The Thread

The Shadows

I turned around and was greeted by her smiling and gleeful face. That broke the last straw of my patience. That’s it! I’ll strangle her. I took a step forward.

“I’m just joking!” she laughed and ran inside her house. I stared at the house blankly. I can hear cackles from inside. Holy crap, she’s insane! She should be confine in a mental institute.

I shook my head and jumped over the fence to my place. Why now? Of all times, she decided to BOTHER me now. She’s not really doing anything good to my mood right now. And like I said, I prefer to be left alone.

I dropped myself in bed, not bothering to change clothes or remove my shoes or even wash myself. I NEED sleep.

Sometime later, I woke up with the persistent loud shrill of the doorbell. I growled and covered my head with a pillow. I already know who that person is. I EFFINGLY WANT TO SLEEP MORE! What the sh*t is that girl up to again?

I was planning to ignore her but the persistent sound is making my head ache. With a growl of frustration and another string of curses, I headed down, marching dangerously towards the door.

“WHAT THE ING HELL DO YOU WANT THIS TIME?!” I bellowed. I was pretty surprised when I saw that it was already sunset. I slept that long?

“I baked something for you. It’s sort of a thank you gift for-“

I closed the door against her face. “Go home!” I shouted through the closed door and ran upstairs again. I took my iPod out and put my earphones on as I went back to sleep.

It was much, much later when I woke up. I looked at the clock it’s already 9:30 in the evening. I took the earphones off, and got out of bed. I headed towards the bathroom and quickly took a shower.

After taking a shower, and dressing up, I headed downstairs. I felt something heavy leaned on my legs as I opened the door. I looked down and found the girl on the floor, sleeping with the food container settled beside her. Judging from her position, I can conclude that she sat on the doorstep, leaned on the door and fell asleep.

“!” I hissed under my breath. I nudged her awake with my shoe but she just groaned. Does she exist to annoy the hell out of me? Hell. She’s getting right to it already! With another curse, I picked the container and went to put in the fridge without bothering to look what’s inside of it. I went back to the door and dragged her body out of the way.

I was already a few good meters away from the house when I heaved a big sigh. I cursed lowly again and went back to the house with my fists balled tightly. I stared down at her sleeping figure. How can she sleep in a floor so comfortably like this?

The need to strangle her and scare her off was still boiling hotly inside me. But then, I found myself bending down to scoop her up. With grimness, I brought her back inside and settled her in my bed.

“You should stop. You’re deliberately crossing the line, little girl. It would only harm you” I silently said. I snorted. Why am I warning a sleeping person? Like the hell I care what will happen to her.

With a shake of my head, I pulled my hood back up and headed outside. I put my hands on my jacket pockets and bowed my head. I started walking.

After one and a half hour, I descended upon a stair. As soon as I reached the bottom, I nodded at some people and looked for my friends.

“Jiyong! Finally, you’re here” Youngbae called.

“Hey pretty boy. You up to ring?” Bom appeared beside him.

“The others?” I asked.

“Up in front”

I snorted. “Let’s get this on”

“We should. I’m placing my bet on you” Bom said, eyes squinting.

“That’s a first” I managed to say.

“It’s my birthday gift to you” she laughed.

“Oh, yeah, your birthday’s coming up” Youngbae tapped my shoulder.

“I know” I growled. “Thanks so much for the reminder” I added sarcastically.

o=o=o

I carefully removed Bom and CL’s arms off me and pushed myself up in a sitting position. I looked around at my friends and snorted. Seungri was hugging CL while Youngbae had his arm around Bom. They’ll surely freak out once they wake up and find themselves in that order. I slowly walked my way out of the room.

“Oh, you’re awake” Bom’s mother smiled as she turned around and saw me. “Hungry?” she asked.

“Nah” I answered. “I have to fix some things back at the house”

I arrived at the house much later. I was just planning to clean my room since the girl slept on it twice already. I shudder to think that someone else slept on my bed. As I went up to my room, I was glad to see it empty. For a moment, I really thought she’ll stay behind and wait for me. She’s becoming a constant headache.

I cleaned my room thoroughly. Then, I heard my stomach grumble. I went downstairs and opened up the fridge when I saw the container that the girl brought yesterday. I took it out and opened the lid. I saw cookies inside. With a shrug, I took one and too a test bite.

Hmm. Not bad. The girl can bake.

I burped out loudly and looked down at the empty container. Sh*t! I didn’t notice I ate everything already. I started cursing myself over and over again. I went back to m room to take a bath. I brushed my teeth after that. I hastily put some clothes on after drying myself.

“Hi!” a cheerful voice greeted.

“Jesus!” I whirled around and glared at the smiling girl. “What are you doing here again?!”

“You were gone when I woke up so I wasn’t able to thank you formally for-“

“Don’t” I gritted. “Just leave. If you really want to thank me then don’t ever show yourself to me”

“You’re really rude” she pouted. “I’m just trying to be friendly.

“I already told you, I don’t want and need your friendship” I impatiently said.

“No man is an island” she said.

“How did you get in anyways?” I asked.

“The front door wasn’t locked”

“You should have knocked or rang the doorbell”

“I forgot” she shrugged.

“AISH!” I burst out.

“I saw the container downstairs. It was EMPTY. Did you eat all of it? Haha. Of course you did. I’ll bake you more next time I-“

“No!” I growled. “There’ll be no next time”

She stuck her tongue out. “You can’t really stop me” she said then ran away. Hell! This would be the last time! I swear! I won’t stop myself from strangling her the next time she tries to be FRIENDLY.

o=o=o

~DARA’S POV~

I tiptoed, trying to reach a book from the shelf but I can’t reach it. A hand suddenly appeared and took the book I’m trying to get.

“You look pathetic” Kwon Jiyong’s voice entered my ears. He put the book on my hand roughly.

“Thanks” I smiled.

He grimaced. “I didn’t get the book to help you”

“Oh, really?”

“Oh yes!” he hissed then walked away. I followed him. It’s quite safe to talk to him since we’re the only ones in the library, except for the librarian but she can’t see us from here.

“Why did you get the book then?” I whispered.

“You look like you were going to jump for it and caused the shelf stumble down. I don’t want to be bothered when I’m reading”

“Is that so?” I raised my brow but he ignored me and went to a table. I sat across him. “My parents are back by the way”

He tore his eyes from the book and looked at me. “I.DON’T.CARE” he said, emphasizing each word. My lips twitched. I took a chocolate bar from my pocket that my parents brought home and put it in front of him.

“Here! Maybe it’ll sweeten your sour attitude!”

I stood up and walked out.

 

 

----------------------------

banner credits to: accidie