Conversation

New School

No One’s POV:

Minhyuk and Peniel walked out of the arcade, into the café, ordered their drinks, and sat down at a table.

“What’s wrong?” Minhyuk asks as he leaning on his hand, elbow on the table.

“W-What do you mean?” Peniel stutters slightly.

“I mean…. It’s kind of obvious that something’s bothering you.” Minhyuk states as he leans back on his chair, crossing his arms across his chest.

“I’m fine…. Don’t worry about it…. ….” Peniel says looking away and at the cup in front of him, mumbling the last part.

“It doesn’t look like your Fine. Tell me…. What’s on your mind?” Minhyuk asks once more after he takes a sip from his drink.

“…. I don’t know if I can tell you…. It’s not that I don’t trust you hyung, but it just…. It kind of….” Peniel says, but starts trailing off.

“It kind of what?” Minhyuk asks, eyes getting full of curiosity.

“It kind of… involves you and Ilhoon….” Peniel says in a very quiet voice that was barely audible, unsure if he wanted the older to hear him.

“What?” Minhyuk asks, leaning in slightly, unsure what the younger said.

“It kind of involves you and Ilhoon.” Peniel repeats louder, looking up at the older.

“What do you mean?” Minhyuk asks, eyebrows knotting in confusion.

“Sungjae’s in love with Ilhoon….” Peniel says as he sets down his cup after taking a sip.

“I’m sorry.” Minhyuk says.

“Why?” Peniel asks, confused.

“Without me, he wouldn’t be worrying you.” Minhyuk says.

“No hyung. I have never seen Ilhoon so…. Happy with someone before. Even if Sungjae confessed his feelings, Ilhoon wouldn’t accept him more than a friend.” Peniel states with a smile.

“And, sure…. He is worrying me, but that’s not what’s bothering me.” Peniel admits after taking another mouthful of his drink.

“What’s bothering you then?” Minhyuk asks curiously after he lets out a breath that he didn’t even know he was holding.

“I’m in love with Sungjae.” Peniel admits after a while of silence.

“Then why don’t you tell him?” Minhyuk asks, a small smirk forming on his lips.

“I don’t want to risk our friendship…. It might get awkward if he rejects me.” Peniel says as he picks up his cup and brings it to his lips.

“It’s better to take a risk…. Isn’t it?” Minhyuk asks pulling his cup to his lips and taking in a mouthful of the liquid and let the cool liquid slide down his throat as he watches Peniel place his cup down.

“I guess, but-“ Peniel starts saying, but soon gets cut off by the older.

“Take the risk. I saw the way that Sungjae looked at us when we walked out of the arcade.” Minhyuk says with a smirk.

“What do you mean?”

“Take the risk. If you guys are really close like Ilhoon says and I think you are, your friendship wont break down that easily.” Minhyuk says as he gets up and throws his empty cup out in the trash.

“Let’s go back to the arcade shall we?” Minhyuk says as he slips his hands in his pockets and turns his back to walks away.

“And Donggeun-ah….” Minhyuk says as he turns around to find Peniel getting up, empty cup in his hands.

Peniel looks up, when he hears his name being called.

“Think about what I said. To confess or not to confess is up to you, just do what you think is necessary.” Minhyuk says with a smirk before he turns back around and leaves the café to walk back into the arcade.

Peniel freezes in his spot, but soon comes back to reality when he hears the chimes ring when Minhyuk opens the door.

What Minhyuk said, still lingered in his mind as he threw out his cup and walked out of the café.

Should I confess? Both Daehyun and Minhyuk says that I should….

Peniel thinks to himself as he walks into the arcade and up to Sungjae (Who had his hands in his pockets watching the others), Jongup (Who had one of his arms wrapped around Zelo’s waist), Eunkwang (Who had his arms crossed over his chest was watching the two maknae lines), Zelo (Who was laughing beside Ilhoon, arm wrapped around Jongup’s shoulder), Ilhoon (Who was laughing beside Zelo, hands on Minhyuk’s arms) and Minhyuk (Who had his arms wrapped around Ilhoon’s waist and his chin resting on Ilhoon’s shoulder). Peniel smiles, walking up to Sungjae and slinging an arm around Sungjae. This action catches the attention of Minhyuk who smiles before he returns his attention to the screen in front of them.

I’ll only tell Sungjae if one more person tells me to…. I’ll only tell him if Ilhoon wants me too….

 

To be continued….