The Different Lives of Guardians

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Xero! Wake up! It's time to train! Don't let master see you still lying down!" P-Goon yelled through the door. It was 5 AM. But instead of sleeping, since they didn't have anything else to do anyway, they trained. The whole day. If not, they would run errands for their master to retrieve ingredients or something.

Xero sat up. He wasn't really sleeping. He woke up 30 Minutes ago. He got up and took a change of clothes. They're lucky their master gave them clothes. They don’t really perspire much, but they subconsciously liked the idea of living a normal life.

"I think Seogoong is in the bathroom right now. He'll be done in a few." P-Goon said. And yes, they only had one bathroom. For 13 people-I mean creatures. But that didn't matter. With their speed, they only needed like 2 minutes each to shower.

Xero smally nodded and left to go to the bathroom door to wait.

"Oh. And breakfast is already in the table." P-Goon informed before walking off.

*It's not like I'll eat anyway.* Xero told himself. They didn't really need to eat. They just did it to gain weight or for pleasure of taste. The Witch already gives them a monthly supply of a potion that sustains their bodies.

And the food tasted horrible here. It was like it was made from dust and cobwebs. But they can't blame the cooks. They only follow orders.

The Witch had a lot of workers in her 'castle'. Cooks, maids, gardeners, and them. Her guardians or what she prefers to call 'slaves'. She made them all, and some, she salvaged from villages that she probably destroyed. The cooks were reanimated human life forms that didn't have a brain. The maids were either vampires or werewolves that she forced to swear an oath to serve her for as long as she lives. The gardeners were soul less dolls.  And Topp Dogg were beasts.

They changed form and they have incredible physical capabilities.

Xero looked out of the window that was on the hallway. It was heavily tinted, so you could barely see the outside. Not that anyone minded. No one paid attention to the outside world, except Xero. He sighed and ran his fingers on the glass. *What is it like living outside this Dark Castle...? What's it like living with a different Master?* He asked himself. But when he thought 'different Master' he was already thinking of VIXX's Master. Just as he heard a door click, he pulled his hand back and assumed a casual pose.

"Oh. Hey. Was I long? Sorry." Seogoong said as he dried his hair with his towel, stepping out. Xero only shook his head and went inside for his turn. Seogoong glanced at the window, and saw faint traces of Xero's hand. He shook his head and walked off. He was a good observer, but that doesn't mean he should sprout out his findings. He very well knew how Xero wanted to leave this place, but he was tied.

Guardians thrive on the magic of their master. Not really feed off, but merely... depend. It's like their life force is connected to the masters. If the master dies, the guardian dies. And, the master can kill his/her guardian if he/she chose to. And knowing their master, the second Xero steps out of the Dark Castle without permission, she'll cut him off immediately. No matter how special he was.

*My dreams of escaping died 3oo years ago. You should grow up, Xero.* Seogoong said to himself.

 

"Hey Jae Ren!" Hyuk yelled.

"What?! I'm the kitchen!" Jae Ren yelled back.

Hyuk darted to the kitchen and chuckled. "Nothing. Nyahahahaha." And left like the wind.

Jae Ren rolled her eyes, but her smile was there. "You better stop pestering me if you want to eat breakfast!" She threatened.

"Woah. What's with the yelling?" Ken asked as he stepped inside the kitchen, rubbing his eyes with a sleepy expression.

"Nothing. Why are you so tired? There's still an energy salve inside the medicine cabinet, I think." Jae Ren said and glanced at the medicine cabinet that was inside the kitchen. She recently had that installed there for holding salves and potions for the boys.

"I just patrolled the whole night last night. In case Topp Dogg found out." Ken yawned.

"Alone? You should go to bed then." Jae Ren worriedly said.

"I went with N hyung. He's still patrolling I think." Ken scratched his head as he opened the medicine cabinet, looking for the glowing blue liquid he needed.

"Still?! Seriously?! Leo!" Jae Ren called for Leo, who appeared in less than a second. "Can you look for N? Please? He must be tired. If it's not a bother, I mean-"

Leo already left to look for N before Jae Ren could finish what she was saying. And before she could turn back to her cooking, Leo appeared again. Pulling N by his collar.

"Hey!" N weakly said from the fatigue. "Let me go! I'm your hyung!" He tried to yell, but it was coming off as a whisper.

"Shh. Hongbin, take over for me." Jae Ren said, and Hongbin was already at the stove. He smiled at her and shooed her off. "Thanks."

"No need." Hongbin reassured. "Wow. He looks... awful." He glanced at N. N didn't look all that bad, actually. But slightly panting was already 'awful' in their dictionary. And he looked like he really needed to sleep.

"I'll put him in his room." Jae Ren pulled N with her, patting Leo's back and smiled at him to thank him.

Jae Ren guided N to VIXX's room. His eyes were half-lidded and he kept yawning on the way.

"I told you... I don't... need... to sleep..." N said as she lightly pushed him into his bed.

"You do. Now, listen to Master and sleep." Jae Ren sternly said.

"I don't have to listen if it means I have to protect you..." N tiredly said and tried to get up.

"Don't make me use this." Jae Ren suddenly pulled the Voodoo Doll out. She learned a while ago that she could whisper orders to the doll, and they'd do it immediately. Of course, she wouldn't do it unless necessary.

She didn't like the feeling of controlling someone. And N knew that.

"Fine." He muttered and lay back down.

Jae Ren pulled the blanket up to his chest. "Sleep well." She patted his head and left to go back to the kitchen.

"Thankyou Jae." N mumbled.

"For what?" Jae Ren raised an eyebrow.

"For caring for us." N simply said, drifting off to sleep.

Jae Ren shook her head with a smile. *I should be thanking all of you. For proving that I don't have to push people away anymore...*

 

*I'll protect you...* Xero and N thought. *Even if it means my life.*