The Exit!

My Six Voodoo Dolls

More or less half an hour has already passed when Leo nudged N.

"Wha...?" N groggily rubbed his eyes.

"The Exit." Leo quietly said and stood up, the other members standing up after him.

"Where? I don't see one anywhere." Hyuk squinted his eyes and looked around.

"Over there." Leo pointed at a tree.

Every member had different skills. And Leo had the most enhanced strength and his mind was hard-wired for combat skills. He was the only one to have two special skills.

Hyuk was the one with the best reflexes; Ken was the one with the best sense of smell, Ravi having the best sense of Magic Energy or any presence of intruders at all. Hongbin had the best sight, even if his eyes had crosses on them. And N had special magic passages.

Magic Passages are found in the soul. It is what defines if you are able to learn magic (like humans) or if you're a shapeshifter, or if you're a vampire.

It is best explained as doors.

There are creatures who can only open one door. Like the vampires and were creatures like the werewolves.

Vampires are only meant to be vampires. Not Magicians, Sorcerers, Werewolves, or anything else.

Werewolves can only be werewolves. Harpies-Harpies. Dryads-Dryads.

It was like Genetic Codes. Except it involved magic.

Humans can easily open those doors. A bite from a vampire can turn them into one. And werewolves have the same effect on them too. A bite or even just a scratch. Infusing magic energy inside them can help them learn to be Sorcerers or Magicians.

Vampires can't learn magic. Nor can Were creatures, or some Shape Shifters.

Dryads, Elves, and Nymphs can learn magic because they already have magic inside them. Just like Witches and Warlocks. Except Witches and Warlocks have far more pure and raw magic energy inside them.

N had magic infused him, but not just normal magic energy, but a Witches' which helps him learn Witchcraft, though only limited.

"I see it." Hongbin said. "It's like a door..." He said as he was already touching the bark of the tree, getting there in half a second.

"All I see is tree bark." Ravi frowned. He touched the bark too, but was surprised as his hand went through it. "Whoa..."

"That's cool." Ken commented. "Are you sure that's the exit?"

"It's the only passage way here. I think that's the exit." Hongbin blankly said. "And it wasn't there before."

"Let's just take our chances. There'd be no point in staying here anyway." N said and walked through the tree.

The boys followed after their leader without a second of hesitance. Because even if they hadn't admitted it, they were worried sick for Jae Ren.

Not because their lives, too, are at stake, but because they genuinely cared for her.

 

"Jae Ren. I smell an exit." Jinyoung lightly poked her to wake her up. "Wake up."

Her eyes remained closed, but her eyebrows furrowed. His eyes widened and he tried to shake her awake.

"Jae? Wake up. I'm not kidding. Wake up." He shook her, but she just mumbled incoherent words and she was burning up. He touched her forehead and muttered a curse. *She was this hot and I didn't even notice!*

He piggyback rode her and carried her to the smell of the exit.

*Where is it? I swore I smelled the stench of that Lycan coach on one of these trees.* His kind and the Lycans may share blood, but he had to admit that they smelled really earthy and... savage-ish to him. He looked around and finally spotted the tree. *Gotcha!*

He sprinted and let his foot go through the portal first to check if he was right, since both of his hands were holding on to Jae Rens legs. He worriedly glanced at her sleeping but trouble face that was resting on his left shoulder. *Stay strong, Jae. I won’t let anything hurt you.* He stepped inside the portal, and made a break for it.

 

"Jae Ren?! Why is she unconscious?! What happened in there?!" N yelled with angry eyes and an intimidating tone, but Jinyoung was unfazed. Like the arctic fox-or rather wolf, he was.

"We slept there since we got tired. And when I tried to wake her up, she wouldn't. Now, she's running a fever." Jinyoung worriedly glanced at Jae Ren before turning his gaze back to N. "You know that something was wrong in there." He used his head to gesture at the forest that was now being exited by students who seemed breathless.

N made a blank face. "We don't."

"Sure you don't." Jinyoung sarcastically said. "I'm going to take her home."

"We're going with you." N said and nodded at VIXX who was quietly waiting for their hyung to come back with Jae Ren. But of course, they were eavesdropping.

"No. You can't. It's your first day and you're going to skip? Not a chance. They'll blame this on Jae." Jinyoung sternly said, his alpha voice kicking in. "If you want to protect her from detention and bad looks from the teachers, you'd stay here and go to classes."

N glared, but didn't speak. He knew Jinyoung was right. And he-nor the other VIXX members-would never want anything bad to happen to Jae Ren. Even if it's just grades. They see her work hard for her studies, and they didn't want to ruin that for her.

"Fine." N exhaled, finally calming down. "Do you have keys?"

"Yup." Jinyoung nodded, also calming down. "I'll take her home. I'll take care of her until you guys arrive."

N nodded and started to walk away.

"N."

N looked back, hiding his confusion on how he knew his name, and saw Jinyoung half-turned.

"I won’t let anything bad happen to her. I promise." Jinyoung said.

"I know." N smally smiled. "But I can't help but worry sometimes." He said before walking away to s.

*I know that feeling.* Jinyoung thought and ran with his superhuman speed to crate momentum for climbing the schools walls. The gates would be enchanted at this hour, since it was only the second period after lunch. He jumped up, gently landing to the other side, making sure Jae Ren was comfortable.

She unconsciously tightened her arms around his neck for support, and snuggled closer to his shoulder, making Jinyoung warmly smiling all the way to her house.

 

"Why'd you just let him go?" Hyuk pouted.

"Because he had a point." N said as they walked to the next period. And being bag less and not having even one pen for their first day, they didn't have to stop by their locker. "We shouldn't give Jae Ren trouble."

"Let's just be good students and come home later for Jae Ren, oh?" Hongbin nudged Hyuk with a grin to comfort the latter.

"I guess..." Hyuk mumbled.

*I miss her too, Hyuk. Everyone does.* N thought as he glanced at each member.

Everyone had either long faces, or forced smiles.

*The things you do to us, Jae.* N thought, but a small smile playing on his lips.


Triple update: DONE! Oh, I also have a new idea for a story, but I don't know the main characters yet. I actually got the idea while I was cooking my snack a few minutes ago. Don't ask me how, because I seriously don't know. XD Anyway, hope you'll read it if I post it!

Oh, I'll also triple update my other ongoing story :)

Bye~~~~