The Realization of the Forest

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Jinyoung, you're tired. Let's stop here." Jae Ren poked the center of his furry head.

He made a sound but reluctantly complied and lay on his belly to let her get off and turned into his human form.

"You're lucky I got my clothes enchanted." Jinyoung smirked. "And I'm not tired."

"Yes you are. I noticed how you're breathing got heavier." She pointed out using her keen observation.

"Well... I'm just out of shape, okay?" He reasoned. "And I don’t like staying in one place... this new forest kinda feels wrong..."

She raised his eyebrow at him as she sat down at the foot of a tree. "What makes you say that?"

"Well... We haven't bumped into anyone ever since we got to this place. And I can't sense my pack member’s anywhere." He answered and sat down beside her.

*Werewolves never loose connection with pack members unless they've gone rogue...* Jae Ren widened her eyes and gaped, and before she could say anything,

"I haven't left my pack, if that's what you're thinking." He exhaled. "It feels odd not sensing them or not hearing them in my thoughts... I kinda feel alone, you know?"

"No. I don't," She threw him a look, "Because I've never had other peoples connected to mine before."

He lightly chuckled and nudged her, "You know, you could always become a werewolf..."

"No thanks. I don’t want to be bitten and have your cooties flow through my veins." She made a face.

"Psh. You make us sound like vampires. At least just one bite will do... no need for the of blood or anything." Jinyoung shrugged. "AND you never have to brush your teeth again."

"That sounds gross." She scrunched her nose, "Doesn't the whole human to wolf only work on s?"

"You're saying you're not a ?!" He alarmedly asked.

She pinked and shoved him "What kind of question is that?! Of course I am..."

He let out a sigh of relief and leaned on the tree again. "You can even join my pack."

"I don't want to talk about this, Jinyoung." She closed her eyes to send him the message.

He exhaled and silenced himself, knowing full well how stubborn Jae Ren is.

They both sat there, Jinyoung humming a tune while Jae Ren was closing her eyes and listening.

"Wait-" She suddenly stood up, making Jinyoung fall back since he was previously leaning on her. "Where's the exit?"

Jinyoung looked around and his eyes slowly widened. "Did they just remove the exit? Or did they just hide it in a different place?"

"No. It's supposed to be on one of the trees!" Jae Ren panicked. "That's what they said when we were freshmen! The exit will always be on one of the trees! The tree with red leaves!"

"I can’t see red trees anywhere." Jinyoung kept scanning the place with his enhanced vision. "Are they seriously going to lock us in here until the period ends?"

"I dont know! And we haven't bumped into anyone yet! We always used to bump into other creatures, but we haven't even seen another pair!" Jae Ren started to hyperventilate. *VIXX.*

"Calm down." Jinyoung put his hands on her shoulders. "Calm down, Jae." He hugged her tightly. "Let's just wait till the period ends. We have half an hour left."

"What if-"

"No. Don't think like that, Jae. Just think positive. I'm here, okay? Just trust me." He pulled away and warmly smiled at her. "I'm here."

She softened and nodded. "Okay."

"That's my girl." Jinyoung pinched her cheeks.

She playfully slapped his hands away and crinkled her nose at him, making him chuckle heartily.

 

"Guys, I found the problem." Hongbin skidded to a stop, making Hyuk bump into his back and Ken to Hyuks’.

"Oww." Hyuk stepped back. "What is it?"

"The portals our Magic energy." Hongbin stated, making N give him a skeptical look.

"I've never heard of such a thing." N furrowed his eyebrows.

"But you have to notice: Everytime we go to a new area, we feel even more tired. And it's just been half an hour. Only humans should be tired at such a small time frame." Hongbin deducted, "The portals magic and block it too."

"Block?" Ken made a confused face.

"Yup. It's why we can’t sense anyone else. Every creature has magic energy inside them. And we rely on that energy to sense another energy from a different creature. We also rely on it to use our skills." Hongbin stated. "Right?" He turned to N.

N nodded and put a finger to his chin thoughtfully, "And since Jae Ren isn't awakened, and her magic energy is still sealed, she should be unaffected."

"But what about us and the other creatures?" Ravi asked.

"The portals drain the magic energy from us. Which means the creatures who rely on magic forms, like Harpies and the Were creatures, will be greatly affected." Hongbin answered.

"The vampires have concentrated energy inside them, so they might not still be tired YET." N added. "And the humans who have magic infused them like the sorcerers, will suffer just as bad as the Were creatures."

"Did someone plan this?" Hyuk asked.

"Well, I think so. I mean, magic energy from hundreds of students can be pretty useful." Hongbin thinned his lips. "This amount of energy is enough to power the whole city for a week."

"Someone's behind this. And we have to find out who. This isn't something that is just a coincidence." N determinedly said. "And this is a regular schedule. If we do this same thing every day, how much energy will they have collected in just a week?"

"Are you sure Jae Ren is going to be alright?" Ravi worriedly asked.

"She's still sealed, so she should be fine. The portals only take magic energy since taking normal energy will be pretty useless." Hongbin said as he sat on a tree stump.

"So what do we do now?" Hyuk asked and sat down beside Hongbin.

"We wait. We shouldn't contribute to their collection anymore." N shook his head. "Only less than half an hour left. Maybe an exit will appear then."

"And if there's no exit?" Ken looked at them with a blank expression.

"Just don’t think about that." N waved away, knowing that he couldn't really answer that question.

N sat at the foot of a tree next to the quiet Leo and stared at the Pink sky, obviously an illusion. *Please be fine, Jae Ren... Not for us, but for you.*