The Gift

The Shadows

~JIYONG'S POV~

Hell!

Holy motherf*cking $h-t!

I stood on my spot. I wanted to go back to jail. She's totally out of her mind! Why the ing hell did she do that? I had the sudden impulse to do something to back to jail and be with the people who really know me.

With a frustrated growl, I went inside the house. I ran up to my room, dropped my bag in one corner and took my shirt off. I threw it over a laundry bag near the bathroom. I was about to put my earphones on when my eyes caught something. I looked up and saw the girl waving at me through her opened window.

I slowly walked to my window, making her grin wider. With a smirk, I pulled the blinds down and closed the lights. I dropped myself in the bed.

You're so rude! I jerked up and squinted my eyes, looking around my dark room. And then, I realized the voice came from my mind. Aish! What the ing hell did that girl to me? Since when did I develop a conscience? And why am I feeling guitly for shouting at her and for not thanking her?

I cursed under my breath again, flicking the lampshade open. I pulled the blinds and window up. She was still there, in her window. “What do you want this time?” I wearily asked.

She smiled. “I'm grounded”

I snorted. “Why do you look so ing happy?”

She grimaced. “It's really rude to curse in front of a girl”

“Well, I can't really change that, can I?”

she frowned a little but then she sighed. “I'm not entirely happy about me being grounded but it's the consequence of my decision so I don't really feel bad about t”

“You shouldn't have done what you did”

“No regrets” she shrugged.

I was itching to ask her why she's doing what she's doing but then I had a feeling she'll answer me with the usual I'm-just-trying-to-be-friendly line.

“They took my phone” she then said. “And Jae was supposed to call me tonight. If you remember, he's in London. He usually calls me every night. Oh well, I guess that's fine. He'll be back tomorrow anyways”

“So what do you want?” I impatiently asked.

She shrugged. “It feels pretty lonely. I just wanted someone to talk to and since I don't have a phone right now, I don't really have a choice but to talk to you, do I?”

“You don't have a choice?” I chuckled.

“I'm glad I made you smile” she said and then she started ranting about nonsense things. I almost forgot how talkative she could get. I had the urge to close the window again but then, she did bail me out. I guess I can afford to let it pass for tonight.

“Anyways, did you eat the chocolate I gave you?”

I suddenly found myself incapable of speaking. Why is it so hard to answer that damn simple question. With a growl, I answered, “yes”

“Oh, no wonder you're being a bit nice to me tonight. Wait, I'll get you more”

“I don't want-!”

But she's already gone. Damn it! When she came back, she had three chocolate bars on her hand. “Here, catch” she said as she threw the chocolate bars one by one. I took them, anyways.

“It was nice talking to you, Kwon Jiyong. Thanks for the company. I'll be going to sleep now. Goodnight!”

o=o=o

“How's your girlfriend doing?”

“When are you going to introduce her to us?”

“She's not my girlfriend” I gritted for the nth time”

“Yeah, right” Bom sniggered.

“We heard you did something to make those cops shut up about her bailing you out. You're not being protective, are you?”

“AISH!” I snapped. “She's not my girlfriend! She's just my neighbor!”

“That's quite dangerous you know, especially for her” CL said.

“I'm not doing anything” I hissed.

“That girl's crazy. Out of all the people in this place, she got herself involved with two of the-”

“Shut up”

o=o=o

“Jae!”

I knew that voice. I looked around and saw the girl bouncing towards her boyfriend. I shook my head at her absurdity and looked away. So, the boyfriend's back ,eh? Good. That girl won't bother me anymore now that he's back. I somehow feel grateful to the guy.

~DARA'S POV~

He laughed lightly as I threw myself to him mindlessly. When my senses came to me, I quickly pulled myself away from him but he only hugged me again.

“Hey, I haven't had enough yet” he chuckled in my ear and kissed my temple.

“You're back!” I cheered. “I missed you! Did you miss me, too?”

“Every second” he said, inhaling my scent. “I've been trying to call you but-”

“Err, I'm grounded. My phone got confiscated.

“Grounded?” he frowned. “Why?”

“It's a pretty long story” I said. Aigoo! I hope he would just drop it off. I can't tell him what I did, can I? Right on cue, the school bell rang. He then looked at me.

“I'll walk you to your class” he said.

“Oh, you don't have to. I can-”

“I insist” he cut off.

I didn't argue. I do want him to walk me to my class. I bowed my head down when I suddenly felt eyes on me. The other students were staring at us. Jae then stopped. I looked at him, confused.

“What?” I asked,

“Are you. . . ashame of being with me?”

“Of course not! How could you think that?” I burst out.

“Then don't bow your head”

“I'm shy” I admitted.

“Dara, we're already together” he quietly said. “Don't bother yourself with what they think. What only matters is you and me. That's just it. I don't mind what they think because the only thing that matters to me is you. Could you do that for me, too?”

Oh dear, Lord! That was. . . cheesy but I felt giddy.

“Come here, you” he said, pulling me in his arms. I buried my face in his chest and hugged him back.

“I'll try to do what you ask me to”

“Don't try” he said. “Do it”

I was in the clouds the whole day, smiling giddily to myself. I'm in love! It felt surreal that I just want to explode. This is for real. This is different from all the other relationships I had before.

“I got something for you” he whispered in my eat when lunch arrived. The girls aren't that bother about me and jae anymore.

“Really?” I asked, rolling the orange on the table.

“Yes. It's in my car. Do you want to see it?” he excitedly asked.

“But you haven't finished your lunch yet”

“Seeing you smile is enough for me”

I laughed. “Stop that, it's creepy”

“So, do you want to see it or not?”

I stalled for a moment then I excitedly nodded.

“Where are you going?” Krystal asked.

“Just going to give Dara something” Jae winked and pulled me out of the bench.

“Okay, have fun on each other” Victoria teased, making the other girls laugh.

“It's not like that!” I informed her.

“Someone's being defensive” Luna joined in. “It only means one thing – you're guilty”

“Don't mind them” Jae whispered in my ear.

When we reached his car, we went inside the backseat. He smiled boyishly at me before picking up a box.

“What's this?” I asked.

“Open it” he smiled.

I did what he said. “Oh, it's beautiful!”

“I'm glad you liked it”

“I've always wanted to have an anklet before” I said. “Put it on me” I said.

“Mom helped me choose this. She said she wanted to meet you this weekend”

“I can't” I said.

“Why?”

“I'm grounded, remember?”

“Why were you grounded anyways?” he asked. Aigoo! I looked away but then, he caught my chin and made me look at him. And I can't resist him when his eyes go all alluring and begging like that. And before I could stop myself, I started telling him about what happened. Everything.

“I was just trying to be friendly” I finished. I started to get worried when he remained silent. Slowly, he smiled.

“You got a big heart to help him like that. And I love you more for that”

------

banner by Jusuchina