Hopeless

My Six Voodoo Dolls

Jae Ren's Point of View

 

"Just tell me where they are!" I yelled. The throne room was in chaos now. And I've blown up one of the walls, letting the outside shine in on the now rubble filled room. I've also dismantled the traps on the floor earlier by causing a minor earthquake.

"Not until I win." She gritted her teeth, and tried to hit me again with glass shards she fires from the shields she makes.

I had blood on my cheek. It was from the explosion I caused that made me land on the floor in a not so gentle way. While her hair was now a mess and her nose was bleeding because I kicked her in the face when she tried a melee spell on me.

Yes. I did that.

I pulled Gongchan to the side earlier so he wouldn't get hurt, but I still don't know where B1A4 is.

"You little brat! Where did you learn these spells?!" She frustratedly asked as she made small rock golems from the rubble.

"That's for me to know, and you to never find out!" I yelled back as I used a gravitation spell to crush her golems into dust.

Honestly, I'm so tired I could give out any second.

But not until I find B1A4. I got them into this mess, and to hell I'll go if I don't save them.

"I've had enough!" She yelled. And I could feel that I do not like where this is going.

I suddenly coughed as I smell the scent of rotting flesh in the air.

"Like it? It's my scent." She smirked. "The Pitcher Plant. A rare and deadly scent. Do you know what my skill is?"

My eyes widened. I immediately materialized a rock fort to protect myself.

"Nice try." She sarcastically commented as black liquid oozed through the walls of my fort.

Decay Magic.

I let it go and the wall went back to the ground.

Decay magic has many forms. But it seems she has a thing for Acid.

"You know... just one drop can rot your skin inside-out..." She maliciously smiled at me.

I look back on the past months, and if you ask the old me about this situation, I would honestly call you crazy.

That made me smile.

"Why so happy?" She asked as she made a puddle of acid appear from where I was standing from. "You know, you're the first Witch to have lasted this long with me. Your grandmother was already aged and weak so she doesn't count."

I ignored her comment. "I'm the first Witch that's going to beat you." I weakly grinned as I jumped. I don't know where the courage came from, but if I was going down, I'd go down with a stupid smile.

The one Jinyoung loved. Well... used to.

I lost my balance and I almost tripped straight into a puddle of the liquid.

"Jae!" Hyuk caught me.

"Hey." I weakly smiled at them. I turned to the Witch I was currently battling with. "I told you they'd come."

She glared hard at me, and she raised her palm to direct the liquid at me. But Hyuk was too fast and he already kept us out of harm’s way.

"What happened here?" Ken asked.

Ken, Hongbin and Hyuk were here. And here we were: In the midst of the ruined Throne room.

"Me and Her happened here." I chuckled.

"I found Gongchan." Hongbin said as he carried the wolf on his back.. "N hyung and the others are out looking for B1A4."

I nodded with half-lidded eyes, but they widened when I saw something behind Hongbin.

"WATCH OUT!"

I pushed him away, along with Gongchan and created a wall of glass to shield us from the Acid shower.

"Woah... where'd you learn that?" Ken asked.

"Book" I panted and a small smile crept on my lips when I remembered N. I let the wall go as soon as the shower stopped and the glass shatered into pieces.

"You never learn when to quit, do you?!" I yelled at particularly nothing.

She was using shadow magic to hide herself.

My legs buckled, and I fell on the ground.

"... I'm... so... tired..." I panted.

Ken sat infront of me as if sheilding me.

"What are you doing?! Get out of the way!" I yelled and made another wall-this time made of metal-to cover us from the disgusting black liquid that the Black Witch was hurling at us again.

 

Ken's Point of View

 

It's hopeless. I knew that from the moment I saw Jae Ren barely able to stand up.

VIXX and I can't help her. Not in this one. We're no match for that witch. So the best we can do is defend her until she regains her strength.

"Get out of the way, Ken!" She yelled as she tried to keep her metal wall up.

"No... I'll protect you..." I whispered. I don't care how painful dying of acid would be. But it's more painful to see her like this.

She had scratches everywhere and she was bleeding. I know her opponent was the same way too, but Jae Ren is still a beginner here. And she's going against a millennium old Witch. How unfair could things get? There's no way she'd survive this with only us. And what's more, she had already depleted here energy just by trying to defend herself. We’ve already lost…

We strayed from the plan too much. The original plan was just to find B1A4 and get out of here. But it seems the Black Witch tricked Jae and Gongchan and led them to her instead...

"No..." She shook her head weakly as she kept a firm hold on her wall with her right hand. She put her left hand on it too, sandwiching me between her arms. "I won't stop... I have to protect... all of you...." She panted and her eyes were already starting to close.

I looked at Hongbin and Hyuk, and I sadly smiled at them. They nodded at me with the same sad smile, and they tried to pull Jae Ren away. But she kept barking at them to let her go.

Jae Ren... Let us protect you.

Even if we haven't been with Jae Ren for a long time, I couldn't love her and respect her as my master and friend any more than I have. She's important to me-us. And we'll protect her no matter the costs.

And that means my life along with it.







Helvetica Neue is my favorite font. 

XD