Chapter 22

All started from a simple bump

“hello?”

“Kai-ah?!”

“Haneul noona?”

“Yesh is me, I don’t know why but my brain tell me to call you, erm..”

“It’s about xuan right?! Noona tell me! Ppali!!”

‘chill! She fell during rehearsal and her wiast hit directly on the staircase, I know she’s in pain and she’s enduring it and she appears to be fine but in actual fact no”

“BWO?! Aish that girl!”

“Kai-ah, do noona a favor?”

“Anything for noona”

“Could you fly here now? Please? Xuan needs you, I can see that, please?”

“Arasso noona, I don’t have schedule anyway, but manager hyung…”

“It’s okay, he know already”

 

Haneul apparently contacted Lee Soo Man straight after she finish attending to xuan and he told her to call kai and ask him to fly here now in secret.

 

Hours later, kai reached Beijing and one of the girls manager went to fetch him, everything was done in secret, and it was going as planned. All the staffs know that kai was coming, all except xuan, they promise to keep a secret to her.

Soon, the showcase started, the audience can’t find out that xuan was injured, she covered it up so well that no one could see anything wrong with her, but the staff, exo and her unnies knew best. She was sweating thrice as much as she usually would and her fist would clenched unknowingly. But despite being in pain, she still managed to smile and laugh and joke and talk like nothing happen at all.

Seeing xuan like that, kai can’t help but to feel useless. He knew she was in pain, he knew she was going to collapse anytime, he knew how awful she felt, but he couldn’t do anything, all he could do was just pray that she was going to fine, how he wish he was the one who would feel all those pains.

“jong in-ah…”

“Luhan hyung?!”

“It hurts right?”

“Hyung”

“shh… let hyung finish talking”

“uh..”

“I admit I like xuan, I admit I was angry at you for stealing her away from me, but then I realize though she was my everything but I was nothing to her, I was just a mere oppa to her nothing more, but you were her everything, she doesn’t know that she love you but everyone could see the way she behaved around you, it’s obvious. And I just wanted to escape reality, I don’t want to face the facts.. Mianhe jong in-ah, hyung was wrong…”

“hyung… I never ever once blame you, it wasn’t your fault that you like xuan, it wasn’t any of us fault, the fault likes in the cruelty of having to only choose one”

“I know, so I’m going to move on and also help both of you”

“Jinjja?!”

“I promise!”

“KIM JONG IN”

“Noona?”

“xuan.. ppali”

“Bwo?! Where?!”

 

It was one of xuan solo stage, her unnies, feeling something bad is going to happen, they stare at xuan from the side. Fortunately, they decided to stare at xuan because her breathing was abnormal, it wasn’t because she was panting or not, her moves are still sharp but something missing in it, the audience wouldn’t be able to find out because of the lighting but her unnies were able to. Haneul immediately went to find kai, she knew that the only person who could give her both mentally and physically support is kai.

While coming down the stairs to the waiting room, xuan wasn’t walking properly, she was swaying around, before she could collapse, kai dash forward and held her tightly in his embrace.

“Opp..oppa…”

“shhh, don’t talk”

In one swift moment, kai carried xuan to the waiting room and laid her down slowly onto the sofa. He was about to leave to find medicine for her when xuan grab his wrist, her eyes connecting to him, telling him not to leave her.

“I won’t leave you, okay? Wait for me, I will get you some medicine”

Luckily for them, that was xuan last solo stage, her unnies stage would help her stall some time and the 15-20 minutes long vcr before the sort of ‘interview’ on stage would help her stall more than enough time.

“feeling better?”

“uh… Oppa why are you here anyway?”

“Why am I here is not important, the important thing now is are you able to withstand any longer?”

“oppa..”

“I won’t force you or ask you to stop performing because I know you won’t listen anyway”

“mianhe..”

“there’s nothing to be sorry about, look at oppa in the eyes”

Their eyes lock, all kai could see in xuan eyes was pain, endurance and determination and all xuan could see in kai eyes was pain and worry.

“The most I could do is to give you support”

Upon finishing that sentence, kai lean in to give a kiss on xuan forehead.

“Endure towards the end, oppa believe in you”

“gomawo oppa, these words is enough to let me withstand through”

“That’s my xuan”