmm?"

"Fine. If you say so. I’ll try." She exhaled. "But I do have to memorize some spells." She said.

I made a face. "Fine. But I get to choose which spell book." I bargained. And I didn't wait for a reply. I handed her a book.

"Shield-Make magic?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "What would I do with this? Attack her with shields?"

I shrugged. "Defense is a good offence too. You can tire her out first before you can attack."

"Ahhhhh." She nodded. "But can I have another sp-"

"No." I dismissed and took the suitcase with me, disappearing from her room.

"You tricked me!" She hollered.

Hehehe. She didn't know I already had all the books in the bag. Including the one she hid under the mattress of her bed.

Besides, she won't need to fight.

I won't let her.

As long as I'm standing on my own two feet, she won't get hurt.

At least... that's what I hope for.







I'm back :3