The Alley

The Shadows

We still went to watch a movie but my mind was drifting. I can’t force myself to concentrate on the movie. Jae asked me if I was alright a few times and all I can afford was a nod. After attempting to enjoy ourselves, we decided to just call it a night. I felt band and guilty for being so quiet but I’m grateful Jae let me be. That’s one of his traits that I love the most. He just stays quiet and doesn’t press me any further. He would just let me feel that he’s just beside me. As I reading my mind, he squeezed my hand as he took a left turn on the road. I squeezed his hand back and sighed.

I turned to him and managed to smile as soon as the car stopped right in front of the house.

“Thanks” I mumbled, “for tonight”

He smiled wistfully. “It wasn’t the night I hoped for but I’m still happy that I got to spend it with you”

“Me, too”

I leaned to him for a kiss, which was received quite enthusiastically. As expected, a shiver ran down my spine. I drowned myself with the sensation his lips were creating because for a moment, I just want to forget about everything else. For a moment, I just want to think about him. For a moment, I just want it to be the two of us. I leaned closer, my hands resting on his shoulders. One of his hand went to my nape, locking my lips in place. His tongue commanded my lips to open, which I gladly followed.

I was left breathless when the kiss ended.

“It’s so unfair!” I half whined, half exclaimed.

“What is?” he asked, leaning his forehead against mine.

“How come you’re so calm after we kiss while I’m always breathless?”

He let out a light laugh. “I may look calm on the outside” he said and took my hand. He placed it on his chest, right over his beating heart. “But this isn’t. can you feel the hard pounding of it?” he whispered.

I glanced up. I can’t help but think that maybe he is really the one who’s destined for me. I’ve never been in love with one person this long.

“I love you” I whispered, smiling a little.

He gave me one of his blinding smile. “I love you, too”

I immediately looked out the window the moment I entered my room. My shoulders fell when I saw that the light were off from my neighbor’s room.

He’s not home.

o=o=o

I frowned as I saw a group of students whispering and crowded over something on the school ground. I squeezed myself in and gasped as I saw Yunhwan’s lifeless body on the ground. I looked up and searched for a hooded figure. Not too long, I saw him. He looked up and smirked. Then, he walked away.

Of course, everyone already knew what happened between Kwon Jiyong and Yunhwan last weekend. And now, everyone’s speculating that he killed Yunhwan. As the day progresses, the talks didn’t die down until I heard that Kwon Jiyong was called to the office with some cops waiting for him there. Even my friends were talking about him. I didn’t say anything. I kept my silence the whole time. I was fidgeting in my seat when I saw a dark figure walked past the door. I quickly raised my hand.

“I need to go to the comfort room” I said and quickly ran out. I looked around and saw him turned right. I followed.

When I turned right, I saw the door that leads to the back part of the school. I heard loud curses even before I opened the door. I stepped out.

“Kwon Jiyong” I called. He looked up sharply, eyes blazing. I saw him made way towards me, grabbed my arm forcefully and pushed me against the wall. I winced from pain. He loomed in front of me, hands on either side of my head.

“I told you to stay away from me!”

“What happened to Yunhwan?”

“I killed him” he gritted.

“Why?”

He punched the wall, making me flinch. Slowly, I felt his hand went to my neck. As much as I don’t want to, I started to panic. Then, his hand tightened around my neck, making me choke.

“What are you doing?” I gasped.

“I’ve been wanting to stangle you”

“Let her go!” a voice joined us. I instantly recognized the voice as Jae’s. I gasped again as Kwon Jiyong’s grip on my neck tightened even more. “I said let her go!” Jae repeated, pulling Jiyong’s hand off my neck and pushed him aside.

I slid down the ground, gasping for breath. My eyes widened as I saw Jae jumped then punched Jiyong down. The impact and intensity of the blow was too strong that I think I heard Jiyong’s neck snapped. With my hands leaning against the wall for support, I forced myself to stand up.

“D-did. . . did you kill him?”

Jae turned to me and pulled me for a hug. “No” he whispered. “he just lost consciousness”

“How did you. . .?” I trailed, pulling myself back a little.

“I- I don’t know either” he said. “I guess I just got mad when I saw what he was doing to you”

I’m about to argue but he pulled me back in his arms again. I felt him kissed my hair gently.

“He’s not himself” I defended Jiyong.

“Shh” he shushed. “Let’s not talk about it for a while”

o=o=o

~AUTHOR’S POV~

“Kwon Jiyong’s not like that!”

He stepped back into the shadows and tried to hear out the argument from his neighbor.

“No!” he heard the girl growled. “I’ll befriend whoever I want!”

There was a moment of silence.

“Sandara Park! Come back here!”

There was a loud bang. He saw the girl walked to her car angrily. She stepped into her car. He saw her wiped something from her cheeks then she sped off.

He can’t seem to pull of a reason as to why she’s acting that way. He can’t understand her. A beeping sound brought him back to his senses. He looked at his watch and saw it’s eleven in the evening already. He put his hands in his jacket pockets and started walking.

Meanwhile, Dara was driving with no destination in mind. She took an unsteady breath and took her phone out. She pressed the number three.

“Jae?”

“Hey” the boy greeted. “It’s late. Why are you still awake?”

“Are you busy?” she asked.

“Are you crying?” he asked back, alarmed.

“A bit” she admitted.

“Why? What happened?”

“I ha a fight with Mom” she sniffed. “Listen, can we meet up? I really need someone to talk to”

“Okay, where are you?”

“I’m driving. Let’s meet at the port”

“Got that. She there in a while and drive safely”

“I will. I love you”

“Love you, too” he returned.

She tossed the phone aside and sped the car off, unaware that a crow was silently following her.

The crow landed on the car’s roof as soon as the girl got off the vehicle. Its black eyes closely watched the girl as she hugged herself when a soft wind blew her way. She stood there in the port, pacing. A while later, another car arrived. A boy stepped out of it and quickly ran to the girl. The girl, sensing her company arrived, turned around and threw herself in the latter’s arms.

The bird then spread its wings and took off. He flew to a faraway dimly-lit alley. The crow slowly lost its altitude. The fluttering of wings was now replaced by quiet and careless footsteps.

He tensed as he heard a movement from behind him. He immediately turned around. There, a few inches from him was Sulli, staring at him with wide eyes.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------
*a/n: It's better to hear criticisms from an honest heart than hear praises born from a lying tongue. . .

 

- - - thanks to those people who never stops supporting me!!! :D :D :D

 

banner by daragonlai