She's still the Same... Isn't she?

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Jae~!" Jinyoung yelled. And before Jae Ren could react, he was already beside her, slinging his hand on her shoulder.

"Do you need to shout so early in the morning?" Jae Ren asked.

"Hey. What's with the grumpy attitude?" Jinyoung chuckled, ruffling her hair, making her frown. "You look as if you've been up all night."

"I was." Jae Ren huffed and crossed her arms.

"And why is that?" Jinyoung asked. "And where's VIXX? Since I know already, they don't need to hide in the shadows and watch you from afar."

"We were attacked." Hongbin appeared out of nowhere.

"Again?" Jinyoung stopped walking.

"No. Not really. But it's just that Jae Ren wouldn't sleep unless we would." N said, appearing like the wind beside Jinyoung. The latter was a little startled, but he didn't show it. He mentally prepared himself for it since he already saw them fight.

"Then why didn't you sleep?" Jinyoung asked, continuing walking beside Jae Ren. She walked off, not really waiting for him when he stopped to talk to VIXX.

"We needed to patrol the area in case of attacks. And she was too stubborn to sleep." Ken said. He was a little grumpy too because he lacked sleep. He was in charge of putting Jae Ren to sleep and making sure she stayed asleep, but that took more energy than the actual patrol.

"If only SOMEONE slept like we told her too." N said right next to Jae Rens ear, nudging her.

"Well if only SOMEONE else just stopped being paranoid, that other SOMEONE would." Jae Ren stuck her tongue at N and ran off.

"What did you say?! You can't outrun me!" N yelled.

"But we're in public so you can't do anything to me!" Jae Ren laughed and continued running.

"You brat!" N yelled and ran after, using human speed just to humor her. "Come back here!"

Jinyoung saw the two and he looked away, turning his attention to the pavement he was walking on. He felt uncomfortable watching them. It took Jinyoung YEARS to be able to make Jae Ren laugh like that. And now, it's only been a few months, and VIXX was able to do it.

Most especially, N.

The wolf felt a gnawing feeling in his stomach, but didn't show any signs of it. He settled for talking with the other VIXX members while walking to school.

 

"Good Morning!" Sandeul beamed at VIXX before pouting. "Where were you guys? You left Jae Ren here all alone."

"We had a little emergency." Ravi shrugged. He knew Sandeul was about to open his mouth to ask what kind of emergency, but he immediately changed the topic. "Did you guys walk her home?"

"No. We had to go to a meeting. But Jinyoung hyung disappeared too!" Sandeul whipped his head to Jinyoung and immediately approached the latter. "Where were you anyway, hyung? You just ran off."

Jinyoung's eyes widened, and he looked at VIXX for help. "I was uh... I had to go... I-"

"We kinda... stole him from you." N rubbed his neck sheepishly for effect. "We needed him. It's confidential. You wouldn't understand." He dismissed.

"But he's our pack leader! He should tell us~!" Sandeul whined.

*Where's Baro when I need him?!* Jinyoung looked around. Still no sign of the other pack members. Usually, Baro would distract Sandeul when his questions get a little off-hand. He couldn't really lie to him. Pack members had a sixth sense for each other. Sandeul would immediately know if he was lying.

"Now, now. Don't you keep secrets too? He is your pack leader. Trust him." N patted Sandeuls head. The latter nodded with a pout.

*Wow.* Jinyoung blinked. *Who knew he could pacify that energized rabbit?*

"Okay then." Sandeul sighed. "Oh, hyung. The others aren't coming. They've been asked to do duty by the West Coast."

"Really? Why didn't they ask for the whole pack?" Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows. Yeah. Why didn't they? It wasn't normal to be separated from the pack. It could make a wolf feel agitated and hot headed.

"I don't know... But they didn't ask for me to come so you wouldn't feel... separated." Sandeul finished. "They only needed three since the transport vehicle had only room for only them."

Jinyoung rubbed his eyes with a sigh. He turned to VIXX and was surprised they were still there. He thought they've already gone off to their classes. But he knew they all shared the same time table as Jae Ren. But he was more surprised of the looks they had on. They wore serious expressions. Especially N. Who seemed deep in thought. Jae Ren just seemed worried.

"Aren't you guys going to classes? Sandeul and I have different first period that you." Jinyoung snapped them out of their thoughts.

"Oh." N blinked. "We'll just drop you off. We pass by yours anyway." He shrugged. Jinyoung nodded and walked off to class with Sandeul.

Just being with one of his pack members still made him worried. He had this instinct to always be with them. Sure, he'd leave them from time-to-time to be with Jae Ren. But he always asked for permission first so they'd understand and that they wouldn't worry. But now, it didn't feel right without a single 'goodbye'. What made him feel more worried was how VIXX's expression changed when they heard 'West Coast'.

*They couldn't have known about the attack, right? That kind of information stays within the community...* Jinyoung thought. *Could they?* He quickly glanced at Jae Ren. *They do have a Witch on their side after all...* He blinked and mentally slapped himself. *What am I thinking? She's still the same Jae Ren I grew up with... Isn't she?*