Mission

My Six Voodoo Dolls

Jae Ren's Point of View

 

I woke up half an hour ago, and I decided to go to the living room earlier. Topp Dogg was already there and I had fun watching them goofing off and be noisy.

It seems they didn't have much freedom back then. They didn't even know how to use the remote for the TV. I just left them there to discover new things and went back inside my room.

But it's over. It's finally over.

The Black Witch turned out to be Go Seomin. That's what P-Goon said, anyway. No, I didn't kill her.

I reversed her age and turned her back into a harmless infant. Though I didn't mean to do it, I took away her magic essence too.

"I'm back" I heard Hongbins voice from downstairs. He was the one who put Seomin in an orphanage since none of us can take care of a baby. But it's good because we put her in the same orphanage she was in when she was a baby.

Yes. She was an orphan.

Adopted into my grandmothers family to be the oldest sister. She was jealous of my grandmother because even though she was younger than her, she was far more powerful than Seomin.

At least, that's what her diary said. It was found in her room.

N, Ravi, Ken, and 3 other Topp Dogg members are there, rummaging for information right now.

I haven't memorized Topp Dogg's names yet, honestly. The only ones I remember are Xero, P-Goon and Hansol.

"What are you thinking?"

I looked at Xero. I forgot he was here with me. He was the one who bandaged me since I used up all the salves on B1A4.

"Nothing..." I shook my head. I was sitting up on my bed, while he was leaning on the wall straight infront of me. "Why do you like looking out the window?"

He looked at me, tearing his gaze from the window. "I... don't know. I'm curious."

I tilted my head to the right in wonder. "Curious about what?"

"Everything." He answered calmly. His voice is quiet and collected, though I can still sense the feeling of mystery in them. "I'm curious of the outside world."

"Didn't Seomin send you on missions outside?" I asked.

He nodded. "She did. But we were ordered to retrieve and then leave immediately. We've been to pretty much the same places..."

Oh. "Didn't you have at least the freedom to go on runs at night?" Even though they're not really wolves, their forms are almost quite similar. So wouldn't they need the excercise too?

"No." He shook his head. "The last time one of us attempted that, we were forced to train for 3 weeks straight. No bathroom breaks, food or sleep."

I shuddered. How can someone be so cruel?

When I think of how much they had suffered to be under the same cicumstance for centuries, I can't help but feel bad. Because I'm their new master and what exactly am I doing? It's the same thing with Seomin. They're not really free. They just have a little more freedom, but they're not free.

To travel the world... I think they would want that. Maybe they can...

I tried to get up from bed, but I felt a sharp pain on my side.

"Jae Ren!" Xero was beside me in a flash, catching me. "Stay in bed. You're not well yet."

"No. I did this earlier. I can stand..." I reasoned, but once I tried to stand on my own, my knees gave out. I would have crumpled to the floor if Xero didn't catch me. Again.

"I can carry you." He offered. Before I could reject the offer and stubbornly try to walk on my own, he was already carrying me like a baby.

"This is humiliating." I pointed out.

He chuckled. "It beats having to drag yourself out of your room. Now where do you want to go?"

"Living Room. To Topp Dogg. Take me to Topp Dogg." I ordered. He looked confused, but did as I said anyway. "You're not allowed to ask why." I informed before he can open his mouth.

He nodded and wordlessly took me to the Living Room.

"I need to talk to you." I said as soon as Xero let me down on the couch. "You can tell your other members later, right?" I looked at P-Goon, and he nodded.

"We'll tell Seogoong, Kidoh and Sangdo later." He affirmed.

I nodded with a grateful smile. "I just wanted to ask you... if you maybe want to go on a little mission for me." I can see they all stiffened, but they all relaxed soon later. I just need them to trust me.

"What kind of mission? How many of us do you want to go?" Jenissi cautiously asked me.

"All of you." I answered. "And it's no ordinary mission."

Hojoon gave me a curious look. "Details, please."

"I want you to travel around the continent. Globe, if you want." I grinned. They all looked more confused than earlier, though. "I know you all haven't had much freedom in your lives. And I don't know how that feels, personally. So I want you to feel free here. I won't tie you down or chain you. I want you to experience freedom. And well... living." I explained. "So would you accept my mission?"

"That's not a mission, Jae Ren. It wouldn't benefit you at all." Hansol shook his head.

"It would." I convinced.

"How?" The one I remember as Nakta asked. "How would this benefit you? This would only benefit us." He frowned.

I shook my head. "If you're happy, I am too."

They were in silence. What? Did I say something wrong?

"We'll accept."

I turned to Xero. He was smiling at me. And I smile back in return.

"But Xero... This is too much." P-Goon shook his head. "I mean, this would mean less protection for you."

"She said this is what she wants. And as a guardian, I will do it." Xero reasoned. "And I think VIXX is more than enough protection for master."

I slightly reddened at the 'master' part. I don't want them to call me that.

"Please?" I begged. I can never live with the guilt of tying them down to me...

"If it's what you want, I'll do it." The youngest, Yano, beamed at me. Thank God.

I looked at P-Goon, and he heaved a sigh.

"Fine..." He muttered. "But we're coming back in the first sign of trouble." He warned.

I brightened and hugged him. He was just right beside me anyway.

He stiffened, but patted my back anyway.

I'll make Topp Dogg happy. They deserve it.

"Thankyou, Jae Ren. This means a lot..." He murmured, pulling away.

I nodded back with a smile. "It's nothing. It means a lot to me too."

Knowing I did what was best for them made me happy. It took a lot of courage to turn their backs on everything they knew; the castle, their master, their livelihood, everything. And knowing they chose me makes me feel like I am special. They deserve the freedom.

"Can I get a hug too?" Hansol slyly asked me, making me chuckle. I nodded and outstrectched my arms.

"Me too!"

"I take part in this."

Before I knew it, Topp Dogg was already giving me a group hug.

 

And of course, having the ahjumma sense N has, he burst out the door and yelled, "YOU'RE SQUISHING HER!"







I haven't been able to update lately because I have been very pressured, okay? XD

The fic is nearing the end, and I just want to make sure I get the details right so a sequel can be possible.