That Bad Feeling

My Six Voodoo Dolls

N's Point of View

 

When I woke up, I suddenly had this urge to not go to school and set up runes for the house instead.

Something wasn't right. I just know it. There was something wrong with the air.

But I couldn't tell Jae Ren or any of VIXX that. Whenever I had this feeling, even in the old house, I never told anyone. I just did my best to be alert.

But this time, I'm more alert. Every time I had this feeling, I was always right.

That time Yoonchul betrayed us.

When we were attacked by another Witch at the Bayou.

And of course, when Topp Dogg ambushed us.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Hyuk snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing." I stood up and headed to the door. "It's still early. You can sleep." I said. The other members were still asleep too.

"No. I can't sleep anymore." He said and got up from his bed. "This day doesn't feel right, doesn't it?"

He noticed too? "Yeah. You felt it too?"

"Yup. My first time feeling this, actually. Do you always feel it?" He asked as we made our way downstairs.

"More than two times." I shrugged. I shouldn't worry them.

He stayed silent. I was going to the kitchen to make breakfast-don't worry, I won't burn the place down-when someone knocked on the door.

A wolf. I could smell it.

It can't be Topp Dogg. Since we have enhanced smell, we can easily distinct them from ordinary werewolves and... them.

Hyuk opened the door, and he pushed it open and caught whoever just suddenly fainted on our doorstep.

Gongchan.

Hyuk and I looked each other, and we both knew this was NOT good at all.

I carried Gongchan to the couch and laid him there, "Hyuk. Go wake up the others. Including Jae Ren." I ordered. I did protocal and removed Gongchans jacket, leaving him in his blood-stained shirt.

He was beaten up pretty badly.

The corners of his lips were bleeding and he had cuts and bruises all over his body and face. Judging from his clean knuckles, they didn't even give him a chance to fight back.

"What happened?!" Jae Ren ran down the stairs. She inspected Gongchan immediately. "What happened to him?!"

"He knocked on our door and fainted there." I said. I already set the salves on the coffee table for her to treat him. She's been doing that a lot lately.

She dabbed some of the healing salve on his face first. "Did they do this to him?"

"I'm sure of it." I nodded. "They must have used him as a messenger. Which means..."

Her breathing hitched. I'm guessing she already knows what I was about to say.

"But I'm sure they wouldn't kill them." *At least, not yet.* I tried to calm her down.

The other members finally went down, and I could see it in their faces... they knew this wouldn't end well.

 

"So, can you tell us what happened?"

Gongchan woke up about 2 hours from when he arrived. There's no point in going to school now. So I sent Hongbin there earlier to excuse all of us earlier.

He blinked at me before looking away. "When I tell you everything, can you answer my questions?" Why? Doesn't he trust us?

"You're not in a position to negotiate." Ken pointed out.

"Shh. Don't be mean." Jae Ren slapped his arm, making Ken pout. "We'll answer your questions. Just tell us what Topp Dogg told you."

Gongchan weakly smiled at her. "They told me..." He exhaled. "They told me, if you don't go to the adress that they'll mail in the next few days, they won't kill my pack members." Then what?

I regret asking that.

"They'll instead turn them into monsters like them, and brainwash them."

Jae Ren dropped the vial she was holding, causing the silence of the room to be disturbed by the sound of glass breaking.

"So they're taking them as hostage?" Ken asked.

What are we supposed to do? We're cornered.

They'll probably ask for Jae Ren, and she'll willingly give herself up for them. We have to think of something before that letter arrives.

I glanced at the other members, and they all had the same expression as me.

We have to protect Jae Ren.

"Please..." Gongchan whispered. "Save them..."

Jae Ren gave me that look of hers.

She was trapped too.

If she were to give herself up and accept death, she would condemn us VIXX to our deaths too.

But if she doesn't do what the said letter would ask her to do, she'd condemn B1A4 to theirs.

It all boiled down to her.







This is going to be my last update today, and I'll just remind you guys again that I won't be able to update this weekend :I

But 3 updates for one day is enough to make up for it, right? XD

Oh, and I wanted to thank those 22 users who upvoted this fic :) It means a lot :D

Also those 140 subbies :D

And, if you remove the 0 there, that's my age right there. ;)

It was coincidental that I got that number of subscribers on the day I suddenly brought up the age topic, so why not? XD