The Move

The Shadows

I just had my night shower when my phone rang. Thinking it was just Sulli, I didn't hurry up to get it. But my screen only showed a number. Frowning, I pressed the accept button.

“Hello?”

“Hi” the person on the other line greeted, sending shivers down my spine. “It's Jae”

“Oh!” I grinned. I went to my bed and lied down. “Where'd you get my number?”

“Krystal” he said.

“Oh, really? She did that? Tsk, I should talk to her”

“Don't” he laughed. “I, uh, actually made a bargain with her just to get your number”

“What bargain?”

“Not telling” he chuckled.

“Knowing Krystal. . . you didn't spend money, did you?” I asked but no answer came. “That bad?”

“Yes” he chuckled. “But its worth it”

“Why, though?”

“Your voice sounds really nice” he answered instead.

“That's. . . you're such a liar”

“No, I'm not. I'm telling the truth”

“I bet you already told that to every girl you met” I said, rolling my eyes.

“No, I haven't”

“I don't believe you” I said.

“I'll work on that. You'll see”

“You can try” he teasingly said.

“I'm a very determined person, so you should be warned”

“Consider me warned” I laughed.

After a while, the call ended. I went to my study table when I noticed the light on my neighbor's room opened. Since my curtains were drawn away, and his blinds were up, I was able to see the famous Kwon Jiyong walked around his room. He took off his shirt and tossed it asid4e. He was in the process of taking his pants off when he glanced up. I quickly looked away, cheeks burning. My hands frantically moved around my desk. My hands landed on a notebook. I opened it and started fiddling through it. I glanced sideways again and I saw that he was walking towards his window, nearer to me. I shyly waved at him. He smirked then pulled his blinds down. Okay, that was rude. . . offending.

But I guess I offended him first. Staring's pretty rude. I just got curious, I think. He rarely goes home ever since his mother moved out to the city with her new husband. Before, he just use to lie on his bed, playing loud rock music everytime his parents starts fighting.

Shaking my head, I went back on the book I'm reading. After a while, my phone rang again.

“Yes, hello?” I answered, not bothering to look at the screen. I was already on the of the story!

“I was hoping you'd still be awake” a soft voice said. “And you are”

“Jae!” I exclaimed, tossing the book aside. “Oh, I mean Jaejoong. Do you want anything?”

“Call me Jae, that's fine with me” he answered.

We turned silent for a moment. I was waiting for him to answer my other question but when he didn't say anything, I asked him again.

“I just. . .” he trailed.

“Yes?” I urged.

“What are you doing by the way?”

“Reading. You?”

“Lying on my bed” he chuckled. “I just called to say goodnight”

“Oh” I smiled. “Thanks. Goodnight, too”

“And sweetdreams”

“Sweetdreams”

o=o=o

~JIYONG'S POV~

She's staring at me again. I hate it when she does that. Sometimes, I just want to get her eyes out. She's making me uncomfortable. And I don't like feeling like that, it annoys me. Basically, she's irritating me right now. Then, there's her friend, Sulli. If Sandara Park irritates me, this one amuses me and annoys me at the same time. I can see fear and excitement in Sulli's eyes. Also, the new guy, Kim Jaejoong. He unnerves me. Oh well, I guess the latter part's pretty understandable.

I sighed and lifted the book I'm reading to hide my face from Sandara Park and her friend's prying eyes.

“Do you really think he's reading?” I heard someone whispered from somewhere.

“I don't think so. You heard the others, he never participates in class”

“Yes, I heard that”

“And besides, why bother reading when you can just terrorize the teachers in giving you A+?”

“You're right” the other whispered back. “But at times like this, I can't help but wish he's my friend, so he'll terrorize my teachers to give me passing grades”

I stood up and started laughing, disturbing the silent sanctuary of the library. But no one scolded me. I'm pretty sure, thirty minutes from now, they'll be talking about how I'm not just a simple criminal but a mentally unstable one, too.

As I walked in the hallway, the other students stepped out of my way and bowed their heads. I had the urge to laugh again but I didn't. I was in the process of unlocking my locker when I heard a voice.

“I know who you are”

I glanced sideays and smirked. “Of course you do. You're . . . much the same as me”

“I thought you won't recognize me” he snorted, “for who I am”

I ignored his arrogance. “I'm not in the mood to fight right now. Or even talk” I said. He shrugged and walked away. I turned to my locker and cursed as I saw a fancy stationery neatly folded. Without opening, or even reading it, I crumpled the paper and dropped it on the floor. This is beyond stupidity and foolishness.

~DARA'S POV~

I was. . . unnerved when I heard him laugh a while ago. That's like the weirdest sound I ever heard. That would cause another talk for sure. But everything was shoved out of my mind as I saw Jae. He's simply perfect. His aura is so strong. His presence is so hard to resist. Its like he lights up a place he steps into.

“Hey” he greeted.

“Hi!” I smiled.

“Where are the others?”

“I think they're in the cafeteria already” Sulli answered.

“You girls going there?” he asked.

“Yes” I answered.

“Good” he smiled. “Let's go”

Sulli winked at me as she walked up ahead, fishing her phone out. My heart went fluttering as he walked beside me.

“I forgot to clear something with you” he started. “I'm not gay”

“I never said you were” I chuckled.

“Just saying” he chuckled back.

I glanced at him and I felt like the wind was knocked out of my chest as he smiled boyishly at me. Oh dear, he knows how to use his charms well.

Shaking off my mesmerized mind, I stared up ahead again. “My opinion doesn't really matter”

“It does to me” he quietly said. I stopped in my tracks, unsure if I heard him right. I stared at him. I find it not tiring to stare at his beautiful face. How can someone be as godly as him? I actually envy him a little. He's prettier than me.

“What did you-?”

“Your friends are waiting” he smiled and nodded forwards. I followed his gaze and found the girls already seated comfortably in our usual spot.

o=o=o

“Can I drive you home?” he asked.

“It's out of your way” I said.

“It's not that out of the way”

I hesitated for a moment. With a smile, I nodded and joined him in his car, totally forgetting to wave my friends goodbye.

“I hope you don't mind if I ask how old you are?” I started.

“Seventeen” he chuckled. “And you're sixteen, right?”

“Turning seventeen. How did you-? Oh, Krystal” I grimaced. “She didn't say anything embarrassing about me, did she?”

“Define embarrassing” he teased.

“Oh no!” I groaned, covering my face with my hands. I heard him laughed softly as he patted my head, sending another icy shivers down my spine.

“I'm just joking” he said. “Looks like I have to work on my jokes. I was hoping to hear you laugh. But I miserably failed”

“I really need to taol to your cousin” I grimaced again,

“Don't be mad. I told you, I made a bargain with her”

“Can you tell me what you bought her?”

“Well, you know girls. . .”

“I'm not like that” I snapped.

“I know” he whispered. Heat flamed my cheeks as I saw him staring at me with those beautiful eyes of his. “We're here” his voice suddenly broke into my dazed mind. He quickly stepped off the car and went to my side, opening the door for me and held his hand out. I put my hand on top of his and stepped down.

“Thanks” I said.

“No problem” he smuled. I stood there like an idiot that I am as I found myself captivated by his smile again. I blinked when I heard a creaking sound. I looked at the side and saw Kwon Jiyong entered his house. I looked back at Jae.

“Are you afraid to have a neighbor like him?” he worriedly asked.

“Not really” I answered, managing a smile. “Like they say, he won't harm you if you'll just stay out of is way”

He just nodded on response.

“So. . .” I stalled. “See you at school?”

“Yeah, have a nice weekend” he said.

“You, too”

I was still waving and smiling eventhough his car's out of sight already. But when I realized how stupid I must look, I quickly went inside.

“I'm home!” I called.

“Hi dear! How's your day?” Mom asked.

“Same” I shrugged. I was in the process of drinking water when I noticed Mom and Dad exchanged knowing looks. “What's going on?”

“I know its pretty early” Dad smiled. “But your Mom and I decided to give you your birthday present” he finished then held his hand up, a key dangling on his finger.

“Don't tell me. . . oh my God! You bought me a car!” I shrieked. When they laughed, I jumped and hugged the, both.

“It's second hand, though” Dad quickly said. “It needs some revamping but it's-”

“It's okay, Dad! It's still a car! Gosh! I can't believe this!”

 

 

----

banner by nhichole18