The Pendant

The Shadows
o=o=o
 
“Mmm. Where are you going?” he asked, cuddling closer to me.
 
“I’m going to make pancakes” I answered.
 
“It’s still early” he huskily said.
 
“I don’t want to be late for school” I said. I removed his arm off me and took the robe at the side. After putting it on, I went to give him a kiss on the cheek. Aigoo. I feel like we’re husband and wife already. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower.
 
When I went down the kitchen, I saw Sulli preparing breakfast.
 
“Hi” she greeted. “I hope you don’t mind if I trespassed your kitchen?”
 
“It’s okay” I said. “What did you come up with?”
 
“Bacon and eggs” she answered.
 
“Oh” I nodded.
 
“You go ahead and eat. I-.”
 
“I still have to make pancakes for Jiyong” I smiled. “He prefers them at breakfast”
 
“Oh, I could do that” she said. “You-.”
 
“No” I waved off kindly. “He likes it when I’m the one making it”
 
“Oh” she mumbled and stared at me.
 
“What’s with that look?” I laughed.
 
“It’s just that. . . you sound so much like a wife” she chuckled. “Don’t you think you’re being too serious about this already? I mean, we’re still in high school, Dara. You could still meet new guys along the way”
 
“I like what I’m doing” I shrugged.
 
“But don’t you think you should take it one at a time?” she asked. “I mean, a lot of things could still happen, you know”
 
I gave a little laugh. “That’s exactly what I’m thinking. A lot of things could still happen tomorrow or in the future that’s why I’m making the most of everyday as much as I can so I won’t feel any regrets”
 
o=o=o
 
I stopped in my tracks when I saw Jae. He was clean shaven now, though the circles under his eyes were still there. we gave each other an awkward smile.
 
“Hi” he greeted.
 
“Hi” I greeted back.
 
“Where’s Jiyong?” he asked.
 
“He’s still in his class” I answered. An awkward silence followed my response. I wanted to ask him how he was doing but I didn’t have the courage to do so. I still feel bad for him ‘til now. I still feel bad about myself but I have to accept the consequences of my decision.
 
I know that by choosing Jioyng, Jae will be hurt. But I knew that if I chose to stay with Jae, I would be the one suffering, I’m a selfish and self-centered person for choosing my happiness over Jae’s, I know that. But I think it would be unfair for Jae if I stayed with him when I wanted to be with Jiyong.
 
“You look happy” he broke the silence.
 
“Jae. . . .” I whispered.
 
“Sorry” he chuckled. “Am I making you feel bad again?” he sighed. “Just give me time, Dara. Though I don’t really think I can love another girl, I’ll try to teach myself to accept that you’re not mine anymore”
 
“Jae, I.”
 
“In time” he smiled. “Maybe when that time comes, I can apply as a friend. You won’t begrudge me that, right?”
 
“Of course not”
 
He smiled. “I’m still watching over you, you know. Seeing you with Jiyong everyday might help me in accepting the-.”
 
“Pancake!”
 

P-pancake? I froze. I know that voice! I looked back and saw Jiyong heading my way. He put his arm on my shoulder as soon as he reached me followed by a kiss on the lips. I was surprised with the sudden show of affection but when I realized what his actions might look like to Jae, I pulled back. I instantly glanced at Jae and he wasn’t able to hide the pain in his eyes from me. I terribly felt bad that I found myself wanting to comfort him. He didn’t deserve this kind of pain! What kind of a person am I for doing this tom him? I’m a monster.

 
o=o=o
 
I jumped a little as I felt Jiyong clasped a necklace around my neck.
 
“What’s this?” I asked.
 
“That’s a necklace, you stupid girl”
 
I grimaced at him. “I know that!”
 
“Then why do you have to ask?”
 
“You’re being sarcastic again” I glared at him. He just snorted in response.  I looked down and took the pendant in my hand. I gasped out loud as I saw what it was. It was a black angel.
 
“That’s made from a black crystal” he told me.
 
“Really? It’s beautiful! Where did you buy this?” I asked, turning the tiny little thing in my hand. My eyes went round as the black crystal glittered violet everytime the light strikes it/. it reminded me of the black and violet smoke surrounding him before. I asked him where he bought it again.
 
“I didn’t buy that” he said. “Did you really think I’ll waste money on you?”
 
“You made it then?” I gasped louder.
 
“Of course not!” he said. “I won’t waste time and effort for you”
 
“But how did you know it’s made from black crystal?”
 
“It’s quite obvious, isn’t it?” he asked with raised brows.
 
“Where did you get this then?”
 
“I found it lying on the street so I took it”
 
I looked at him with narrowed eyes. “We should surrender this then or find the owner. Someone might be-.”
 
“You can’t do that!” he breathed.
 
“Why not?” I asked him challengingly.
 
“Yo! The door wasn’t locked so I just came in” Seungri’s familiar voice entered.
 
“Oh, Seungri!” I smiled. “What are you doing here?”
 
“Bom ordered me to bring these ointments for Jiyong’s hands” he said, putting a bag on the counter.
 
“What are these ointments for?”
 
“They heal small wounds scrapes, scratches and stuffs especially if it was caused my crystals. And since Jiyong here earned himself all of those from making the pendant as a gift for your first month. . .  ah, I think I should scoot off” he mumbled then ran away as quickly as he can.
 
Silence enveloped us I stared straight up ahead. Then, I looked back at Jiyong with teary eyes.
 
“Jiyong” I sniffed.
 
“Seungri’s dead” he growled as I started bawling out loud.
 
How dare him?! how could he be this. . . . sweet?
 
“Jiyong!” I bawled. “Huhuhuhu. . . .”
 
“Enough already!” he snapped. “That’s just a ing necklace!”
 
“It’s not just a necklace!” I cried. “Y-you m-made this f-f-for m-me! Huhuhu. . . .!”
 
He rolled his eyes. “You’re such a baby”
 
I threw myself at him and cried even more in his chest.
 
o=o=o
 
“Can you teach me how to make one?” I asked him.
 
“No” he said.
 
“It’s not that easy. Your poor little brain and below sea level intellect won’t take it”
 
“Ya!” I protested.
 
“And besides, you’ll only get yourself hurt”
 
I smiled. “Did you give Bom something like this, too?”
 
“No” he said.
 
I smiled again. “We’re so different don’t you think?”
 
“Yes” he nodded. “Bom’s a woman while you’re a girl”
 
“I could be a woman too!” I defiantly said. I can prove it-.”
 
“You don’t have to” he cut off. “I prefer girls than women anyways?”
 
“GIRLS?!?” I burst out.
 
“Hmm, there’s this one particular girl. . . .” he trailed. I can totally sense the smile in his voice.
 
“And that girl is?” I giddily asked.
 
“I kind of forgot her name. . . .”
 
“YA!”
 
“I’m just joking!” he laughed. “The girl’s name is Sandara Park”
 
I may have never and will never hear the ‘I love you words from him but right now, it’s as if he just said those words to me.
 
I love him.
 
I just love Kwon Jiyong.
 
And if he doesn’t want to teach me how to make a pendant out from something, then I’ll go ask someone else. And I think I already know who to run to.
 
The doorbell suddenly sounded.
 
“That must be Sulli” I said. “That’s weird, as far as I know, her shift’s ‘til late evening”
 
I went to get the door, only to be greeted by a woman in her 40’s or 50’s.
 
“Hi” she greeted. “Are you Sandara Park?”
 
“Yes” I nodded slowly. The woman smiled then hugged me lightly. “Wha-?”
 
“Nice to meet you” she said then pulled back. As she did, a resounding slap landed my face. “That’s for putting my son to jail before”
 
“Mom!”
 
My eyes welled up at the sting on my face. I caressed it and stared at her in shock.
 
“My dear” she greeted Jiyong warmly.
 
“Mom, you shouldn’t have done that! Jiyong said, pulling me in his arms.
 
“Jiyong!” I whined.
 
“I’ll just invite myself in, okay?” Jiyong’s mother said.
 
“Does it hurt?” he asked in a whisper.
 
I nodded childishly, pouting.
 
Jiyong pulled back a little and imprisoned my face in his hands. “Does it still sting?” he asked in yet a whisper again. For the second time, I nodded and pouted childishly at him. He then gave my stinging face tiny kisses. “Does it still sting?” he asked again.
 
“A little” I answered.
 
“I’ll make it go away later, okay?” he whispered in my ear then he planted a kiss on my hair.
 
 
-------------------------------
*a/n: oh, btw.. a reader by the name of t3kei made some sort of commentary.. hehe.. CLICK