The Assumption

The Shadows

~AUTHOR’S POV~

SILENCE.

“O-kay” she slowly said, her lips rounding on each syllable. If he was expecting to scare her off, he was sorely disappointed with her next words. “I knew it! I knew it!”

“You knew?” he breathlessly asked.

“You’re a fallen angel, aren’t you?” she said, her eyes knowingly looked at me. He spit his drink out and coughed out loud.

“A what?!” he burst out. Before he can stop himself, he laughed out loud.  He looked at her closely then. Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes were droopy. “You’re fcukingly drunk. You should go home”

“Yes, I should” she nodded. “Are you going to walk me home?”

“No” he simply answered.

“You’re really rude” she mumbled and staggered upwards. But her knees wobbled, making her jerkier. She fell sideways, in his lap. The boy cursed loudly again as he pushed the girl off him. Dara rolled to the ground, .

“Get up!” he growled.

“Why? I want to sleep” she mumbled.

“Go sleep in your house, not in front of my porch!”

“My house?” she asked loudly. “Where’s my house?”

Jiyong got on his feet and pulled the girl up. With nothing but disgust on his face, he put her arm on his shoulders and walked her to her house. The girl leaned on her door and turned the knob. He was about to leave when Dara stop her.

“It’s locked!” she whined.

“Then get your key” he impatiently said.

“I can’t remember where I put it”

“Jesus!” he breathed. “That’s not my problem anymore”

He started walking away.

“Can I sleep in your house?” she called, making him stop in his tracks. He turned around, blood boiling dangerously in his veins.

“No!”

“But where am I going to sleep?” she asked in a child-like voice.

Jiyong closed her eyes in frustration. How he wanted to strangle the life out of the girl! When he opened his eyes, he saw her lying on the doorstep, curled in a ball. He doesn’t know if the sight of her irritated him more or amused him. But he doesn’t really care. He went back to his house, ran up straight to his room and took a shower. After putting clean clothes on, he turned off the lights and went to sleep.

It was around midnight, around 12:15 when he woke up again. He stared at the ceiling for a while before flicking the lights open. He went downstairs then outside. He checked on the neighbor and saw that the girl was fast asleep on the doorstep. He cursed himself over and over again before jumping over the fence. He walked towards the house and scooped the girl up, cursing himself again. ‘Why the fcuking hell am I doing this?’ he asked himself angrily.

He walked back to his own place and paused for a while, thinking where he should put the girl. He could just send her back to her room. But why would he waste energy for this girl? He sighed and decided to just bring her in his room since he doesn’t really step into the two other rooms.

He LITERALLY threw the girl to his bed as carelessly as he can that the girl rolled over the bed and dropped to the floor. He let out a growl of frustration as he hauled her up and put her on the bed.

o=o=o

~DARA’S POV~

My head’s pounding! Is this what they call hangover? I guess this would be. I moaned loudly.

“Finally!” a sarcastic voice said. I forced my eyes open and blinked the headache away. But it won’t go.

“My head hurts” I moaned pathetically.

“Here, drink this” Kwon Jiyong tightly said. I accepted the table he gave me and the  glass of water.

“I didn’t know you’re sweet” I said.

“I’m  not being sweet” he gritted.

“This isn’t err, you know? The one you sell?”

His face reddened as his eyes flashed.

“Just kidding!” I said and swallowed the tablet down at once.

“I want you sober so you can leave my house already”

“I’m in your house?” I asked in wonder.

“Obviously” he gritted again.

“Ugh! I can’t remember anything. What happened?” I asked and looked at him again. He looked irritated and relieved at the same time. Why is that?

“Get up and get your out of my bed” he said instead.

“Can I stay for a moment? My head really-“

“No!” he growled and pulled my arm up. He started dragging me out of his room and downstairs. I winced at how tight his hold on my arm was. It felt like he was pulling my arm off my body.

“Why are you being rude again?!” I angrily asked.

“I want you out of my house. I don’t want you to set foot on here again. And stop bothering me. Got that?”

He pushed me out of his house roughly that I almost fell to the ground. I glared at him but he was glaring back at me, more dangerously actually.

“And oh, thanks for puking all over my place!” he sarcastically bit out and banged the door close violently that the door frame shook with it, making me jump.

My mouth soundlessly closed and opened. I don’t know if I should get back at him or if I should just walk away. I don’t even know if I’m just offended, simply irritated or angry.

After staring darkly at the closed door, it suddenly opened and my shoes flew out of it. I stuck my tongue out as the door closed again. I picked up my shoes and stormily went to my house. I took the key that I hid under the pot and opened the door. I quickly went to my room and dropped myself to the bed. I’m grateful it’s Saturday today. No classes.

The thoughts running around my mind were getting darker. My phone suddenly beeped. I reached for it and groaned out loud as I saw a number of missed calls and messages – all from Jae.

Jae: r u sleeping? Oh, u won’t answer if u r. txt me wen u read this.
Jae: iv been waiting for a msg from u
Jae: r u mad I wasn’t able to call at once? I’m really sorry. I was busy
Jae: I’m really sorry! :(
Jae: pls forgive me
Jae: I miss ur voice
Jae: I miss u. pls forgive me
Jae: I really am sorry
Jae: I’m going crazy here!

Those were just some of his messages. I smiled then started typing a message when the screen suddenly started blinking. I quickly accepted the call.

“Hello?”

“Dara? Dara! I’m so sorry! I really tried to call you at once but-“

“Jae”

“- please forgive me –“

“JAE!” I raised my voice. “It’s okay”

He was silent for a while. “Really?”

“yes”

“But you didn’t answer my call. And you never replied to any of my messages. Are you okay? Did something happened?”

“I’m okay. I was just. . . “ I stopped. Should I tell him? But why wouldn’t I? I took a deep breath. “I just hang out with some friends since the girls were kind of busy. I left my phone in the house, so I wasn’t able to answer any of your call and messages”

He let out a relieved chuckle. “I’m happy to hear that. So what did you do last night”

“Just hang out and talked and talked”

“Oh, okay” he chuckled again.

“How about you? How are you?”

“Cold” he laughed.

“Have you spotted any girl of your taste?” I teased.

“What kind of a question is that?” he sternly asked. “How can I look at others when you already owned my eyes?”

“Jae. . .”

“I missed you already” he whispered.

And my heart went wild.

“I. . . I missed you, too” I stammered. “Badly”

Silence followed what I said.

“Thank you” he quietly said. “And Dara?”

“Yes?”

“Please don’t break my heart”

Oh dear! Shouldn’t I be asking that question?

o=o=o

I was waiting for Kwon Jiyong in his porch. My car won’t start again. I rang for him hours ago but no answer.

I stood up as I saw. Again, he was in his black hoodie and getup, head bowed down. He was about to turn when he looked up. I waved enthusiastically at him but he just glared at me in response. His lips twitched, annoyed. He stepped back, turned around and started walking away again.

“Wait!” I called but he didn’t stop. I ran after him. I slowed to walk when I reached him. “My car won’t start again”

“So?”

“Can you help me?”

He suddenly stopped and faced me. “You really LOVE bothering me, don’t you? Why don’t you just call a mechanic?”

“That’ll just cost me”

“Do you know who I am? Do you even know what I’m capable of?”

“Of course!” I grinned. “You’re Kwon Jiyong and you know how to fix cars”

He looked like he was going to hit me, shake me or even snap me in two. Err, did I go too far? He suddenly turned around and headed back towards the house. He was cursing under his breath over and over again. I grinned and bounced up after him.

~JIYONG’S POV~

She started talking again. I wish I had a needle and thread with me so I can sew close. She’s talking about my peculiar fashion sense now.

“You should try brown and blue. They’ll look good on you. Oh, you should try gray, pink and yellow, too. I suggest you also cut your hair because BOYS aren’t supposed to have long hair unless you’re gay. And what’s with the earrings and black nail polish? Duh?! You should. . .”

I’m checking out her car now. She’s standing beside me, still talking.

“. . . rock music. I can’t even call that music, it’s all noise. You should try listening to gentler ones maybe you wouldn’t be that rude anymore. Oh, did you know that constant use of headphones and earphones can damage your ears? So, I . . .”

I put my earphones on and turned the volume in full blast. I can’t understand why she started acting like this all of the sudden. For years, we never talked to each other after that one time when she asked me my name. Though, there were times that I caught her looking at me, maybe a LOT of times. What made she think that she can just talk to whenever she wants, ask favors and even bother me? We’re not even friends and never will be.

And then, I remembered what happened last year. I offered help to fix her car. Maybe she took that as a sign of friendship? I shouldn’t have helped her then.

After fixing her car, I straightened up and stretched a little. I turned my iPod off and realized she was still talking.

“ . . . but I didn’t have enough money at that time I sulked up all day in my room, crying my eyes out. Looking back, I can’t believe I’ve been so-“

“Don’t you know how to shut up?!”

She gave a start. She blinked then looked at me. “I’m just trying to be friendly. And besides my friends aren’t really interested in those kind of stuff, so-“

“And what made you think I’m interested?”

“You’re really rude”

“Oh yes I am” I snorted. “Now stop talking and listen carefully”

I started telling her the basics of engines and taught her how to deal with certain simple problems she’ll encounter.

“So, got everything?” I asked after HOURS of explaining.

“Yes” she said. There was something in her voice that made me loom up. My nose flared as I saw her smiling brightly at me.

“Can you fix it on your own now?”

“Yes” she nodded. “Thank you for-“

“Don’t thank me. I just told you what you needed to know so you won’t bother me anymore. Now that you know what to do, you can fix your car by yourself”

I turned around and started to leave, feeling satisfied. It’s a relief knowing she won’t bother me again.

“I don’t have a sharp memory” she loudly said. “I probably won’t remember anything you said by tomorrow, so I’ll still ask you to fix my car if ever it won’t start again”

I stopped in my tracks. Is she really trying to piss me off? Hell, I want to strangle her!

-----------------------------------------------------------

*a/n: lol.. ok, just to clear things again.. this is not a vampire fic but aside from romance, there's also a different genre in here that i haven't tried yet..

banner by nhichole18