The Dance

The Shadows

Gah!!!!

It’s the end of the world!!!

My gentle, sweet Sulli has become a woman, officially! I cannot accept this! Oh no! This cannot be! My Sulli with Kwon Jiyong? No way! Huh! If that rude person thinks he can get Sulli to bed too, he’s wrong! I’ll protect Sulli’s dignity no matter what! I’ll kepp her by my side all the time! I threw Kwon Jiyong a dirty look. He must have felt it because he glanced at me, smirking.

Oh, smirk all you want! I’ll get you later!

o=o=o

“Ya!” I yelled. He just rolled his eyes in response. “you can’t go to the dance with Sulli!”

“Why not?” he asked, dropping himself on the bed.

“Because she’s not your type!”

“She’s not my type or you simply don’t trust me? He asked, brows raised. “or better yet, you think she doesn’t deserve to have a date with someone like me?”

“It’s . . . it’s not like that” I stammered. “It’s just that, this would be Sulli’s first date and knowing how rude you are, I’m a bit worried that-“

“In case you didn’t notice, I’m only extra rude to you”

I glared at him. “And why is that?”

“Because you annoy me?”

I fumed then pouted. “We’re supposed to be friends” I said then threw the suit that I loaned beside him. With head bowed and shoulders slumped, I turned to leave.

“!” I heard him swear. “Will you stop doing that?”

I stopped, a smile curving my lips. I took a deep breath and put my face into a pouting, sad one before facing him again. “What did I do? I was just leaving. You said I annoy you so-“

“Snap out of it” he waved off. He stood up from the bed and walked towards me. I quickly looked down. He caught my chin in between his thumb and forefinger. My eyes widened as he started lifting my face up. But I was quick enough to stop the further widening of my eyes. “In case you forgot, YOUR boyfriend suggested that I ask Sulli out so it’s really improper if you go on ranting in front of me”

“I-“

“Want some pancakes?” he smirked.

o=o=o

~AUTHOR’S POV~

FOUNDATION DANCE

“Hey, you look tensed” Jaejoong noticed.

“have you seen Sulli?” she distractedly asked.

“No, I haven’t seen her yet”

“Oh” she mumbled absentmindedly. “What’s taking them so long?”

It was still early. A few students were still coming in. a stage with a male DJ at the left side was set at the fat end center of the venue. Standing tables with black and white tablecloths were set – their school color were set at either side. There were circulating servers with either a tray of drinks or delicacies. At the opposite end right in front of the stage was the entrance while at the middle, was of course the dancefloor.

There was a speech and presentation of the school’s history together with its improvements and achievements. When the school’s VIPs shouted the trademark cheer of their school. The dance has been then formally opened.

“Let’s dance” Jaejoong whispered in Dara’s ear, wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Let’s wait for the others” she said, eyes on the entrance.

“Dara, Krystal and Luna are already dancing; Victoria’s probably somewhere private”

“Sulli’s not here yet”

Jaejoong pulled back a little and looked at his girlfriend. He grabbed a glass of wine from a passing server. He took a one sip then decided to just take it all down.

“Oh my God!” Dara gasped, making him look up.

Sandara just couldn’t believe what she’s seeing. She knew Sulli was beautiful but it was more enhanced with the light make up she had on, a nice do and a peach long dress with beads at the bottom left trailing up to the mid-thigh. But what surprised her more was Kwon Jiyong. He was in his all-black suit that she loaned. She expected the suit would emphasized his strong aura of mystery but she never thought that it’ll be so strong that even she was awed. The surprising thing among everything was his SHORT HAIR. His hair wasn’t just cut, it was styled up, gelled up and because of it, she can now clearly see every feature of his face.

“Hi!” Sulli smiled at them. Jaejoong greeted her back and complimented her look while Dara was still dumbfounded with Kwon Jiyong’s appearance. The guy, on the other hand, exchanged a greeting with her boyfriend before turning his gaze on her. asAthey made eye contact, he smirked and looked away, pulling Sulli with him to the dancefloor.

“Was that. . . was that really Kwon Jiyong?”

Not long after that, the other students started noticing Sulli and Jiyong and the two of them seen together and their looks ignited whispers and talks.

“Sulli and Mr. Mysterious look good together” Luna came in.

“Yeah” Jaejoong answered. He looked down and found out that her eyes were still on the dancing couple. “Want to dance?” he asked.

The girl nodded in response, eyes never leaving her two friends. Jaejoong then pulled her with him. He heaved a big sigh at how his girlfriend seemed distracted. But Dara heard him sigh. She looked up at him, frowning a little. He managed to give her a little smile. Sandara’s face then lit up with understanding.

“I’m sorry for being distracted” she whispered. “I was just surprised and I’m a bit worried for Sulli, not because I think Kown Jiyong will do something to her but I know for a fact that he’s rude and. . .” she trailed as she realized she’s been ranting about a different guy when she’s with her boyfriend. She’s been too preoccupied with other people that she momentarily forgot about the person on front of her who’s been so patient and understanding. Eaten by guilt, she bit her lower lip down as her eyes started to get wet. But the tears didn’t fall. Instead, she smiled at him shyly and tiptoed, reaching for his lips for a quick kiss.

Jaejoong gave a genuine smile but it quickly disappeared as he noticed something. Dara was smiling brightly at him but her eyes were fixed, she was frozen. He looked around only to find that EVERYONE and EVERYTHING else were frozen, except for him and Kwon Jiyong. Both of them blinked, eyes automatically turning black.

“A mass freeze, huh?” Jiyong snorted. “Any idea how to undo this? I can only undo what I did”

“I can only undo one person at a time” Jaejoong answered. “I can’t undo everyone and everything all at once”

“Let me see it then” Jiyong challenged.

Jaejoong glanced at him, raising his brows. “What do you think will happen if I do just one person? How will you explain to that person what’s going on here?”

Jiyong snorted. “Didn’t think about that. But what are we going to do now?”

“You go look around, I’ll stay with Dara”

“Is that supposed to be a joke?” Jiyong laughed, walking around people, watching their frozen state. “The person behind this must be really strong”

“This phenomenon wasn’t taught to us” Jaejoong murmured, sounding very upset and disappointed. He gave Dara a worried look. He wanted to take her out of her but he can’t just leave the other alone, too.

“Shouldn’t you take your gilfriend away from here?” Jiyong asked, as if reading his mind.

“I can’t just leave my friends and my cousin’s here, too”

“We both know Dara’s the real target here”

Jiyong balled his fists. He wanted to scream, shout and curse at whoever that person is but he can’t, he mustn’t. he was taught to always remain calm, to study the situation, to think of the consequence of every action he’s going to take. Looking at the situation right now, he can’t really do anything except get Dara out of here but his pride refuses to let him do that, especially it was Kwon Jiyong who suggested it. He can’t let a different person decided what’s right for Dara. It should be HIM. Plus, he can’t be selfish. There’s no assurance that everyone and everything will go back to normal if he leaves – taking Dara away with him.

He looked around, trying to find something amiss, trying to sense the source of the force but he saw and sensed NOTHING. This unnerved him.

“!” Jiyong suddenly cursed, making him turned to the other alertly. “I’m getting pissed with this already!”

Jaejoong sighed when he found out it was not important. A black feather suddenly dropped on the floor. Jaejoong and Jiyong looked at it and at each other at the same time. Jaejoong immediately went to Dara and wrapped his arms around her the same time the lights went off. He tried to pull himself out of the place but a force was stopping him – they were trapped. A high-pitched laughter then followed. Momentarily distracted, he didn’t notice Jiyong was standing back to back with Dara, tensed.

“Cover her eyes” Jiyong hissed at Jaejoong as he started hearing flapping wings and whooshing sounds. Not long after that, something sharp hit his side. “!” he hissed uinder his breath. He felt Jaejoong trying to shun off the attackers, he tried too but to no avail. It’s as if the both of they were stripped off their powers. The only choice left was manual protection – they have to use their bodies to shield Dara from the attacking birds. And so, they did.

Jiyong’s jaw clenched as thousand of beaks and talons pierced his skin – every part of his body. It went on and on but he tried to stay upright. After minutes of the attacks, the birds suddenly disappeared. And then he started feeling a thousand things crawling up in his body – spiders. There’s no way he and Jaejoong can protect Dara now.

“Get her out of here!” he gritted.

“I can’t!” Jaejoong hissed. “I’ve been trying to send her body back to her house but I CAN’T!”

Jiyong heard the desperation in the other guy’s voice. He pried of the crawling spiders off his face but there were two or three spiders that succeeded in entering his ears and nose. He heard hissing sounds, it’s as if the person behind this wasn’t yet satisfied with spiders and birds. Even through the darkness, he can tell there were snakes all over the place. He hissed under his breath as he felt something bit him in his left leg but he remained standing, never daring to leave Dara’s back unguarded eventhough he knew it was useless. He even turned around to face Dara’s back and started taking off the snakes that was starting to encircle her. He doesn’t care if the other guy’s hating on him now for touching his girlfriend. He was too busy with his task that he ignored the snakes that fell from above him, landing straight in his head and outstretched arms. And then, there were snakes circling his legs, his thighs, his hips, his body, his arms, his neck – all over his body, squeezing him, biting him.

He started choking for air, but then, a hundred spiders took the opportunity to enter his mouth until his airway was totally blocked. He tried to stay upright but the lack of oxygen mixed with the snakes venom didn’t let him. He staggered sidewards and fell to the ground with a muffled thud.

He looked up, trying to see through the darkness and his blurring vision. He sensed Jaejoong was still up. With that, he blinked, his eyes going back to normal and then, he stopped breathing.

“. . . that day. My brother got so sick that I have to. . .”

Jiyong blinked and disoriented. The place was dimly lit while a soft, mellow music was playing on the background. When he finally gathered his senses, he sharply looked around. Everything and everyone was fine, laughing, talking and dancing – it’s as if nothing happened. His eyes then landed on Dara. He then noticed that the other guy was extra pale.

“You look so pale. Are you alright?” he heard Dara asked worriedly.

“I’m not feeling so well” Jaejoong said in a hushed voice.

“Do you want to go home?” Dara asked.

“Hey” Sulli’s voice entered his ears. He looked down at her. “You look kind of pale. Are you sick or something?” she asked.

That’s when he realized he was feeling off himself. – weak and dizzy. He took a step back as he felt like he was going to faint anytime soon.

“I’m not feeling so well” he said. “I need to go, sorry” he finished. And stalked off.

Meanwhile, Dara put Jaejoong’s arm on her shoulders to assist him out of the place. She was so worried that she wasn’t able to say goodbye to her friends or even hear them calling out out for her.

“What happened?” Luna asked. “Where are they going?”

“No idea” Sulli answered.

“Luna dear, I think it’s pretty obvious where they’re going” Victoria chuckled.

“You and your dirty mind” Luna shook her head then turned to Sulli. “Where’s Jiyong?”

“He left” Sulli said, frowning a little. “he said he’s not feeling well. He was alright but then he got all pale. Where’s Krystal by the way?“

“No idea”

Meanwhile, a soft knock on the door sounded.

“I’ll get it” a female voice said. She walked to the door and opened it, only to be surprise at the look of the person in front of her.

“Bom” Jiyong croaked and fell to his knees on the floor.

“Jiyong! What happened to you?” Bom asked worriedly. He was so pale but aside from that, she can’t see anything wrong with him. His suit was fine, his hair was fine – which she noticed was cut short and gelled up. She grabbed his arms, trying to pull him up making Jiyong flinched and hissed under his breath.

“Need Seung.. ri…. And bae” he whispered”

“Okay” Bom nodded and immediately went to call Seungri and Youngbae. Bom then went back to Jiyong after a while and told him that they were coming. She then started ing his shirt and gasped out loud at the sight of his body. He was covered with wounds, bites, blisters, tears and every physical injury there could ever be. Her hand flew to as she started to tear up.

“Yo, Jiyong! Bom said you – what the?!?! What happened to you?!” Seungri burst out and went down on his knees beside Jiyong. Jiyong, on the other hand, lifted his hand weakly and grabbed Seungri’s front shirt, pulling the latter down on him closer.

“Help. . . her”

“Help who?”

But Jiyong wasn’t able to answer as he was now too busy getting air into his lungs.

“He’s referring to Sandara Park” Bom gritted, exchanging a look with Youngbae.

On the other side, Sandara was driving Jaejoong’s car, glancing every now and then at her boyfriend. He was breathing really hard, eyes closed and he was sweating profusely. She was now on her way to the hospital. The car suddenly stopped. She tried to bring the engine back to life but it won’t. she glanced at Jaejoong again and saw that his head was on the headboard.

“Jae” she shook him but he wasn’t responding. She tried to hear him breathing and almost cried as she heard that he was BARELY breathing anymore. She stepped off the car and looked here and there for help but she saw nothing. She was crying hard now. She suddenly heard a screech from behind her, making her turn around swiftly. Her eyes widened as she saw a fast approaching crow towards her direction. But it’s not the crow that made her afraid, it was the eyes – bloody red.

It was getting nearer now. She instinctively lifted her arms to cover her face, an attempt of protecting herself as an earsplitting scream escaped from .