The News

The Shadows

o=o=o

I don’t know what came to me. Maybe I’m possessed or plain stupid or simply friendly. Maybe I just find it funny and odd at the same time. Maybe I find him intriguing. Maybe I was just grateful that he helped me before. I don’t know but I just found my self always “bothering” him. But I’m not doing it in the open, of course. That’ll be social suicide. Then, there’s also Kwon Jiyong everytime he sees me, his face would always go dark. So maybe I just enjoy pissing him off. Everytime he threatens me that I’ll get a taste of his wrath, he never really put them into actions so I’m quite confident that he’s not going to hurt me, though I admit that there were times that I get really scared of him with the way he smirks, sneers, looks at me or when he’s spitting his words out.

I slumped myself beside Dad. Kwon Jiyong was not home again. I guess he doesn’t really want me to come banging in his door. I sighed. Dad was watching TV while Mom’s in the kitchen, preparing our dinner. I wasn’t really paying much attention to the news but I suddenly straightened up as I saw his face on the screen. I listened carefully. The anchor said that there’s been a raid in a warehouse. Someone gave the cops a tip that there’s been underage and illegal gambling going on there. Also, there’s been some kind of underground matches going on, too. The camera suddenly focused on Kwon Jiyong but he wasn’t looking at the camera. he had this smirk on his face that tells me he find the situation very amusing and absurd.

There were a few bruises and cuts on his face. But he looked satisfied with something. The anchor then gave out the names of the others who got caught. There’s Lee Seungri, Dong Youngbae, Park Bom, Lee Chaerin, Hwang Yesuk, Seo Kwang Li and many more. I was pretty surprised that there were girls involved. I bit my lower lip down. I suddenly jolted to my feet and ran up to my room. After a while, I sprinted back downstairs, breathing hard.

“Dad, I need your help” I panted.

I was biting down my nails while Dad was quietly driving.

“Why are we going there, anyway?” he asked.

“I want to bail Kwon Jiyong out”

I knew it was coming so I wasn’t really surprise when Dad suddenly stepped on the break and started yelling. I want to telling him about what happened last year, when he took me in his room when I was too drunk (which was greeted by another outburst from Dad), among other things.

“Please, just trust me this once” I begged.

“I can’t understand why you wanna help him”

“I just feel like I owe him” I mumbled.

Dad sighed. “Just don’t expect me to help you from your Mom. You know she is. And don’t drag me into it”

When Dad started the engine, he kept on sighing which made me roll my eyes. “Spill it out, Dad”

“Do you know what he did? Can you not remember what he did to his father? Or haven’t you heard the rumors about him and his family?”

“He’s not like that!” I defensively said. “And his father deserved what happened to him. He’s a monster! He’s been abusing Jiyong and his mother in every way! You don’t know him”

“And you do?”

I didn’t answer. I thought I knew him. I thought he’s the kind of person the rumors were saying. But it seems like they’re just rumors – plain rumors.

“Your Mom’s not going to take this easily” I heard him mumble.

When we arrived at the station, we immediately told the officer our purpose. He called one of his colleagues o free Kwon Jiyong. From my place, I heard the officer called him and told him he’s free to go.

“Are you trying to be funny?” Jiyong snapped.

“Someone bailed you out. You better get your up or you’ll spend the rest of your life here”

“Someone bailed you out?” I heard a male voice. “Seriously?”

There were footsteps.

“It’s a girl!”

“You got a girlfriend? Why didn’t you tell us?”

“Shut up, Seungri” Jiyong hissed.

He finally emerged. There was a look of frustration mixed with anger and disbelief in his face when he saw me.

“Hi!” I greeted. His eyes moved from me to Dad. I saw his jaw clenched. I almost staggered when he looked back at me with dagger eyes and walked past by me. I followed him, with Dad trailing behind me. When we, were outside, he sharply turned to me.

“I told you not to bother me anymore, didn’t I?”

“Yes” I stiffly answered.

“Then why are you here?!?”

“Hey, hey” Dad interfered. “Don’t raise your voice like that to my daughter! She was just being kind and this is the way you repay her?”

“I didn’t ask her help. I don’t want it, either” Jiyong hissed.

“Why you-!”

“Dad!” I voiced out. “It’s okay”

Dad looked down at me. “You just wasted your savings for nothing!”

Dad stormed away. I stood frozen in my spot.

“You used your savings to bail me out?” Jiyong sneered. “Are you out of your mind?!?”

“Dara!” I heard Dad called.

“Coming!” I called back. I turned back to Jiyong. “Let’s go?”

“What the ing hell are you talking about?”

“You’re riding with us. The-“

“No, I’m not. I prefer to walk” he cut off.

“Then I’ll walk with you”

“Jesus!” he exhaled. “Why are you so damn . . .?!? Ugh! For once, be rational! Do you know how far your house is from here? And did you forget who I am? I’m a criminal, Dara! A murderer!”

He called me by my name! I felt a smile curved my lips. Gosh! What’s happening to me? I must be really out of my mind. Here he is, yelling his lungs out but instead of cringing away, I’m smiling!

“Dad’s waiting. He’s not that patient” I said instead. “If you’ll walk, I’ll walk with you. I don’t want to fight with Dad when he’s driving. For sure, he’ll be shouting at me, too. But if you’re there, he won’t be doing that. He doesn’t really want to embarrass me in front of other people. By the time we arrive at the house, he’ll be calm already. I’ll just have to face Mom, though I’d rather not because-“

“Fine!” he hissed. “Meeting you is the biggest mistake I ever had”

“That’s really rude”

“The truth hurts” he casually shrugged. “Lead the way to the car”

I glared at him first before stormily walked to the car. Dad was already inside, drumming his fingers on the wheel impatiently.

“Sh*t!” Kwon Jiyong cursed. “Why the ing hell did I end up in this situation?”

“Get in” I told him. I went in the passenger seat while he went into the backseat.

Just like I predicted, Dad didn’t say anything during the whole ride. By the time we arrived home, I was pretty sure his anger subsided already.

“Dad, go ahead. I just need a word with him” I said. Dad gave me a disapproving look. He opened his mouth as if to argue but he changed his mind. He sighed heavily and went inside. I faced Kwon Jiyong the moment Dad was already inside.

“What now?” he snapped. “If you’re expecting me to say thank you, then you’re just wasting your time because I’ll –“

“No” I cut him off. “I just stayed behind to say goodnight. Goodnight, Kwon Jiyong”

He looked taken aback but I didn’t linger behind to see or hear if he’s going to respond to what I said. I quickly ran to the house, opened the door, went in and closed it behind me. I stopped short as I saw Mom’s dangerous look.

Oh dear, I’m in deep trouble. Deep, deep trouble.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------
*a/n: kind of short, sorry.. keke.. i'm not supposed to update this until i posted 12 or 15 chapters of unmask but since a dear reader made a banner for me again, i felt obliged. lol, kidding!!

Seriously though, thanks so much for making banners for me even if i didn't ask you to!! KAMSAHAMNIDA!!!!

Oh, the banner is made by wowthankyouimissyou

Keep the Daragon faith alive!
xoxo
hagocimit
-----------------------------------------------------------