The Turmoil

The Shadows
I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR THE TYPO ERROR IN THE PREVIOUS CHAP (Bom and CL's convo) .It's "his mother" not "her mother"
MIANHE MIANHE MIANHE MIANHE!! AIGOO..
 
*banner credits to kate
--------------------------------------------------------
 
o=o=o
 
Dara can’t believe herself. She was so determined before that she doesn’t want to have any connections or involvement with THEM anymore. But when Seungri went to see her after hearing from Bom of their meeting, she wasn’t able to say no to the guy when he asked her help for the wedding preparations for his friends. The wedding will be held in a beach at sunset.
 
She sighed as she took a break. Maybe months of living alone caught up with her that she was now craving for company. Truth be told, she actually missed them – Bom, Youngbae, Seungri and CL. She grimaced upon remembering that YOUNGBAE was the groom and not the OTHER ONE. If Seungri didn’t mention it to her, she wouldn’t have known. Bom reasoned out that she didn’t ask, so they didn’t bother telling her.
 
o=o=o
 
“Bommie!” a cheerful voice called. Bom looked up and frowned upon seeing the cute girl bouncing her way towards her.
 
“I thought you won’t be able to attend my wedding?” she asked.
 
“Oh, I’m so sorry about that” the other pouted. “I really wanted to attend but you know how my modelling schedule is”
 
“Then why are you here?” Bom asked again.
 
“I want to see and say goodbye to My Kwon Jiyong first before I leave for Paris” she said. “Where is he?”
 
“Room 13” Bom answered.
 
“Okay” she smiled brightly and gave Bom a hug. “Congratulations again”
 
Bom shook her head as the girl bounced away.
 
“Hey” a new voice came from behind her. She looked back and inwardly groan upon seeing Dara. “Who was that?” she asked.
 
“Ahn Sohee” she answered casually.
 
“Oh” she mumbled. “Is she a new friend of yours?”
 
Bom took a deep breath first before answering. “She’s Jiyong’s fiancé”
 
“Who’s what?”
 
“She’s Kwon Jiyong’s fiancé” Bom repeated and eyed the girl carefully.
 
“Oh, really?” the girl chuckled lightly. “Does she. . . does she know about Jiyong being a. . . a shadow?”
 
“She knows everything, well except about you. ever since you left, Jiyong. . .  oh well, it doesn't really matter” Bom answered. “She came from a shadow family, by the way”
 
“Ha? But wouldn’t that make her a masked shadow?”
 
“No” Bom waved off. “Masked shadows are born from a human or a shadow father but with the devil’s daughter as a mother. Sohee, on the other hand came from a shadow father and a human mother. And since being a shadow can only be passed to male, she’s pretty normal”
 
“Oh” Dara mumbled again. “Great”
 
“She’s a bit bratty but she’s alright”
 
 
~DARA’S POV~
 
Jiyong’s fiancé.
His fiancé.
Fiancé.
 
The word kept echoing in my mind. Why does it feel like I can’t breathe? Why does it feel like my chest wanted to explode? Just thinking of that word makes me feel. . . .angry.
 
No, I shook my head. I should not get affected. It’s over. We’re through. And even if he doesn’t have a fiancé, I won’t ever get involve with him again. He killed my parents. He killed me. And if it wasn’t for him, Jae wouldn’t have to sacrifice himself for me. I’m just angry because he doesn’t deserve to have SOMEONE in his life. The memory of Jae brought all the guilt and pain back to the surface that I feel like drowning from it.
 
I'm not affected at all! i just don't like the idea of him being happy while I'm still mourning over my parents and Jae's death.
 
“Don’t miss me too much, okay?” a cute voice entered my ears. I glanced up and saw Jiyong with a cute girl clinging onto his arm.
 
“Conceited” I heard Jiyong growled. I felt a stabbing pain in my chest upon hearing him talk like that. He shouldn't be talking like that! He should talk like he's in pain!
 
“Still as grumpy as ever” the girl said.
 
“Are you leaving already?” Bom asked the girl.
 
The girl turned to Bom and smiled. “Yes” she said. “My Jiyong here was just- oh.” She paused when her eyes landed on me. “Hello”
 
“H-hi” I stammered, taken by surprise. The girl pulled away from Jiyong and bounced to me.
 
“I’m Ahn Sohee” she said, holding a hand out. “And you are?”
 
“S-sandara Park” I answered. “But you can call me Dara”
 
“Oh, okay” she smiled. “You can call me Sohee. It’s nice meeting you!”
 
“Nice meeting you, too!”
 
“I wish I could get to know you better” she said. “But I have a flight to catch. Are you My Jiyong’s friend?”
 
“No” Jiyong answered too quickly for me.
 
“Oh, you’re Bom’s friend then?”
 
“She’s the assistant of the designer. She came here to help” Jiyong spoke for her again.
 
“Oh” Sohee mumbled. “It was still nice meeting you. Who’s designer are you working for?”
 
“Han Eul” I answered.
 
“Han Eul? The famous wedding dress designer? I’ve seen some of her designs! They’re all great! Ooh, let’s have a chat when I get back, okay? Maybe she can design my wedding dress once me and my Jiyong gets married”
 
“You’ll be late, Sohee” Jiyong reminded her. “Come, I’ll walk you to your car”
 
“Bye Bommie” she smiled. “Bye Dara, it was nice meeting you”
 
“Bye” I mumbled as she turned around and linked her arm with Jiyong’s arm. “She’s pretty”
 
“She is” Bom agreed. “If it weren’t for her, Jiyong would still be locked up in his dark world”
 
Silence.
 
“He doesn’t deserve her”
 
“You don’t know what he did or what he went through, Dara” Bom sternly said.
 
“I don’t care” I snapped and walked away. He doesn’t deserve to be happy! He doesn’t deserve to have someone like Sohee in his life. He should grow old and die ALONE!
 
o=o=o
 
I put on a poker face as I went to the bridal shower slash bachelor party. They decided to just hold it in one place and at the same time. I find it quite unusual, actually. But then, Youngbae and Bom are unusual individuals. I joined in with the celebration, chatted with some people and just went along with the flow. It’s been a while since I went to a party. Seungri kept me company the whole time. I don’t really hold any anger against him and the others. They weren’t responsible for Jiyong’s actions. I shouldn’t let my hatred for one person ruined my friendship with the others.
 
Eventhough I don’t really care about HIM anymore, I can’t help but kept on glancing at him. He was already drinking by the bar when I arrived. He’s still drinking up until now, not joining the fun and celebration that much and totally not mingling. I don’t know if he’s drinking because his FIANCE’s not here or because his conscience was bugging him.
 
As the party went on, he never left his place, never stopped drinking. I saw the others tried to convince him out of it one by one but none of them succeeded. I know how stubborn he could get so I wasn’t really surprised when his friends gave up. He went on like that until the part ended. All the guests went back to their respective rooms but I stayed behind. I really don’t know why I chose to stay behind, but I did. Bom and the others tried to talk to him again but for the second time, they failed. When it was only me and him, I decided to approach him. Maybe I just wanted to taunt him, mock him even. Maybe I just wanted to see if he was in pain or that his conscience’s eating the wits out of him, if he has conscience at all.
 
I’ve been thinking of a few good mocking sentences in my mind. Upon reaching him, I opened my mouth to mock him but instead of mocking words, I heard myself say, “That’s enough”
 
He paused for a moment then glanced at me but he quickly looked away an continued gulping the bottle of alcohol down his throat.
 
“Drinking is bad for the health” I told him.
 
“Creatures like me don’t get sick easily” he grunted.
 
“Stop drinking already”
 
“I’m not yet drunk”
 
“You already consumed more or less twenty five bottles!” I exclaimed.
 
“So?” he snorted. “Like you give a ing damn on what will happen to me”
 
“I’m not thinking about you!” I hissed angrily. “I’m thinking of what the other guests would think and I don’t want Bom to worry over someone else when she should just be thinking of her wedding!”
 
“Oh, so now I’m the burden” he chuckled. “I’ll just drink in my room then” he added and stood up. He shook his head a little and started swaying away, his feet crisscrossing. I silently followed him out. Instead of heading to his room, he went swaying towards the beach, stumbling along the way. I panicked as I saw that he was going straight to the ocean.
 
“YA!” I called and started running after him. “What are you doing?!”
 
He just continued heading straight to the ocean. Upon reaching him, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. Since he was drunk, his body swayed against mine that I fell back on the sand with him on top of me. I quickly pushed him away and stood up.
 
“Are you trying to kill yourself? You could have drowned!”
 
“Isn’t that what you wanted?” he asked with eyes closed as he lay down on his back on the sand. “You want me dead, right?”
 
“NO!” I burst out angrily. He opened his eyes then looked at me. “I. . .  I mean, I don’t want you dead because. . . . because I want you to suffer! If you’re dead, you won’t really feel any pain anymore, will you?”
 
“I’ll be going straight to hell, anyways” he snorted. “What’s the difference of being alive and dead?”
 
“Don’t talk like that!” I snapped angrily.
 
“Don’t talk like what?” he huskily asked, standing up. “Like I’ve been living in hell for the past months? But my life is HELL!”
 
“Why?” I returned. “Because you weren’t able to get what you wanted from Sulli? Too bad she’s dead, isn’t she?”
 
“!” he cursed.
 
“I should have stayed with Jae from the beginning” I mumbled. “I shouldn’t have broken up with him. You were right about me all along. I’m STUPID. I chose you over someone who willingly gave up his life for me. I-“
 
“DON’T.YOU.ING.DARE!” he gritted. “Don’t you ing dare talk about sacrifices to me because your pretty boy’s sacrifice was nothing compared to what I so willingly gave up!”
 
“W-what are you talking about?”
 
“I gave up everything for you! EVERYTHING! I was even willing to give up more than that just to keep you alive. All those time, I knew what I was going to lose but I went through it with open eyes. I gave up my chance to be with you. I gave up your love for me. I knew you’d hate me but I didn’t ing care. I gave my ideals, my beliefs, my humanity, myself while fulfilling Sulli’s wishes and conditions. I have to ing at up that I’m into her so that she’ll believe I’m on her side. Everytime I’m with her or she asks me to do something, I just wished I was dead but I still went through it because it’s the only way I know to keep. . . . damn it!”
 
“Y-you’re not making any sense”
 
“I walked to hell with my eyes wide open ever since I decided to end Sulli’s game. The only way to take her down was to be a masked shadow myself so I went through all of that to make her turn me into one. And at the latter point, I didn’t give a ing damn on who’s going to hurt or if along the way I have to hurt someone, someone or kill someone. I didn’t hesitate in doing all of those just for you! And I hated myself for it. I knew I was going to die at the end but I didn’t mind as long as I’m going to take Sulli to death with me so she won’t do anything to you anymore. I didn’t even care if I’ll die with you hating me even if it would burn me to see the hatred in your eyes. I didn’t even care if you’ll end up with somebody else! i didn't care eventhough i knew that i'l die fighting Sulli. Even if I have to come back from the dead just to keep you alive and die again in doing that, I would. Even if I have to face death a thousand or million times, I would!”
 
“That doesn’t change the fact that you killed me!”
 
“Oh yes!” he hissed. “I killed you but I knew Jaejoong would save you that’s why I gave him the key to free you and the others, that’s why I didn’t kill him. If you feel so angry of me killing you down there, well I should be angrier because you killed me a million times over! Every tear you shed; every sob, cry and scream you made; every plea you ushered. . . . they all went through here!” he shouted, beating his fist on his chest. “It went right through here and it went ingly deep that I died over and over again seeing you in pain. Did you really think I enjoyed it? Did you really think I took pleasure in watching and hearing you in pain? No, I ing didn’t! And you’re right! I’m ingly pissed that Sulli didn’t give me what I wanted – death. I’d rather be dead than continue living with the knowledge that you can never forgive me, that your hatred took over your love for me”
 
“You should have died, not Jae!” I screamed. “On second thought, I’m glad you’re selfish and coward enough not to take your own life! If not, I won’t be able to see you suffering!”
 
He turned silent for a moment. “That’s it, isn’t it? All you ever saw down in chamber was your pain, Jaejoong’s sacrifice and your parents death. But you never saw mine, did you? You never saw my pain, my sacrifice or even my death. I guess I really am the best liar, huh? You said before, all you ever did was love me and you regretted it. well, all I ever wanted was to keep you alive, to keep that bright smile on your face, to keep that tinkling laugh of yours be heard, to keep your heart beating, to keep that beautiful eyes of yours open even if I have to give all of me as the payment. Even if that smile will be directed to a different person, even if that laugh will be heard by another guy, even if you that heart will beat for someone else, even if that eyes will touch a different man’s heart. And even if you’ll end up hating me, I’d still want that. Now tell me, is too wrong to want those, Dara?”
 
I wasn’t able to say anything. In the back of my mind, I can see and hear cracks on the walks I’ve built around my heart.
 
“And you’re right” he continued. “I’m a coward and maybe even stupid for not taking my own life because up until now, I’m still foolishly and futilely hoping that you’ll forgive me, up until now I’m still hoping that you. . . .” he paused and shook his head. “But you made it perfectly clear that you can never forgive me so what I feel doesn’t really matter anymore. You can go on hating me as long as you want. What matters to me now is that you’re alive. That’s all I ever wanted in the first place”
 
He turned around and walked away. Yes, I wanted to see him in pain and suffering. But I didn’t expect to see THAT kind of pain. It was too much for me to take that I found myself hurting, too. Oh God, have I become heartless and cruel, too? As he went out of sight, my knees finally gave in. fat tears rolled down my cheeks. My heart feels like its being squeezed.
 
Why am I crying? Didn’t I promise to myself that I won’t shed a tear for him anymore?
 
Why am I hurting? Isn’t this what I wanted? Isn’t this. . . .?
 
I shook my head and tried to drive away my thoughts. I should be strong. I should not let him affect me. I should not let his pain hurt me. Is he really in pain or he’s just acting up? Well, I should not fall for it!
 
I should be happy. I should continue taunting him in revenge for the people he hurt, for my parents, for Jae and for myself.
 
Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park can never exist peacefully together. And this is how it should end. This is how OUR story should end. We can never be together even as friends, we will never be together ever again.
 
-----------------------------------------------------
omo... Sohee's here!! nyahahaha...
aigoo, gonna miss everyone.. :(
next chap is the epilogue..
omo, what is this? hahaha..