The Change

The Shadows
o=o=o
 
Two days had pass since Jae told me he loves me. I still can’t get over it. I haven’t returned those words, though. I’m quite. . .shy. But I’m showing my feelings for him through actions. I haven’t introduced him yet to Mom and Dad but I think they pretty much know about it already. I’ll officially introduce Jae when I’m not grounded anymore.
 
Being in love is not al about smiles, of course. At day, I can’t seem to contain my happiness when I’m with him. But at night, it’s quite opposite since me phone’s not yet returned to me. I missed those times when Jae calls me; when we exchange messages.
 
It’s pretty lonely for the past nights; especially Kwon Jiyong wasn’t home during those times. I really don’t have any idea where he sleeps when he’s not in his own house or what he do. But I guess I’ll never know. He obviously hates talking to me.
 
I closed the lights and decided to go to bed since I don’t have anything to. It was when I was lying down, staring at the dark ceiling when I felt something was wrong. It’s as if someone was watching me, it’s as if there’s someone else in my room. Panicking, I quickly opened the lampshade and looked around the room but there’s no one else here. Gosh, I never thought my imagination’s quite creative. I shook my head and was about to close the light and go back to bed when I head a loud thud from my window. With a frown, I went towards it and opened it. I saw Kwon Jiyong from his room, his head stuck out from it. His dark eyes seemed alert and there was something more in it that I can’t describe.
 
“Did you throw something at my window?” I asked.
 
“Yes” he answered absentmindedly; his eyes went past by me. It’s as if he was looking for something in my room.
 
“Why?” I asked.
 
“I just want to check. . .” he trailed then shook his head.
 
“You’re checking if I’m alright?” I excitedly asked. “Aww, that’s really sweet of you. I’m fine, though but a while ago, I thought someone else was her. But when I opened the light, I found no one. It turned out I was just imagining things”
 
He was silent as his frown deepened. “Leave your lampshade on when you go to sleep”
 
“Aww, you’re really sweet” I teased. “I can’t sleep with a light on, though”
 
His face went into that rude look again. “Then cover your eyes”
 
But that’s really tiring” I pointed out.
 
“I didn’t say cover your eyes with your hands, did I?” he gritted.
 
“But why should I-?”
 
“Just do what I say!” he gritted again and slammed his window down.
 
o=o=o
 
~JAEJOONG’S POV~
 
I went to the back of the school building and waited for the letter sender to come. I found a letter in my locker a while ago and it seemed very important. There was a silent sigh beside me. I gave a start. I don’t usually get surprise because. . . . well, I just don’t get surprise most of the time. I straightened up and faced the person beside me.
 
“You wrote the note?” I asked.
 
“Yes” he answered gruffly. I chucked at how he sounded so annoyed. He obviously doesn’t like what he’s doing right now.
 
“You didn’t have to write the note, you know” I said.
 
“I try to be as normal as I can be” he gritted again.
 
I looked at him for a moment then frowned. “You sounded urgent on the note. What’s this about?” I asked. He looked around first and secured his hood on his head, his hands on the pockets of his jeans.
 
“Have you been lurking on your girlfriend’s room?” he asked.
 
“No” I chuckled. “Why would I do that? That’s unethical”
 
His eyes narrowed. “Oh, of course. You don’t do THINGS like that because you’re elite”
 
“Why did you ask?”
 
“I felt someone lurking in her room last night”
 
My body instantly tensed. I leaned one hand against the wall for support. I’m not really faint-hearted but the knowledge of someone on Dara’s room unnerves me.
 
“I suggest you watch your girl more closely. What happened last night might be just a simple coincidence but there’s a possibility that it’s not”
 
He turned around to leave but something was bugging me. Since it seemed to me that this is the only chance I could get to talk to him, I decided to pursue my question.
 
“Why?” I asked loudly. He stopped. “Why are you helping . . .?”
 
“I’m not being helpful” he snapped. “The truth is, I wanted to strangle the life out of your girl from too much annoyance. But I don’t like someone lurking in a human’s house especially if it’s near me”
 
I managed to smile. “Still, thank you for informing me”
 
o=o=o
 
~DARA’S POV~
 
Weird. Kwon Jiyong’s been err, a bit nicer to me. Well, not really like that but bearable. We talk a bit decently now than before, though I still do most of the talking and he just listen. Actually, I don’t really think he’s listening but at least he pretends to be. There’s just some things tha ti can’t share with my friends and Jae.
 
“When will you be not grounded anymore?” he asked one night.
 
“I don’t know” I shrugged. “Come to think of it, I haven’t been grounded this long”
 
“Good thing my parents aren’t here anymore” he snorted.
 
“Don’t you miss them?” I bravely asked. I regretted it as soon as the words came out. The look in his face could have cause me my life. “Sorry” I quickly said.
 
“You talk too much” he mumbled darkly.
 
“Are we friends now?” I asked out of nowhere, making him laugh.
 
“You got a lot of friends already. Adding a criminal on your list is not healthy, so no. oh wait, are trying to be friendly with me because you want me TERRORIZE the teachers to give you high grades, too?”
 
“I’m not like that” I pouted. “I’m just wondering why you suddenly CHANGE towards me”
 
“I didn’t” he said, then shrugged. “I still want to strangle you. Hell, I’m still ing pissed with you and I’m afraid it’ll never go away”
 
“Then why are you talking to me now?”
 
He shrugged.
 
“What does that mean?”
 
He just laughed. “Don’t close the light when you go to sleep”
 
“You’re really rude”
 
 He just laughed again.
 
o=o=o
 
“You’re not grounded anymore”
 
“Really? Waah! Thank you thank you thank you!!”
 
I hugged Dad and Mom as they gave back my mobile phone. I quickly ran upstairs to tell Kwon Jiyong I’m not grounded anymore. But I found out he wasn’t home. I shrugged and went to call Jae.
 
“I’m not grounded anymore!” I sang. I heard him laugh. I dropped myself on the bed and laughed with him.
 
“That’s good news!” he enthusiastically said. “We can hang out longer now, right?”
 
“I guess so” I chuckled. “But I’ll slow down first, so they’ll think I’m pretty behave”
 
“Too bad”
 
“Why?” I asked.
 
“I wanted to introduce you to my parents this weekend”
 
“Oh” I mumbled. “There’s still next time, right? And- wait! Did you. . .? did you just say y-you want to introduce. . . me. . . to . . . your parents?”
 
“Yes” he chuckled.
 
I suddenly dropped my phone as my fingers went numb. My mouth dropped open, too. Aigoo! He didn’t mean that, did he? Aigoo! Meet his parents? Seriously? Will. . . will his parents like me?
 
Wah! I don’t think I can do it. I can’t. I just can’t. Just thinking of meeting his parents makes my heart froze in fear. What if they won’t like me? What if they won’t give me their approval?
 
Wah! I’m scared! I bowed my head and saw my phone. Aigoo! I forgot about it! I quickly picked it up.
 
“Dara? Dara! Dara is something wrong? Ya! Why aren’t you-?”
 
“Jae” I quietly said.
 
“Did something happen?” he urgently asked.
 
“I’m fine. I was just surprised”
 
“Surprised?” he repeated. “With what?”
 
“With what you said about meeting your parents”
 
“Oh. What’s so surprising there?”
 
“I’m scared” I admitted.
 
He chuckled. “You don’t have to be scared and besides, it won’t happen this weekend yet. So don’t worry, okay?”
 
“Okay” I agreed. “Well, I think I’ll do the introducing first”
 
“You’d do that?” he asked. I can hear he was delighted about it.
 
“Would you love that?”
 
“Of course I do!” he exclaimed.
 
“It’s settled then” I said. “But I have to decide when yet”
 
“Fine with me” he answered.
 
I suddenly saw a light coming through my window. I pushed myself up and looked through it. Kwon Jiyong was home. I went to my window and pushed it up.
 
“Hey” I said to Jae. “I’m hanging up. I got to do something”
 
“Okay. Have a good sleep. And I love you”
 
I smiled. “Same here”
 
I waited for Kwon Jiyong to pass through his window. When he did, I frantically waved my arms to get his attention. But he didn’t notice. I grimaced. An idea came to my mind. I ran downstairs and flicked through the crisp pages of the directory and headed to my room again. I dialed his number I saw him jumped in his place as soon as the phone started ringing. He glanced at it and frowned. Then he looked up. I smiled and waved at him. He shook his head and went to get the phone. He pushed his window up.
 
“What?”
 
“I’m not grounded anymore!” I told him.
 
“Ha ha. I’m so happy for you” he sarcastically said.
 
I decided to ignore his sarcasm. “I was wondering if I could get your mobile number. Just in-“
 
“I don’t have a mobile phone” he cut off.
 
My eyes narrowed at this. “I don’t believe you”
 
“I don’t care” he scoffed.
 
“It’s either you’re lying or you don’t want to give me your number”
 
“Both” he grinned. “So, now that you’re not grounded anymore, does this mean you won’t bother me anymore?”
 
It was my turn to grin. “Dream on”
 
“Huh! Well, don’t expect me to be polite to you, too”
 
“I’m not expecting you, too” I shrugged.
 
“That’s great! Let’s continue living our lives by annoying the crap out of each other”
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
banner by anonymoes