The Endearment

The Shadows
o=o=o
 
“Where are we going to sleep tonight?” I asked him.
 
“We can’t sleep in one bed now” he said. “It’s unethical” he finished with a laugh.
 
“Ha ha. Very funny”
 
“It is funny” he said.
 
“No, it isn’t” I grimaced.
 
“Aren’t you worried of what people might say?” he asked humorously.
 
“You’re so happy tonight” I noticed. “I take it it’s because of me?”
 
“Conceited” he chuckled.
 
I smiled in return and just rested my chin on his shoulder. He’s currently walking home with me on his back. It’ll be a long journey before we reach home. And it’s not just the journey home that’ll take time. But I know I can endure it as long as his with me – my own fallen angel.
 
I knew it. Right from the beginning, I sensed Jiyong was special, still and always be special. But of course, I really didn’t have any idea of what and who really is. My crazy little mind just came up with the fallen angel image. Well, come to think of it, he’s really like that since he’s somehow connected to that beautiful fallen angel.
 
“Why do you think there has been no attacks on me lately?” I opened.
 
“I don’t know, either” he said. “But let’s just be grateful with it”
 
“Ooh, you’re worried for me!” I giggled.
 
“You assumed too much, don’t you?”
 
“No, I don’t. I just find you easy and hard to read at the same time”
 
We turned silent after that. But we would bicker every now and then while making our way home. I kept on mocking and teasing him at how he tries to be funny. Ha! I’m glad that he’s being cool and not being grumpy but I enjoy it everytime he growls.
 
“Jaejoong’s in front of your house” he informed me.
 
“Huh?” I blankly asked. I looked up and saw that he was telling the truth. I climbed down his back and joined our hands together. “Jae” I called. “What are you doing here?”
 
“I wanted to talk to you2 he said.
 
“Jae, I-.”
 
“This’ll be quick” he quickly said. “Jiyong can stay and listen”
 
“Get on with it then2 Jiyong said.
 
“I’d still be watching over you every now and then, Dara” he said. “Don’t be surprise and don’t panic if you see me around sometimes”
 
“Jae, you don’t have to-.”
 
“I want to2 he cut off, then gave me a tight smile. “See you around”
 
 
“I can’t understand what he sees in you” Jiyong clicked his tongue after Jae’s car got out of sight. “If you ask me, you look ordinary”
 
“Ya!” I protested.
 
“Just telling the truth” he shrugged.
 
“Well, maybe because I’m simply charismatic and charming” I boasted.
 
“I don’t think that’s it” he disagreed.
 
“Maybe you two saw the same thing”
 
“I doubt that” he waved off.
 
“Aish” I growled. “What did you like about me then?”
 
“I didn’t say I like you” he coughed.
 
“Ya!” I burst out. “Let me just remind you, Kwon Jiyong. I, Sandara Park is now your official girlfriend so you-.”
 
He gave me a peck on the lips. “I know that” he snorted. “No need to remind me”
 
I was too stunned to even speak. I just stared at him my eyes sparkling from giddiness.
 
“So, where will we stay for tonight?” he asked.
 
I just blinked in response. Is he for real? Is he really the rude and mean Kwon Jiyong that I learned to love?
 
“Okay, my place then” he declared.
 
o=o=o
 
I feel like we’re husband and wife already. We ate dinner together, we brushed our teeth together – but we don’t do shower together. And of course, we’re about to sleep in one bed just like those times when he was watching over me. We’re just going to SLEEP – no more, no less. But the add-on to it is the cuddling, hehe.
 
I smiled as I rested my head and hand on his chest. I sighed as I felt the steady rise and fall of his chest, hear every beat of his heart.
 
“I missed this” I chuckled.
 
“Huh” he snorted in response.
 
“Goodnight, Jiyong and sweet dreams”
 
“Hmm” he mumbled.
 
“Jiyong?”
 
He sighed impatiently.
 
“I love you” I whispered.
 
Silence.
 
“Thank you” he said. I wasn’t expecting he’ll say ‘I love you, too’ or that he was going to say anything, so hearing him acknowledge my feelings meant a lot to me already. This could be the beginning. . .
 
I closed my eyes, all set to sleep with a smile on my face. Then, I remembered something.
 
“Jiyong, you forgot something” I informed him.
 
“What?”
 
“You forgot to give me my goodnight kiss” I said as I opened my eyes to look at him. He caught my chin in between his thumb and fore finger, his head slowly descending. But before his lips touched mine, I giggled uncontrollably.
 
“What the-?!”
 
“Sorry” I giggled. “I’m just excited”
 
He laughed out loud then took me by surprise by claiming my lips. As usual, my reactions to kiss were the same.
 
“Okay, that’s it for tonight” he said, pulling back.
 
“But. . . but I-.”
 
“Dara, in case you forgot, I’m still a GUY”
 
I blushed. “I thought you don’t find me attractive?” I innocently asked. When he glared at me, I pouted. “Okay, okay. I was just kidding, okay? I’m going to sleep now”
 
o=o=o
 
I felt two arms hugged me from behind followed by a kiss at the side of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.
 
“Good morning” I smiled. “I’m making pancakes”
 
“I can see” he whispered, blowing air against my neck.
 
“You’re in a good mood” I observed. “I take it it’s really because of me?”
 
He chuckled. “Conceited little girl”
 
 
 
“I’m thinking” I opened as we were eating breakfast. “I think we should have a term of endearment”
 
“No freaking way”
 
“I think it’ll be really cute and sweet to have one” I said. “Hmm”
 
“I’m not going to-.”
 
“Pancake!” I exclaimed with round eyes. “We’ll call each other pancake”
 
He dropped his fork and gave me a blank look. He suddenly pushed the plate of pancakes away from him. “I lost my appetite”
 
“I’ll be your sweet pancake and you’ll be my. . . . ah, tasty pancake” I added to piss him off.
 
A string of curses escaped his lips. “Don’t you fu-!”
 
“No swearing!” I protested.
 
“Don’t you dare call me. . . that. . . . like that in public or in private!”
 
“What’s wrong with pancake? Don’t you like it?”
 
“AISH!” he burst out. “Crap, it’s disgusting! It’s giving me goosebumps”
 
“Pancake!”
 
“SANDARA PARK!”
 
 
 
 
He was in his all-black get up while I saw in my bright pink outfit as we went to school. We’re an unlikely couple, that’s true. And it’s so obvious that the others think quite the same too. I felt their stares and I could just hear what’s going on in their minds right now. I could even feel hostility radiating from them. But I held my chin up proudly and held on tight to Jiyong’s hand.
 
“Looks like I’m sharing the spotlight with you now” he chuckled.
 
“That’s okay” I shrugged. “I dreamt of being a star once, when I was a child. This is a dream come true, then”
 
o=o=o
 
“So you two are. . . .?” Sulli asked. I nodded shyly, with a smile fized on my face.
 
“But what about Jae?”
 
I sighed. “We already talked” I said. “He seemed fine, though”
 
“Maybe he was just trying to put up a brave face in front of you”
 
“Yeah, maybe” I sighed again. “The girls will have a roll if they hear about his”
 
“Don’t mind them” Sulli waved off. “You still owe me a story, though. I want a full blown detail on how you two got together”
 
“Okay, I will” I laughed.
 
“Hey ” Victoria’s familiar voice came. “How could you do that?” she asked.
 
“Yeah, how could you laugh like that when all this time, Jae’s been ed up?” Luna seconded.
 
“Drinking his head off in a bar, almost got into an accident, crying all night” Krystal joined in.
 
“I think you should just leave Dara alone” Sulli piped in.
 
All the girls’ eyes Sulli.
 
“What did you say again, Sulli?” Victoria asked menacingly.
 
“I. . .” Sulli trembled.
 
“What’s your problem?” I finally spoke up. “What did I do to all of you to make you all like this? To make all of you hate me like this?”
 
“It’s be-.”
 
“Is there a problem here?” Jiyong’s voice came.
 
“Jiyong!” I breathed in relief and went to him. He gave me alight kiss on the cheek then wrapped one arm on my waist.
 
“You’re not serious with her, are you?” Victoria asked.
 
“Why don’t the three of you just mind your own ing business?” Jiyong casually said.
 
They all looked offended. With as much poise they could muster, they stalked off.
 
“I thought Bom’s my only rival” I sighed.
 
“What are you talking about?” Jiyong asked.
 
“I think they’re being like that because of you” I said. “Tch, I can’t understand what Bom and the girls saw in you”
 
He laughed lightly.
 
“Honestly” I continued, still imitating him. “You’re not that good looking. You’re not even that cute and you look kind of thin. And of course, you’re really rude and meand and sarcastic ands tuff”
 
“Maybe I’m just. . . ah, charismatic and charming”
 
“Ahm, I’ll just go ahead of you guys” Sulli quietly said.
 
“Oh, Sulli. I’m sorry, I-.”
 
“It’s okay. You’re just. . . .” she smiled. “In love”
 
The school bell rang.
 
“See you later” Jiyong waved off.
 
“Okay”
 
“He isn’t into PDA, is he?” Sulli asked.
 
“Err no” I laughed gently. “But he’ll get by”