The Guilt

The Shadows
o=o=o
 
A week past by in a blur.
 
Dara can’t believe it’s been a week since she and Jiyong became a couple. Their first week as a couple was quite eventful. They bickered over simple things; argued about petty stuffs and the likes. Also, she saw the two sides of being Kwon Jiyong’a girlfriend. Sure, he can be really caring, charming, cute and sweet to her at times but he can be really naughty, too as he bluntly showered her how much he enjoys squeezing her bottom. Yes, he can be sweet. That fact totally blew her away. On the other side, he can be really reserved and uncaring in public. He doesn’t show that much affection to her when there are people around, except maybe the holding hands part. He sometimes treats her just like how he used to her.
 
“We’re going to the lake tomorrow with the others” he informed her.
 
“Oh, okay” she nodded. “Are we going to swim?”
 
“On no” he said. “We’re going to walk above the water”
 
“Ha ha” she mocked. “Wait, can you really walk in water?”
 
“I’m not telling” he said.
 
“Why not?” she demanded.
 
“Because I don’t want to”
 
She pouted. “Aish!” she gritted. “Are we going to the lake because we’re celebrating our one week of-?”
 
“No” he cut off. “It’s Seungri’s birthday”
 
“What?!?” she burst out. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I should have bought him a gift!”
 
“Don’t bother” he waved off.
 
“Why not?”
 
“Because I said so” he said.
 
“I’m going to buy him something. A cap or shirt or something” she said.
 
“You really are stubborn, aren’t you?” he smoothly said, pulling her in her arms for a hug.
 
That’s another shocking thing she discovered about him. He’s a very cuddly person. He’s more into the cuddling, hugging, teasing, tickling and stuff while she was more into the kissing part. And to prove her point, she tiptoed and kissed him.
 
o=o=o
 
“Take your shirt off” she ordered. “Come on now, don’t be shy”
 
“I’ll swim with my shrit on2 he said.
 
“Don’t be such a kid. Just take your shirt off” she said. “You’ll look stupid with that shirt on. Come on now, you don’t have to be shy. Even if Youngbae and Seungri got nice abs and body, I still prefer yours”
 
His eyes narrowed. “Oh, so you’re peeking on other people’s abs?”
 
“Are you jealous?” she laughed. “Oh my! You are jealous!”
 
“No, I’m not!”
 
“Yes, you are!” she laughed then started dancing a weird step while chanting, “Kwon Jiyong is jealous, Kwon Jiyong is jealous, Kwon Jiyong is jealous, Kwon Jiyong is jealous”
 
“What the hell are you doing?”
 
“You don’t know this step? It’s called the washing machine dance”
 
“Washing machine what?!”
 
“Kwon Jiyong is jealous, Kwon Jiyong is jealous” she continued, then wiggled her . Jiyong, who took notice of the action, smirked and reached out to squeeze her bottom. Dara squeaked as she felt his hand cupping her bottom.
 
“Don’t tempt me” he whispered in her ear, picked her up then threw her over his shoulder. “Let’s go for a swim”
 
 
 
“I’ve never seen him that happy” Bom said as she watched Jiyong and DAra paly in the lake, hugging cuddling, flirting and giggling.
 
“He was happy with you, yoo” Youngbae quietly said.
 
“But never THAT happy”
 
“Bom, you-“
 
“I’m over it already” she said. “I just can’t believe I’m seeing him like this”
 
“Maybe there are some things that are just not meant to happen” Youngbae quietly said. “The man who’ll sweep you off your feet will eventually come. I guess you just have to be a bit patient” he added with a chuckle. He was starting to get the fact that Bom will never reciprocate his feelings.
 
“Hey, where’d Jiyong and Dara go?” Seungri joined them.
 
“Underwater” Youngbae said. “Exploring the wonders of nature”
 
“More like exploring the wonders of each other” Bom snorted.
 
“And why is the grumpy, old maid not here?”
 
“She didn’t want to come” Bom said. “She said it’s just a waste of time”
 
“That girl’s getting on my nerves” Seungri rolled his eyes.
 
“Who’s getting into who’s nerves?”
 
“Old maid, you came!”
 
“I came here to piss you off” CL grimaced.
 
“I thought we’re not on speaking terms?”
 
“True” she said. “I’ll piss you off with my presence”
 
“Actually, you just made my day” Seungri laughed.
 
Silence filled them like a poisoned grip. All eyes were on Seungri who stayed oblivious to the stares of his friends as his attention was caught by the couple who just emerged from the water.
 
“How the hell did that happen?” he exclaimed. “Look! Dara and Jiyong just emerged from the water. How did they stay that long under?”
 
“You really are a stupid, !” CL snapped. “Why do you keep on meddling with other people’s business?”
 
“I’m not meddling” he returned. “And they’re not OTHER people. They’re my friends!”
 
“Youngbae” Bom said, standing up. “Help me with the foods. I think it’s not right to MEDDLE in a lover’s quarrel”
 
“WE’RE NOT LOVERS!” Seungri and CL chorused.
 
“Yeah, very believable guys” Bom scoffed and walked away with Youngbae beside her.
 
“Why are you so childish?” CL asked.
 
“I’m not childish!” Seungri defended himself. “I’m just trying to mend my broken heart”
 
“Broke heart?”
 
“But who knows, Jiyong might leave her one day” he said. “And I’l.
 
“I’m not childish!” Seungri defended himself. “I’m just trying to mend my broken heart”
 
“Broke heart?”
 
“But who knows, Jiyong might leave her one day” he said. “And I’ll be right at the corner for that”
 
“You’re just wasting your time” she said. “Can’t you see how she’s so into Jiyong? She won’t take a glance at you”
 
“You notice everything, don’t you? But you don’t see what’s right in front of you already” he shook his head. “And mind you, I can get girls easily” he added with confidence.
 
“Oh really?”
 
“So now you’re being arrogant because you’re the very first girl who rejected me?”
 
“I won’t be the last”
 
“Right” he smiled tightly. “You won’t be the last girl I’ll give a space in my heart” he said then walked away, leaving CL dumbstrucked.
 
It too her how many minutes to recover. When she did recover, Seungri was surrounded by girls he invited over. She sighed and looked far ahead.
 
“Why am I making this complicated as it is?” she asked herself. She glanced at Seungri again. “You’ll be the last. . . .”
 
“Hey, CL!” Dara called her. “The water’s great! Join us”
 
“I’ll dip in a few!” she called back.
 
o=o=o
 
“Let’s stay over my place starting tomorrow and for the whole week”
 
“Fine with me” he shrugged.
 
“Help me clean it” she grinned.
 
“Clean it yourself. It’s YOUR house in the first place, not mine”
 
“But I clean your place too!” she exclaimed.
 
“I didn’t ask you to, did I?”
 
“Aish! Why are you like that? I-.”
 
“Hi, Dara
 
Dara stopped in her tracks. “Oh, hi Jae”
 
“How are you?” he asked.
 
“I’m. . . okay” she answered guiltily. She forgot all about him already. She forgot that while she’s having the time of her life, someone was hurting and she can see it with the way he looked. He was. . . untidy. He looked thinner than the last time she saw him. His eyes looked puffy and dark and he looked like someone who doesn’t know the word ‘shave’.
 
What happened, anyways? She used to adore him so much and now, nothing. And then, she finally realized what really happened. Jaejoong was a “Dara easily falls in love and easily falls out of love” case. That’s what happened. Yes, she still loves him and cares about him but not in a romantic way, anymore.
 
“I’m happy to hear that” he smiled.
 
“Jae. . .” she whispered. “What happened to you?”
 
“I just got all ed up” he laughed.
 
“You’re swearing” she noticed. She never heard him swear before.
 
“Sorry” he mumbled. “I forgot you don’t like it when someone swears. . . . but you’re with the person who never fails to swear”
 
I felt Jiyong stiffened beside me. I panicked a little, so I ramble on. “You don’t have to say sorry” she said. “I should be the one doing-.”
 
“Don’t” Jiyong finally butted in. “Don’t apologize to him.” He then turned to Jaejoong. “Don’t even try going for the guilt trip, Kim Jaejoong”
 
“Why?” Jaejoong asked. “Scared that she’ll leave you and come back to me?”
 
“Jae!” Dara gasped.
 
“Did I sound too bitter?” the guy laughed. “Sorry, I can’t help it. I just don’t know what I did wrong I didn’t do to make you leave me”
 
“Jae, please don’t be like this”
 
“Sorry” he mumbled again, unable to control the trembling of his voice and the stinging of his eyes. “I just love you so much, Dara”
 
“I love you too, Jae” Dara whispered. “But it’s not. . . .”
 
“Does this guy even love you?”
 
“Oh, go on talk about me like I’m not here” Jiyong spoke up.
 
“I love him, Jae” Dara said as if that settles everything. “I love Jiyong”
 
“I know you do2 he quietly answered. “You won’t leave me if that’s not the case. But it’s not what I’m asking for”
 
Dara froze as she waited for Jiyong to answer the question for her. She wasn’t expecting him to say anything but she was hoping for it.
 
“What do you want to prove?” Jiyong asked. “If I say I don’t believe in the bull of love, will that make her return to you?”
 
“Maybe” the other stiffly said.
 
Jiyong turned to Dara. “Would you still want to be with me even if I say I think love is bull?”
 
“Of course” Dara answered.
 
“What else do you want to hear?” Jiyong asked, facing Jaejoong again.
 
o=o=o
 
“I’m a bad person” she cried.
 
“If you feel so bad for Jaejoong, why don’t you just get back with him?” Jiyong snapped.
 
“Ya!” Dara burst out but Jiyong just growled and stood up. Without a word, he stalked off. “Jiyong! Kwon Jiyong!” she called. “Aish! What’s wrong with him?”
 
“He’s jealous” Sulli said.
 
“Jealous? Him? Why should he be jealous? I already chose him!” Dara reasoned out. “And he thinks love is a bull! Shouldn’t I be the one being-?”
 
“I think even if he doesn’t say it, he loves you” Sulli said. “He’s just jealous”
 
 
~DARA’S POV~
 
I’ve been trying to contact my boyfriend for the whole day, but he wasn’t answering. I haven’t seen him in school after he walked out on me.
 
Aish! What’s the matter with him?
 
I drove down to the cemetery. I’m pretty sure he’s in the arena. I went to the short cut. I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’m a girl, I’m not supposed to woo my boyfriend. It’s his role, not mine. Oh well, I guess I just love him this much.
 
I got giddy at the thought of him being jealous, of course. It’s just not so him. Well, there are a lot of things about him that are not so him, though I knew he’s not a bad person like what all the rumors say. I never thought he can be really sweet, caring and cute. I never thought he could actually be a ert, too.
 
I went straight to Bom’s place as soon as I reached the arena. Well, the arena is a big place. There’s the ring where Jiyong usually fights, there’s the club I went to one time, Bom lives in a part of the arena, too and the likes. And just as I thought, I saw Jiyong hanging out with the others.
 
“Jiyong, let’s talk” I said. When he didn’t move, I grabbed his am and pulled him with me in one corner. He leaned against the wall, arms across his chest.
 
“What are you doing here?” he asked. “Shouldn’t you be with Jaejoong?”
 
Aigoo. He really is jealous! “Ya!” I came aggressively. “I just felt bad for him but it didn’t mean that I wanted to be with him. I already chose you, Jiyong. And how-?”
 
“Well, you could always change your mind, right?”
 
I closed my eyes for a moment, trying to be patient. And then, I opened them again. “How many times do I have to tell you that I love you?”
 
“You love Jaejoong, too” he said.
 
“Yes, I did and I do, as a friend”
 
“Well, you’re not just a friend to him, are you?”
 
I sighed impatiently. When did he become this difficult? I grabbed the sides of his jacket and leaned my forehead on his chest. I stayed like that for a moment. Gladly, he just let me. After a while, I wrapped my arms around him. I looked up.
 
“You’re so cute when you’re jealous”
 
“I’m not jealous” he growled, removing my arms off him but I held on tightly.
 
“I felt bad seeing Jae in pain not because I still feel the same way about him like I used to. I felt guilty because I cheated on him when all he ever did was love me, look out for me, take care of me. He was honest to me while I. . . . he didn’t desrve that from me. And I’m sorry if I was being insensitive to your feelings, too” I said. He smirked then looked away. “Pancake, please don’t be angry anymore”
 
“Don’t call me that!” he snapped.
 
“Are you still angry?” I asked. When he just looked away again, I tiptoed and kissed the corner of his lips. “I’m sorry already”
 
I removed my arms off his waist and wrapped them around his neck instead. I tiptoed again and gave him tiny kisses on the mouth. I didn’t stop until he finally sighed and hugged me back. He looked at me first before closing the distance between our faces.