Chapter 24

All started from a simple bump

The chaos died down after SM released an official statement. And the girls successfully debuted on sbs inkigayo! Starting from then, there weren’t free, pack schedules and on top of all, xuan still had schooling. But she never once said she was tired nor show any tiredness when she’s with others.

But she doesn’t know why but when she’s with kai she always let her guard down, she was being herself when she was with kai, no pretend, and kai was there to give her support. The dance studio in the girls dorm became their frequent hang out spot.

Kai would always beg his favorite kyungsoo hyung to help him pack lunchbox, would always find tons of excuses to escape his hyungs and it was all because of xuan. He didn’t complain since he knew xuan was probably a hundred times worst than him.

Xuan was happy to have kai, to have him by her side, kai promise that he will always be there for her and he did.

 

Soon it was xuan birthday yet again, everyone help plan a small party for xuan. She received present from everyone, her unnies, her sunbaes and her fans but there was someone who had yet to give her a present.

Kai.

Feeling upset, xuan continue to try to act as if she was having fun, she could fool everyone but not kai.

Sad that I didn’t give you your presents? Don’t worry, they say leave the best part to the end. Kai thought.

An hour before the time turn 12 midnight, kai pulled her out of the party secretly and drove back to her dorm with the help of her manager oppa.

‘Oppa! What are you doing!”

“You were see later!”

“tell me”

“no”

“please?”

“aegyo doesn’t work this time’

“fine”

Kai looked at xuan who was pouting and couldn’t help but to chuckle seeing her angry face.

Once they reach the dorm, they went to their frequent hang out place, the dance studio.

“Now can you tell me?”

“Are you mad that I didn’t give you your present?”

“An…ani’

“liar!”

“fine I did. Now what?! Don’t tell me you brought me here just to tell me this, if you really are then I’m going”

“Don’t go”

Kai said and swiftly pulled xuan into his embrace, his warm chest connecting with xuan head.

“My present is here”

“huh?!”

“sit down”

Xuan obeyed and sat down at the front of the studio, kai than pulled out his phone, bring it to the speakers and blast a song.

Kai prepared a special present for her, his self-choreographed dance.

He spent days and night trying to choreograph it without the help of anyone and he almost went crazy trying to perfect it.

Halfway through the song, kai stop and approached xuan and asked,

“Care to dance with this handsome guy?”

“Bwo?!”

“ppaliii!”

“Arraso!”

Xuan slipped her hand into kai hands, her small hands fitting perfectly on his hands, they dance to the slow rhythm, they didn’t know the dance moves beforehand, they just went with their instincts, and they choreograph and dance it on the spot.

Their eyes never leaving each other until when kai stopped.

 “oppa wae?”

“My last present”

With the last word, kai leaned in and plant a kiss on to xuan lips. Xuan was shock but slowly she close her eyes and enjoy the slow and gentle kiss.

After what seems like years, they pulled apart, a distinct blush appear on xuan white cheeks.

“Someone is shy eh!”

“oppa!”

When the clock strikes at 11.59.59,

“Saengil chukka!”

“Gomawo oppa, the best present I ever had”

And they ended xuan birthday with a warmth hug.