The Dream

The Shadows
*a/n: since I got 3 new banners, I decided to post 3 chappies, too.. hehe
banner credits to daisuke!!! VERY KAMSA!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“GOD!” Bom exclaimed. “Stop acting like you’re the only victim here! How do you think Jaejoong’s feeling right now? How do you think I’m feeling right now? I’ve known Kwon Jiyong as long as I can remember and it’s not easy for me too see what’s happening to him lately. When will you wake up from the illusion that Jiyong isn’t a saint?”
 
“STOP!” I screamed. “I don’t want hear any of your lies anymore! I had enough!”
 
She suddenly grabbed my shoulders and shook me hard. “I won’t stop until you-!”
 
“Bom, that’s enough” Jae said quietly but it every word was heavy with authority.
 
“No!” Bom refused. “I won’t stop until she-!”
 
“I said enough” Jae repeated strongly.
 
“Fine!” Bom exclaimed, raised her hand and stepped back.
 
“I’m disappointed with you, Dara” he quietly said. “Do you really think I’d lie about Jiyong just to get you back? I guess I should be grateful that we broke up then. You obviously see me differently”
 
“Jae, I-“
 
“If you don’t want to stay here anymore because you think I’m plotting against Jiyong, feel free to leave” he cut off. “I won’t stop you”
 
He walked away, leaving me guilty.
 
“You’re pretty lucky to have someone like Jaejoong, you know” Bom slowly said. “But I guess you’re too blind to see that”
 
Silence.
 
“And in case you want to know, Jiyong asked me to tell you about the prediction but Jaejoong asked me to delay it because he knew you’re going to get hurt. In return for that, you went on accusing the both of us of selfishness. I’m taking you also forgot the time when I said I’m over Jiyong already?”
 
“Bom, i-I’m sorry. I didn’t-“
 
“Jaejoong deserve your apology more than anyone” she cut off. “Imagine, you cheated on him, broke up with him for Jiyong and hurt him like hell. But he continued looking after you, took you in when Jiyong broke up with you but you just hurt him again”
 
I turned red. I started feeling a heavy weight in my chest. Oh God, what’s happening to me?
 
“I love Jiyong” I brokenly whispered. “It’s hard for me to. . . .”
 
“I know how you feel Dara” she said. “But what you feel won’t change the truth and it doesn’t give you the right to go on accusing people around you”
 
o=o=o
 
Later that evening, I decided to talk to Jae. I took a deep breath and knocked on his door. “J-jae?” I called. After a while, the door opened. I flinched guiltily seeing the pain in his eyes. What have I done to him?
 
“What is it?” he asked, voice husky.
 
“I. . . . I just want to apologize. . . . with what I said a while ago. . . . I shouldn’t have said that. I’m being ungrateful and mean. . . I’m really s-sorry. I didn’t mean to-2
 
“I know you meant it, Dara” he cut off. “That’s how you felt, you were just being honest”
 
“Jae, it’s not really like-“
 
“You don’t have to explain yourself” he cut off again. “You’re right in thinking that I’m still hoping and wishing you’ll come back to me, that you’ll love me again but I would never lie to you about Jiyong just to get you back”
 
“I’m sorry” I repeated, bowing my head. “I-I’d do anything you ask. . . . just forgive me, please?”
 
He didn’t say anything. I took an unsteady breath. I’m being on the wrong side. I might be suffering right now but Bom was right, it didn’t give me the right to hurt anyone or inflict pain on others. But I was just too frustrated with myself, too hurt with what happened to me and Jiyong that I went to vent my feelings out on Jae and Bom.
 
“There are things I’d like you to do” he finally said, making me look up. I suddenly felt nervous, scared even. Will he ask me to be his girlfrienda gain?
 
“W-what is it?” I asked nervously.
 
He smiled. “I want you to stop lurking in your room. I want you to eat normally again. I want you to live like nothing bad happened to you. And most of all, I want you to TRY to be happy again. . . .”
 
I felt a painful squeeze in my heart hearing him say all this. After all the things I’ve done and said to him, he’s still looking after my welfare. He could have asked me to get together again. He could have asked me to kiss him or sleep with him. He could have asked me to love him again. He could have asked me to stop loving Jiyong or forget him.
 
“W-why are you so kind to me. . . .?”
 
“It’s all I can do for you” he quietly said. “Okay!” he suddenly clapped. “How about we start at this moment? What do you like to munch on?”
 
“A-an ice cream would be nice”
 
“Then ice cream it is” he cheerfully said.
 
 
~AUTHOR’S POV~
 
“When are you going to tell me the fourth condition?” Jiyong asked as he ran his fingers through Sulli’s hair.
 
“Soon” Sulli said.
 
“What’s with the delay?” he chuckled.
 
“I’m still checking on a few things” she said. “Things are. . . . getting interesting”
 
“Things like what?” he asked.
 
“You’ll find out soon enough” she answered. “What’s with the hurry, anyways? Let’s take this one at a time, okay?”
 
“Sorry” he chuckled. “Just can’t wait to be like you”
 
Sulli gave a laugh. “Jiyong, don’t be too greedy for power”
 
“Your fault” he returned playfully. “You unleashed the monster out of me”
 
“I’m glad I did” she said. “If that monster didn’t wake up, you won’t be here with me. You’d still be stuck with Dara”
 
“You’re right” he smiled.
 
“Anyways” she sighed. “I have to leave. I still got some GAMES to play in different parts of the world” she finished with a wink.
 
“Can’t you stay longer?”
 
“We’ve been together for the whole day already” she scoffed. “It’s not healthy”
 
“When will you be back?”
 
“I don’t know” she shrugged and stood up. She put her clothes back on and blew him a kiss.
 
“Have fun” he waved off.
 
Jiyong waited for half an hour before getting out of bed. He put some clothes on and went to his study table. He pulled a drawer out and lifted through the papers, where a necklace was hidden. He took it out and stared at the pendant. He was able to fix the chain after he pulled it off him but he didn’t bother wearing it again. He sighed as he returned the necklace back and closed the door. He closed the lights and went to open the window. He stuck his head through and looked around. In just a blink, he became a crow and flew out. The window closed behind him.
 
He spread his wings out, letting the wind carry his weight. He knew it’s risky to do what he’s about to do but he NEEDS to do it, just this once. Upon reaching his destination, he peeked though every window he past by until he finally saw them.
 
The guy gave the girl two servings of ice cream. The girl smiled and put a spoonful of ice cream in . His heart squeezed when he saw her smiled again. He flew away from the window and landed on a faraway tree. He decided to just wait until she goes to bed.
 
Time ticked. Jiyong can’t help but think that Jaejoong’s keeping Dara up on purpose. Oh yes, he’s sure the other guy felt his presence but he couldn’t care less anymore. He NEEDS to do this.
 
When the house went dark upon the closing of lights, he let out a sigh. But he didn’t flew back to the house at once. He waited for an hour before going in just so Dara will be asleep. He went in quietly and blended with the darkness, assuming his shadow form, so she wouldn’t see he’s there. He stood beside her bed and saw some traces of tears on her cheeks. He reached out to dry the tears off, gently caressing her face. He stiffened as she moved a little. He quickly backed against the wall eventhough he knew Dara won’t see him. But maybe he’s just afraid to see her eyes up close. And when he saw her eyes fluttering open, he held his breath tightly.
 
“Jiyong?” she called out, pushing herself up in a sitting position and flicked the lampshade on. He looked around and saw no one. “Jiyong, are you here?” she called out again, standing up. “Please tell me you’re here” she desperately cried now, fresh stream of tears rolling down her cheeks. Jiyong’s jaw clenched and looked away.
 
Her knees then gave in. She surrendered to the pain and tears. “Oh God, I missed him so much!”
 
Jiyong remained in his place, his knuckles went white from balling his fists too tight. He closed his eyes for a moment the opened them again. This isn’t what he wanted to see. He came here not to watch her cry her heart out. He didn’t want to see her in this state. He just wanted to see her face, watch her sleep, and hear her even breathing or her voice if ever she dreams of him again. She sometimes whispers his name in her sleep, then she would smile. He had seen it before. But he forgot one thing. He forgot that Dara can sense a shadow’s presence sometimes. She must have sensed him but knowing her, she’d think it’s just her wild imagination. So, he decided to wait until she stops crying and fall asleep again.
 
It was past two in the morning when she finally climbed to bed, still crying. She curled up in a ball until she eventually fell asleep. Jiyong waited for another thirty minutes before walking to her bed. He looked down at her and tapped her forehead, putting her in a deep slumber so she won’t wake up anytime soon.
 
“Fate doesn’t really want it” he whispered. “I just wanted to have some time to watch you sleep but instead, you woke up and cried your heart out. It wasn’t what I came here for”
 
He looked down at her and brushed off the hair that fell to her face. He took a deep breath before leaning down to kiss her gently on the lips. “Goodbye, Dara”
 
o=o=o
 
~DARA’S POV~
 
I’m eager to go to bed tonight. I had one hell of a tiring day. I saw a crow as sinfully as the night perched on my opened window the moment I entered my room. Instead of shooing the creature away, I beckoned it in, smiling. The crow fluttered its wings and flew towards my direction. My smile grew wider as a boy, almost my age stood in front of me. He flashed me his arrogant smirk, making my heart go berserk against my chest. As I was about to greet him, I heard a different male voice calling my name softly, gently. I looked round and saw another boy slowly walking towards me. He stepped beside the first one and looked at me.
 
Both were looking at me quite intently, as if asking me to choose between them.
 
“I. . . .” I heard myself mumble.
 
“Why do you look so scared, spoof?” Jiyong snorted. “You already made a choice, remember?”
 
“I did?”
 
“Fate has already chosen us to be together, Dara. You don’t have to be afraid” hae smiled at me gently.
 
“I. . . I don’t understand”
 
“Your fate. . . .” Jiyong said.
 
“Your destiny. . . .” Jae followed.
 
“It has been decided” they chorused. “You can never fight against it”
 
I saw Jiyong smirked then shrugged. “I guess this is goodbye then?”
 
“No. . . .” I heard myself whispered but he already faded.
 
I jerked up straight and looked around. I sighed and closed my eyes. It was just a dream, just a dream. But it made me uneasy. I already made a choice, Jiyong said while Jae was on about us being destined to be in each other’s arms. I felt a lump on my throat as the part where Jiyong said goodbye flashed in my mind. Just last night, I imagined he visited me.
 
I know I’m being stupid for imagining that I felt Jiyong’s presence last night. I even thought I heard his voice, felt his touch and kiss. I must be out of my mind. I recall now, Bom told me that it was Jiyong’s idea to tell me about the prediction. He knew all along that I’m destined for Jae. Maybe that’s why he broke up with me. He msut have thought that there’s no really point in continuing our relationship when it’s perfectly clear that there’s no future for us.
 
But if he knew all along about it, why did he get himself into a relationship with me? Why didn’t he just let me be with Jae? Did he do that just to piss Jae off?
 
Well, he didn’t really steal me away from Jae, did he? I actually went after him. Was falling for Kwon Jiyong a test for me and Jae?
 
I don’t know what to think anymore. I’m confused.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

watch this another trailer from yssa!!