The Call

The Shadows
Already fixed CHAPTER 56 so sorry about that guys.. didn't know it got cut off. kudos to lourain for informing me!!
 
o=o=o
 
“I love you” he whispered. I froze then looked up at his face. He had his eyes closed, his breathing was even. It took me a minute to realize that he was dreaming. My heart faltered in disappointment. But then again, I can’t help but fantasize that those words were for me.
 
My phone rang. I lazily reached out for it. I saw Youngbae’s name on the screen. “Hey, Youngbae” I answered. “What’s up?”
 
“I need your help” he said.
 
“What help?”
 
“Can you meet me at the alley near the port?”
 
I looked at the time. It was already ten in the evening. I hesitated. “What happened, anyways?”
 
“It’s Bom” he said. “Can you. . . can you just come here as quickly as you can?”
 
“Okay, okay” I answered. I took off Jiyong’s and got out of the bed. I went to get dressed and decided not to bother waking Jiyong up. I think I already know Youngbae’s problem is, though I admit I find it a bit weird for him to ask me to meet in the alley near the port.
 
After putting some clothes on, I went to give the sleeping Jiyong a light kiss on the lips before heading out I went to my car and started driving to the port.
 
Upon reaching my destination, I quickly got off the car and went to the alley. I saw Youngbae leaning against the wall with his head bowed.
 
“Youngbae?” I called. He looked sideways and through the help of the faraway post, I saw his eyes were all-black. “What happened?” I asked.
 
“Did he confess to you already, Dara?”
 
“”What are you talking about?” I asked.
 
“Have you fallen deeply in love with him?”
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Really, you’re creeping me out here. Where’s Bom?”
 
“I guess this only mean that the game is nearing its end” he continued, ignoring my question. “Who do you think will win?”
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I repeated, taking a step back but I can’t move my feet, it’s frozen!
 
“I still have a few cards in my hand” he smiled. “Hmm, I think I’m going to win this game. But then again, I always win, don’t I?”
 
“Youngbae, I can’t-” I stopped as he was suddenly in front of me.
 
He caressed my cheek. “You’re a pretty little , aren’t you?”
 
I shook my head as tears started forming in my eyes. My heart’s beating so fast against my chest from fear. I wanted to push him away but my arms were locked at my sides. I wanted to run away but I can’t seem to move my feet. I wanted to scream for help but my voice failed me. I can only manage a whimper, a whisper.
 
“Why are you doing this?” I breathed.
 
“This is a game, Dara” he smiled innocently. “It’s so unfair, don’t you think? How can Jiyong get everything while I can’t have anything? I’m always left with nothing. NOTHING!”
 
“How could you-?”
 
“SHUT UP!” he bellowed and I felt my mouth snap closed. I tried to speak again but my mouth won’t open. “I’m still talking” he hissed. “Now, that’s better” he smiled again. He took out a small knife and used it to rip my shirt open. A sob rose to my throat as his eyes feasted on my almost upper body. I gave a whimper of protest as he reached out to unclasp the front hook of my bra. I closed my eyes and silently screamed Jiyong’s name.
 
A force suddenly pulled me backwards. I felt two strong arms caught me. The person’s touch released me from the invisible ropes holding me a while ago. I looked up and saw Jae, his eyes as sinfully black as the night as he looked up ahead at Youngbae.
 
“Stay here” he hissed. I staggered sideward as he suddenly disappeared from my side and appeared right in front of Youngbae. I quickly took hold of my ruined shirt and covered my upper body with it. I took my phone out and called Jiyong.
 
“Jiyong” I started but wasn’t able to continue as tears engulfed me. I weakly slid down on the ground and cried.
 
“Where are you?” he sharply asked.
 
“Alley, port” I managed to say in between sobs. I suddenly froze again and started hearing a hollow ringing in my ears. The ringing went higher and higher until my head started pounding from pain. My skull felt too tight that I think it’s going to explode but then, it suddenly disappeared.
 
I looked up and saw Jaejoong and Youngbae. . . fighting? I’m not sure. There were no physical contact but I could tell they look like fighting because their bodies would occasionally be thrown out.
 
I could see Youngbae was trying to get to me but Jae kept on blocking him. they were obviously trying to ward each other off. I don’t know how or what happened but Jae eventually got near Youngbae.
 
“Jae, don’t kill him” I shouted the moment he gripped Youngbae’s neck.
 
“Too kind, pretty boy?” Youngbae laughed.
 
“Maybe I am” I heard jae answered. And then, Youngbae dropped to the ground, unmoving.
 
“J-jae!” I gasped in horror. The last thing I want for Jae is to kill someone because of me. He turned to face me, his eyes slowly going back to normal. “W-why did you kill. . . .?”
 
“He’s not dead” he said and knelt to the ground in front of me. He gathered me in his arms and helped me up on my feet.
 
“Dara!”
 
I turned around the moment I heard Jiyong’s voice. I took a step forward but Jae beat me to it. he grabbed my boyfriend’s shirt and pushed him against the wall.
 
“Your friend, Youngbae did this to her!” Jae hissed. “Are you playing a game here?”
 
Jiyong was silent. He glanced at me then fat at the end to where Youngbae’s body was.
 
“I have no idea why Youngbae did this” Jiyong gritted, pulling Jae’s grip off his shirt. “What are you doing here, anyways? How did you know-?”
 
“I told you I’d still be watching over her” Jae answered. “And good thing I did!”
 
“Well, you obviously didn’t arrive on time” Jiyong snorted.
 
“At least I was able to save her, unlike you” Jae returned. “If you can’t take care of her, you better give her back to me!”
 
Jiyong suddenly punched Jae. “She’s not a toy!”
 
“Jiyong, no” I ran to him. “We should sort things out with Youngbae first. He- where did he go?” I asked blankly as I looked back and saw that Youngbae wasn’t there anymore.
 
“Oh !” Jiyong snapped. “Let’s get out of ehre”
 
Before I could even say thank you or goodbye to Jae, I suddenly found myself in Bom’s place.
 
“BOM!” Jiyong thundered. “PARK BOM!”
 
“Hey, what’s with all the shouting. Why-?” Bom entered but stopped as Jiyong grabbed his arm.
 
“Where’s Youngbae?”
 
“I don’t know” she said. “I haven’t seen him for days”
 
“Do you know what he did to Dara?” he dangerously asked.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
o=o=o
 
“That can’t be true” Bom shook her head.
 
“That’s impossible!” CL agreed.
 
“Maybe he just had a change of heart” Seungri joined in. “Maybe he doesn’t like Bom anymore. No offence, but Dara’s a goddess compared to- ouch!”
 
“If he’s really the masked shadow, then why did he let Jae defeat him? Why did he run away and didn’t finish what he started? Why did he keep Dara alive?”
 
“You heard Dara” Jiyong said. “This is a game to him. He said he’s nearing to end it already and he’s going to win”
 
Silence.
 
“That’s still impossible” Bom denied.
 
“You told me that masked shadows are the least people you’d think of doing bad things because they portray a different image to hide who they really are”
 
Another moment of silence filled the room. I looked up and saw Bom staring at me with accusing eyes.
 
“Why do you have to take everything away from me?” she asked in a whisper.
 
“Bom, I. . . .”
 
She suddenly stood up and walked out of the room. CL followed her immediately.
 
“Don’t mind her” Seungri said. “She’s just being her self”
 
 
~AUTHOR’S POV~
 
Jiyong sighed as he saw that Dara finally fell asleep.
 
“So what are we going to do now?” Seungri asked.
 
“I don’t know yet” Jiyong gritted.
 
“Do you really believe that Youngbae’s the masked shadow? I mean, we’ve seen him in his crow forms, his eyes are. . . .”
 
“I don’t want to believe it” he answered. “But maybe he could change his eye color”
 
True, Youngbae’s the last person he could think of as a suspect. But the evidence was present. Who was he to deny it? It’s not possible for Youngbae to be possessed either because shadows can’t be possessed, only humans. It’s impossible also that it was a different person who took form of Youngbae because shadows can only TURN into CROWS, nothing and no one else.
 
“But how are we-?”
 
“Let’s talk about this outside” Jiyong said. “I don’t want to wake Dara up”
 
“We need help from your stepfather, Jiyong”
 
Jiyong sighed and closed his eyes. No, he doesn’t want to ask for help from him or from anyone up there. They might use it as a way to blackmail him or make him agree with everything they want him to do.  But with how things were going, it seemed like he’ll have to do that.
 
“Let me think about it first” he answered.
 
“He said the game’s almost at its end” Seungri said. “How do you think we could stop him?”
 
“A masked shadow can only be defeated by another masked shadow” Bom said as they reached the lounge.
 
“I know that!” Jiyong hissed. “I don’t need reminders! What I need is to think of another way to stop him and protect Dara!”
 
Silence.
 
“Maybe we could negotiate with him” Seungri suggested.
 
“Are you out of your mind?! It’ll only put us into a more compromising situation” CL said.
 
“Well, maybe Bom can convince him just like what Dara did to Jiyong and Jaejoong” Seungri voiced out again.
 
Jiyong paused for a moment. He looked at Seungri then at Bom. “Yeah, maybe we could do that” he then said.
 
“You’re going to use me?” Bom asked in disbelief. “What if it won’t work? You’ll just let me die?”
 
“You know we’re not going to let that happen” Seungri retorted.
 
“Like you can do something against him”
 
“Just give it a try, Bom”
 
You’re going to sacrifice me for that girl?”
 
“It’s not sacrifice” Seungri said. “We’re just going to give it a shot, if it won’t work, we’ll think of another way”
 
 
---------------------
 
this is the beginning.. hehe