The Temptation

The Shadows

 

I glanced at the desk clock and sighed. I gently removed the girl’s head, hand and leg off me. I got out of the bed and went downstairs to their kitchen and pried around. After a while, I went upstairs, to her room and placed the plate beside her. I was at the door already when I heard her call my name. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Why does she always have to wake up when I’m about to leave? Can’t I just leave without her waking up?
 
I slowly turned around to face her. She was looking down at the plate of pancakes beside her with teary eyes. Then, she looked up to me and jumped out of the bed. I know what’s going to happen next. So even before she could throw herself to me for an embrace, I stopped her.
 
“Enough of your hugs” I gritted, holding her an arms’ length away from me.
 
“Have you cooked for yourself, too?” she asked. I didn’t answer. “Wait, I’ll just wash my face and brush my teeth” she said then went to the bathroom. I was thinking of leaving when she suddenly came back. She went to get the plate on the bed and bounced to me. She grabbed my wrist and started dragging me with her.
 
“I’m not hungry” I said as she started making pancakes, which I presumed are for me.
 
“I don’t believe you” the girl answered.
 
“You don’t really believe anything I say or do, do you?”
 
“That’s not true” she contradicted.
 
“Well, I don’t believe you too” I returned.
 
“That’s because you’re narrow-minded”
 
“And you’re stubborn”
 
She chuckled. “We can go on like this forever, can’t we?”
 
“There’s no such thing as forever” I grimaced.
 
“Why are you being a pessimist this early?” she asked.
 
“Because I’m spending time with you against my will”
 
“Against your will?” she scoffed.  “I actually think you’re enjoying my company already. And admit it, you consider me as your friend already”
 
“You’re delusional” I snorted.
 
“And I think you’re beginning to care for me” she said, then added, “as a friend, of course”
 
“That’s just your imagination”
 
“Then why did you make those pancakes for me?” she asked, facing me. She smiled knowingly as I wasn’t able to answer at once. “Ah, I’m so proud of myself”
 
“I didn’t make these because I care”
 
“Sorry” she said. “You’re minutes late in explaining yourself” she added then placed a plate in front of me.
 
“Do you know how irritating you are?” I gritted.
 
“Honey or chocolate syrup?” she asked.
 
The girl can’t seem to take the smile off her face as we were having a silent breakfast. She seemed unaffected by the glare and dark aura coming from me. Instead, she got smugger than before, making me growl. She suddenly burst out laughing until she fell off the chair. I straightened up, only to find her rolling on the floor, still laughing.
 
My insides started to tremble, my fists balled and my jaw clenched. I angrily stood up and pushed the empty plate away from me. I then started heading towards the door.
 
“Ya!” where are you going?”
 
I didn’t say anything. I just continued walking. When I was out of her house, a string of profanities flew from my mouth. I felt a hand in my right shoulder, turning me around.
 
“Would you like to ride with me to the-?”
 
“No!” I shouted at her. She flinched a little but she was still wearing that annoying smug smile on her face.
 
“Thank you by the way for keeping me company and-“
 
“Stop thanking me, okay?!” I snapped.
 
“If you don’t want my thank you, that’s fine but let me-“
 
“No more hugging-“ I started but stopped as she tiptoed and planted a kiss on my cheek. She grinned at me then ran back to her house.
 
!
 
!
 
What the mothering hell was that?
 
I jumped over the fence, went to my house and immediately wash my face. That girl is crossing the line already!
 
o=o=o
 
~DARA’S POV~
 
“I swea Luna, I’m telling the truth” I heard Victoria said the moment I arrived at our table.
 
“Really?” Luna asked eagerly.
 
“Yes” Victoria nodded. “I slept with almost 80% of the boys in this place but I’m telling you, he’s the best!”
 
I shook my head at this and exchanged a smile with Sulli. “Looks like Vic got a new flavor of the moth, eh?”
 
“Eventhough he’s not that well built and his upper body’s covered with those ugly scars, still, he’s amazing. He made me feel. . . it’s hard to describe. Unfortunately, he told me he won’t sleep with me again because what we had was a simple one night stand”
 
I froze and looked up at Sulli again. “Who are they talking about?” I asked in a whisper.
 
“Kwon Jiyong” she said. “It turned out that Vic had an err, you, with him”
 
“Vic” I called Victoria. “I think it’s inappropriate to share to other people what-“
 
“You consider me other people?” Luna asked.
 
“It’s not that. I’m just-“
 
“-thinking of Kwon Jiyong” Victoria finished.
 
“What?” Luna asked.
 
“You heard that right, Luna” Victoria said. “Kwon Jiyong matters to her more than us, her friends for how many years already”
 
“It’s not like that”
 
“Then tell me what it is” Victoria challenged. “Or maybe you want me to point it out to you? Oh wait, you thought I or we didn’t notice how you changed? Eversince Kwon Jiyong joined us in this table, you changed. You pay more attention to what he does or what he say. You rarely hangout with us even. Don’t you think you’re being a flirty ?”
 
“How could you say that?!”  I exclaimed.
 
“Victoria!” Sulli gasped.
 
“It’s true” Victoria said. “In case you forgot, you already have a boyfriend but you’re flirting with Jiyong”
 
“I’m not flirting with him!” I defended myself. “I was just being friendly”
 
“You know how Dara is, Vic” Sulli said, “We’ve know her as the friendliest among us so I think you’re going a bit overboard”
 
“What’s going on here?” a new voice joined us. We all looked up and saw Krystal, frowning at us.
 
“Krystal, you’re back!” I greeted. “Where’s Jae?”
 
“He’s still in Europe” she said. “I just went back earlier. So, what’s going on here? Why are you arguing?”
 
“Ask your cousin’s girlfriend” Victoria said and stood up. “I’ll go ahead. I lost my appetite”
 
o=o=o
 
I tried to call Jae but I can’t contact him. Victoria, Luna and Krystal have been ignoring me for two days now. Everytime we eat lunch, they act like I’m not there. Eventhough Sulli remained loyal to me, I still feel alone and I hate being alone. So, I came to calling Kwon Jiyong.
 
“Where are you?” I asked.
 
“House” he answered. “It’s not yet time for my watching du-“
 
“I’m coming over” I said.
 
 
~AUTHOUR’S POV~
 
When Jiyong heard the doorbell, he immediately went to get the door. “What do you-?” he started but stopped as the girl looked up. Her eyes and nose were red from too much crying already. He wasn’t able to say anything at first as he wondered what could have caused this heavy crying.
 
“Jiyong!” she sobbed and buried her face in his chest and wrapped her arms around him. Trough sobs and with a muffled voice, she launched to telling him what happened.
 
“So?” he asked after her story. “What do you want me to do then, hug you back? Comfort you? Go find comfort from your other friends. I don’t really have time to listen to your petty problems”
 
The girl froze. She pulled away from him and looked at him, eyes filled with pain. She sniffed and turned to leave. She was halfway through the lawn when she sharply turned around and marched angrily towards him. Her hand automatically flew to his face.
 
“You’re supposed to be my friend, too!” she cried.
 
Jiyong’s jaw clenched at the intensity of the slap. His blood started boiling in his veins. He looked up, teeth grinding as he watched the girl walk away. His feet started moving. He can feel it coming. The girl’s going to get what she deserves. He can’t let it pass by like that. He’ll show her why it’s not good to anger him.
 
The first thing that came to his mind was to slap her back then shout at her. Eventhough Sandara Park’s a girl; he will not hesitate to do that. So, with long determined strides, he was able to reach her. He grabbed her arm, burying his fingers deeply into her flesh. He turned her around roughly that the girl’s head shook back and forth.
 
But what he did was FAR from what he had in mind.
 
He kissed her. He can tell the girl was shocked too because she was all frozen. His anger was slowly ebbing away as electric currents rushed from his head down to his feet. The right thing to do was to stop the kiss but when she gasped, making available for him to explore, the temptation was too strong that any thought of stopping the kiss was shoved out of his mind. With a frustrated growl, he cupped her face and deepened the kiss, tasting every corner of .
 
Dara, on the other hand, was too stunned to move. She felt heat coursed through her veins that it felt like she was going to explode. It was far from that spine tingly and icy shivers she got used to with someone. She blinked several times until her eyes finally closed. Her arms lifted on their own accord and went to rest on his shoulders. With a helpless moan, she surrendered to the sensation he was giving her.
 
But just when she was starting to surrender to him, he pushed her away roughly. They both panted as they looked into each other’s eyes.
 
“I-I’m sorry” Jiyong said and turned to go inside his house, leaving Dara dumbstruck on her spot.
 
Jiyong leaned against the closed door and slowly slid himself to the floor. He pulled his hair from frustration. “!” he cursed out loud and started knocking his own head with his fist.
 
“Meanwhile, Dara was not yet back to her senses. She doesn’t even know how she was able to get to herself in her own room. She stared blankly at her wall as her mind tried to catch up with what happened a while ago. She lifted her hand and touched her lips. There were only five words that her brain could come up with.
 
“His lips are so soft” she said aloud.
 
o=o=o
 
Jiyong watched the girl peacefully sleeping. He was still trying to justify his actions a while ago. He can’t say that his anger led him to do it. If it was anger, he could have hurt her. He sighed and cursed himself. He doesn’t want to think that it was her tears or eyes that made him kiss her.
 
His eyes involuntarily went to her lips. He pushed himself off the wall and went to sit at the edge of the bed. His head moved to the side as his trembling hands reached for her lips. At his touch, her lips parted slightly, blowing air gently to his fingers. He withdrew his hand and looked away, jaws clenching as flashes of what happened in his lawn this afternoon came rushing to his mind. He pulled his hair out and bwoed his head.
 
“What the ing hell am I doing?” he hissed under his breath. He glanced back at the girl and he felt his frown disappeared. Frustrated with himself, he stood up and started pacing here and there. “No!” he gritted under his breath and went to punch the wall.
 
The lampshade suddenly went off, the window flew open then closed. His eyes widen as he saw a black smoke suspended above the girl’s bed. Instinctively, he jumped to the bed and covered the girl’s body with his own.
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
a/n: to be continued... hehe