Chapter 29

All started from a simple bump

It was another day for xuan, just practicing and practicing. Around evening, her unnies asked her to go to the cafeteria to buy some food for everyone. Being the maknae she was, she agree and headed to the cafeteria.

But instead of seeing the usual way the cafeteria was, she saw hearts everywhere.

Red and white filled the place,

A screen was directly in front of her, and the moment she stepped in, a clip started playing.

Kai had spent the whole entire night to make the clip. It show their memories, all the selcas they took together.

All the memories they had since they met, everything was shown.

After the clip ended, xuan took a good look at her surroundings.

She could see it was prepared nicely and sincerely beforehand.

Suddenly, a light flash at a corner,

Lay was playing the piano,

Chanyeol was playing the guitar,

D.O, Chen, Baekhyun and Luhan was singing.

Singing open arms, the first song that exo heard from xuan.

The song that sort of brought them together.

Once the song ended, the light flash towards the front, instead of a screen, it was kai.

“Those memories that you just saw, did you forget them?”

Xuan shooked her head.

“I didn’t too, it’s the most precious thing I never wanted to forget. I guess you would have guess what I want to do now.”

Kai paused for awhile before continuing again.

“I may not be the most perfect man, I may not be able to be the man every girl wants for you, I may not be able to hold your hands in public and walk down the streets, enjoying the scenery, shopping with you, I may not be able to publicly call you mine, I may not be able to be with you all the times, I may not be able to post our photos to the whole world showing that you are mine, I may have to be close with other girls, I may have to lie that I don’t have a girlfriend, I may have to pretend that we aren’t a couple outside, but still would you be my girlfriend?”

“I promise to love you forever, I promise to let you be my top priority, I promise to be there for you”

During kai confession, xuan was tearing up, she felt stupid that she didn’t realize kai feelings earlier, no one had done such a thing for her, no one had ever.

“Oppa… You are the most perfect man I ever met on earth, you are the man every girl want, its okay if we can’t hold our hands in public, it’s okay if we can’t do what normal couple do, it’s okay if you have to lie, because I have too.”

“oppa, you are the best that ever happen to me, you were always there for me, you help me in every way you could, you make me feel something that no one had ever let me, I was foolish for not realizing the feeling was non other than love”

“I want to have more memories with you, not just any other memories but a special memory”

“Xuan-ahh..”

 

Slowly both of them walked towards each other, tears streaming down both of their face, as soon as they were near each other, they reach up their hands to brush away the tears.

“So is that a yes?”

Xuan didn’t answer, instead she tiptoe to reach kai height, putting her hands on his shoulders for support and planting her lips on his.

Her small lips fitting perfectly on his as though they are meant for him.

Kai was shocked but soon after he relaxed and close his eyes, enjoying the kiss.

After minutes, xuan pulled off first, panting for air.

They touch their forehead together and said the three words that many had said to them but none making them fluttered.

“I love you”