The Loss

The Shadows

* banner credits to daragonlai (ver1)

-----

“No!” Dara’s voice echoed.
 
“How?” Jiyong asked his eyes on Sulli.
 
“A quick death” Sulli answered.
 
“JIYONG NO!” Dara screamed. When the guy ignored her, she turned to Sulli. “Sulli” she cried. “Please don’t kill them! I’ll do anything you want!”
 
“You’re striking a bargain with me?” Sulli asked, sounding amused.
 
“Yes” Dara nodded. “I’ll do anything you want, give anything you ask”
 
“What if I ask for a person, will you give that person to me?”
 
Dara glanced at Jiyong shortly then turned to Sulli again. “Yes. If you’re talking about Jiyong, he’s yours! I don’t care anymore!”
 
Sulli laughed. “Did you hear that, Jiyong? What do you think, huh?”
 
Something passed Jiyong’s eyes as he stared coldly at Dara. Then, a smirk lifted the corner of his lips. “Really now?” he asked. “What made you think you can give me away when you don’t even own me in the first place?”
 
Jiyong’s fingers slightly curved forward, as if he’s holding a ball.  Everyone stared at him with curiosity and confusion except Sulli. His arm was trembling as he slowly lifted it up; it’s as if he’s carrying something heavy. To Sulli’s astonishment and to Dara’s horror, her parents were lifted up in the air. Dara’s heart tripled as her parents were now floating a few feet in front of her.
 
“No, no, no” she pleaded. “Please don’t hurt them”
 
“He’s not going to hurt them, Dara. It’ll be a quick death. They won’t feel anything at all” Sulli consoled her.
 
“No! Don’t do that! Jiyong, I’m begging you!”
 
Her plea was ignored as Jiyong’s slightly opened hand balled into a fist tightly. There was a sound of muffled explosion the same time blood hit across her face, her front and all over the place.
 
“NOO!” she screamed for the last time before her world stopped spinning. She can’t believe her eyes. One second, she staring at her parents in front of her but now she’s just staring at an empty space. It’s as if they weren’t really there a while ago. But no, her parents’ blood that is splashed across her face, body and all over the place was proof enough that her parents just died in front of her.
 
She wanted to keep on screaming. She wanted to keep on crying. She wanted to mourn. But for some weird reasons, she just stood very still, staring blankly at the space where her parents’ bodies just exploded. For the first time, she felt numb. For the first time, her tears ran dry. For the first time, her hope of Jiyong changing died. She doesn’t know how long they’ll last but she let the numbness took over her, letting it enveloped her that she found herself giggling. What started to be a fit of giggles, turned into soft chuckles until she finally broke into a manic laughter.
 
Every eye turned to her now. Her laughter caused unsettlement and fear to the ones who were chained up against the wall with her. Some even had goosebumps. Her laughter – it contained something fearful. A laugh should be a happy sound but there was an icy-cold hatred in it that seeps through the bones.
 
“What’s so funny?” Sulli lightly asked, tilting her head to the side, looking rather amused.
 
“Everything!” Dara laughed. “Everything’s funny especially YOU! Imagine, you went through all of these just to see me suffering? Am I really that special for you to waste time and effort to? Seriously, you’re so funny! Not to say a low-life ing !”
 
She had never sworn before but now that she did, she can’t believe how good it felt. It felt so damn good.
 
“Watch your mouth, Dara” Sulli warned.
 
“Or what? You’re going to kill my friends? Have with Jiyong in front of me again? Or better yet, kill me? Well, go ahead. Do your thing! I’d be happy to cooperate because right now, I don’t really ing care anymore” she hissed then burs tout laughing again. “Wow. That felt good. I didn’t know swearing can be so ing pleasurable. Damn, I should swear more often”
 
Sulli stared at her which was returned lightly by Dara. She watched carefully for any signs of fear in Sulli’s face but even before she could say she did see a tinge of fear in her eyes, the other girl smiled.
 
“You amuse me, Dara” Sulli said.
 
“Really?” Dara returned slightly.
 
“True” Sulli nodded. “Now I feel like giving you a reward for amusing me”
 
“Wow” Dara exaggerated. “I’m flattered”
 
Sulli’s eyes narrowed for a moment but it quickly faded away. “You should be”
 
“What is it, then?”
 
Sulli sweetly smiled. “A prediction”
 
“Pfft” Dara scoffed. “I already knew about that”
 
“I know” Sulli said. “But you don’t know the truth. All of you don’t know the truth. You see, the prediction about you and Jaejoong being destined together was a lie”
 
Bom suddenly made protesting sounds upon hearing this.
 
“Oh, for sure the fortune teller was the real thing, or should I say the seer” Sulli waved off. “With my charms, I was able to ask what she sees in regards to Jiyong’s future and she said this and that. She also mentioned Jaejoong’s arrival. Upon hearing it, a plan suddenly formed in my mind so I kind of messed with her mind to change half of the prediction. I was just so sure Bom would go there, dragging Jiyong with her”
 
“You planned this all along” Jaejoong gritted.
 
“Oh yes, I did. You would not believe how I enjoyed all the drama” she laughed then turned to Jiyong. “I’m sorry to tell you this my dear but I enjoyed watching how you struggled not to. . . get involved with her”
 
“It doesn’t matter” Jiyong carelessly said. “I don’t feel that way anymore”
 
“He’s right” Dara butted in. “I don’t care if Jae’s not my soulmate. I already made a choice and I chose him”
 
“Oh, really?” Sulli smiled. “You see, that’s kind of hard to believe. I planned it all, Dara. My attacks on you were on and off because I wanted you to get close to Jiyong that’s why most of the times, I only attack you when you’re with him but of course, there were times that I just wanted to see if I can control you already and there were times that I just wanted to attack you. I baldy wanted you to fall heads on with Jiyong so you’ll be hurt as hell when the day comes that Jiyong walks to my arms. Oh yes, I knew he’d come to me after he finds out who I really am. I already saw the hunger and greed for power in him. So, when Jaejoong was away, I lay low and let you fall deeper for him. The deeper the emotion, the better. I admit I got pissed at some point of the game, though. and then, I saw it happened. I saw the greatest part of my game happened. Jiyong actually cared for you. You can’t imagine how happy I was when he chose to follow the monster inside him than what he feels for you. It was euphoric! Though I admit at first, I thought you succeeded in changing his way of thinking but look at him now!”
 
A smirk curved Dara’s lips. “Huh! Congratulations! You two look good together. I even think you match very well with him. Both of you are nothing but slimy ing leeches! Enjoy your time while you’re at it because Kwon Jiyong’s the greatest liar I’ve ever known. You really don’t want to get heartbroken, do you?”
 
As fast as the speed of lightning, Sulli was in front of Dara, her hand went to her neck. “Don’t mock me, Dara”
 
Dara spat at her face in response. Sulli went still for a moment. She then whipped the saliva off her face and backhanded her.
 
“Is that all you can do, ?” Dara challenged.
 
Sulli’s hand went for her neck again, her grip tightening. “Do you really want to know EVERYTHING I’ve got?”
 
Dara managed a grimace and a scowl.
 
“What are you scowling at?” Sulli snapped.
 
“Your eyes look ugly”
 
Sulli’s red eyes went deeper as her hair was now eerily floated around her head. Without warning, Dara’s back arched, her eyes rolled back in her head as dropped open but she willed herself not to scream as million kinds of pain hit her body. And when it ended, she laughed.
 
“That all you got?” she mocked Sulli again.
 
It went on and on again until at the fifth torture, Dara couldn’t take it anymore. She gave an unearthly scream. The whole place started trembling as Sulli’s irritation went deeper and deeper. The walls were now starting to crack up as she continued inflicting pain on Dara without even touching her.
 
“You’re gonna pay for this!” Jaejoong roared.
 
Sulli ignored Jaejoong’s outburst. She was too absorbed in making the girl suffer. She went in a little deeper, making Dara thrashed wildly in her place. Then, her body started shaking hard as if she’s having a convulsion. A smile curved Sulli’s lips as she watched her former friend writhed and screamed in agony.
 
“Sulli” Jiyong irritably called. “Can you keep shut while you’re torturing her? My ears are complaining already”
 
Sulli then blinked, her eyes going back to normal. She stepped away and faced Jiyong. In doing so, Dara stopped writhing and screaming. She weakly panted as her sweat covered her body. She closed her eyes and hung her head low. Oh, how she wants to lie down and rest but since she was chained up against the wall, she didn’t really have that much of a choice.
 
“Sorry about that” Sulli said. “I got carried away”
 
“She was obviously trying to get through you. You shouldn’t have wasted your strength and time for someone like her” Jiyong told her.
 
“I can’t help it. She’s annoying!” she whined.
 
“Yeah, tell me all about it. I already experienced how annoying she can be firsthand”
 
“Cowards” Dara snorted loudly, ignoring how her body was still shaking from what Sulli did to her.
 
“Who are you calling cowards?” Sulli asked sweetly.
 
Dara looked up with a cynical smile. “You” she said. “You and Jiyong. Both of you are cowards! You both depend and hide behind your abilities to hurt people”
 
Sulli closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. “You just reached the limit of my patience, Dara”
 
“Why, thank you” Dara returned happily. “I’m flattered”
 
Sulli opened her eyes and looked at her old friend. “I admire this courage you’re showing right now, my dear friend. But that doesn’t give you the advantage of winning this game. I already won”
 
“It’s not the end yet” Jaejoong butted in.
 
Sulli laughed out loud. “Oh so you think you still got a chance of winning?”
 
“As long as the game’s not yet done, it could be anybody’s game” Jaejoong gritted.
 
“Okay” Sulli shrugged. “I’m not supposed to end this game yet but I don’t really want to keep your hopes up so I’ll end this once and for all” she announced then turned to Jiyong. “Jiyong, I want you to take Dara’s life”
 
“What?” Jiyong clarified.
 
“The fifth condition” Sulli said. “Is to kill Sandara Park”
 
“No” Jaejoong protested. “I won’t let you!”
 
“You don’t really have a choice, Jaejoong” Sulli rolled her eyes and kept her gaze on Jiyong, who turned utterly quiet. “Having cold feet?” she asked.
 
“Of course not” Jiyong answered quietly. “How do you like her death to be?”
 
“Wait!” Jaejoong interrupted. “You love making deals, don’t you Sulli? I’ll make you a deal”
 
“I’m not interested” Sulli dismissed.
 
“Wait” Jiyong frowned. “Let’s hear him out”
 
Sulli sighed impatiently then glared at Jaejoong. “What is it?”
 
“A duel” he said. “I’ll duel with Jiyong. If I win, you’ll let Dara live. If I don’t proceed with your plan”
 
~JAEJOONG’S POV~
 
I watched how Sulli’s expression changed into something electrifying. A grin spread across her face until she burst out laughing. I took the chance to glance at Jiyong while the masked shadow was busy laughing her head off. I saw the puzzled look in his eyes. As hard as I know it is, I gave a tiny nod.
 
“Wow” Sulli laughed. “I didn’t know you’re this creative”
 
“How flattering” I grimaced.
 
“You’re really very good, Jiyong” Sulli turned to him. “I’m glad I listened to you. This would be fun. What do you think? Are you game?”
 
“Of course” Jiyong smirked.
 
“You won’t let me down, right?” Sulli cooed.
 
“You know you can count on me” Jiyong confidently said and leaned down to claim Sulli’s lips. “You taught me well, remember?” he huskily asked as he pulled away from the kiss.
 
“I know” Sulli smiled then tap his cheek gently. “Go and have some fun”
 
With a snap if her fingers, I was freed from the wall. I gently massaged my wrists and stretched out a bit while Jiyong was pretty much doing the some stretching, too.
 
“Jae” Dara’s soft voice entered my ears. I turned to face her. “You don’t have to do this”
 
I went to her. Upon reaching her, I cupped her face in my hands. “It’s okay” I told her.
 
“I don’t want to lose you, too” she whispered in a pleading voice. “I don’t want to see you get hurt in front of me. I’m not going to take it anymore. Please, don’t do this”
 
“I told you, I love you” I said. “And I’ll do anything to keep you alive”
 
“I love you, too” she sobbed.
 
“I know that” he chuckled. And to my surprise, she suddenly leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. I know her love for me would always be a platonic one but the kiss. . . . the moment took me by surprise that I wasn’t able to react at once. Then, a warm and glorious feeling enveloped my whole being. I am so ready to face Jiyong now! But the kiss didn’t end there. What I thought to be a simple peck turned out to be a not-so-simple-peck. Her lips started moving, gently brushing against mine. Her tongue was urging my lips to part. Taken by the moment once again, I obliged. It took me a while to take the lead from her. What was once a gentle kiss became deeper as the time passed by.
 
“Let them be for a while” I heard a voice from somewhere. “Don’t be too impatient in fighting him. They’re going to die later, anyways. Let’s give them this as a death gift”
 
“Mmm” Dara mumbled as I kissed her deeper, my tongue danced with hers. I can’t help but feel elated as she kissed me back with equal fervor. It was just like the old times. When I started getting out of breath, I broke the kiss and leaned my forehead against hers.
 
“Thank you” I whispered. She smiled then gave me a peck.
 
“Go defeat him for me” she said. “I’ll wait for you”
 
----------------------------------------------------
* @midori: thanks for this REVIEW!
 
QUESTION: (You're not obliged to answer but I'll be glad to hear your thoughts)
IF I WERE TO WRITE A NEW FIC, WHAT GENRE/S OR THEME/S WOULD YOU LIKE TO ME TO PUT IN?
 
The Shadows2 cr. to daragonlai
version 2 of the banner used in this chap.. :D
 
EDIT!!!!!
This just came in!! new banner from anonyMOEs
(7-22) The Shadows by anonyMOEs