Chapter 2

Don't Marry Me

Don't Speak

The next morning, Taehyung woke up first; he felt weight on his whole body. He looked down and saw that Nara was hugging him, not in the normal kind of way, but her arms were all over his chest and her leg was also above his own leg. He couldn’t move for a few minutes, because she was so heavy and he just woke up. No power there.

 

He sighed heavily and pushed Nara to her side of the bed, but his push was too strong and Nara fell to the floor.

 

“What? What happened?” she asked.

“Do you understand the meaning of this line?” Taehyung stood up. “To separate!” he exclaimed.

“What did I do?” Nara asked again, with a little yawn.

“Really? You don’t remember?” he didn’t answer her question and went into the bathroom. He went to the wardrobe and took his school uniform. He came out shirtless.

 

Unfortunately, Taehyung caught her staring at him.

“Stop it!” he exclaimed.

 

“What?” she asked without even noticing her action.

 

“Stop staring. Oh, and I need to tell you something…” he said while buttoning his uniform.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t talk to me at school, like never. Don’t make eye contact with me or bump into me in the hallway.” He explained his demand.

“Isn’t that too much?” she sighed heavily. “People will know anyway—“ Taehyung cut her off before she could even finish her sentence.

“Not unless you tell them” he finishes and went downstairs. “I’m going first” he closed the door and left her.

“So mean. Not even a simple “hi”?” she sighed and went to the bathroom. “He’s right though, I’m not like most girls…” she said in disappointment.

 

She went to the dining room, where her parents and him was sitting. She didn’t want to sit next to him, but there was no other chair other than that one. She applied butter to her bread, without talking to anyone.

 

“How was your night?” her mom asked while cutting her food.

 

Nara was thinking of an answer, but before she could respond Taehyung answered first.

 

“It was fine.” He said with no expression.

 

Liar, it was totally not fine!

 

“Don’t do things that I didn’t expect you to do…” her mom said without even thinking.

“Like what?” she chuckled, knowing the only thing they will do every night is fight over the bed.

 

Without noticing, Taehyung had already finished eating his breakfast and was ready to go to school.

 

“I’ll go first…” he said his goodbyes and went outside.

“Go with him” her mom mouthed. Nara noticed and took her leave too.

She ran up to him, but she didn’t walk by his side, she walked a few steps behind him. Taehyung noticed and stopped in the middle of the way. Nara stopped abruptly too.

 

He turned around and rolled his eyes.

 

“Step back” he ordered and Nara followed his instruction.

 

“Again”

 

“Again?”

 

“Again”

 

“Again”

 

“Again”

 

“Again”

 

He said too much until finally it comes to an end. “Stop!” he shouted.

“I can’t even see you!” she replied.

“That’s the point. Walk exactly 5 meters away from me” he explained and continued walking.

 

Ugh!

 

They finally arrived at school and went to their separate ways. Half of the day Nara managed to do what he asked; no eye contact, no talking, no bumping in the hallway.

 

After lunch, when she wanted to go to her next class she saw Taehyung, who was flirting with his girlfriend. She immediately went to the opposite direction and tried to find another way to her next class without bumping into him.

 

'I know, that he doesn’t like me, but the least he can do is keep him away from other girls.' She thought

She finally managed to get to her next class, but unfortunately she was late and got a detention.

'Damn him, you know what, I don’t care as long as I don’t talk to him or make eye contact it’ll be fine.'

For detention, Nara had to go to the library and put back the uncategorized books. She spent almost two hours and was not even finished yet. Taehyung came into the section that she was cleaning.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked without looking at her, pretending that he was looking for books. Nara didn’t responded and continued her task, walking slowly away from Taehyung.

“Hey! I was talking to you.” He exclaimed with a light voice, because they were  in the library.

“I thought I wasn’t supposed to talk to you at school…” she said with her voice drifting away. She walked away from him as quickly as possible.

 

Nara ended up coming home later than usual. She went to her room and threw herself to bed. Without noticing Taehyung was coming out of the bathroom.

 

“So, are you going to tell me why were you at the library?” he asked simply.

“Should I? I thought you don’t care about me.” She said walking towards the desk and taking out her books.

“I just want to know. Fine, you don’t need to tell me anyway. I was just curious” he explained and turned off the light, but Nara turned the light back on immediately. “What are you doing? I need to sleep!” he exclaimed with his eyes half closed.

“Well, I need to finish my homework. If didn’t have to stay late at school, I wouldn’t have to do any of this” she explained.

“Then tell me why? Why were you there?” he demanded and sat down next to her.

“I got a detention, okay!” she shouted, but not that loud for other people to hear.

“Hmph… What did you do?” he asked with a little laugh.

“Following your stupid orders!” she exclaimed and opened her book to the right page

“Which was…?” he wanted Nara to finish his sentence.

“Not to bump into you in the hall way, that’s why I went to find another way and because of that I was late for my next class. Happy?” she didn’t want to continue the conversation because she was pissed.

 

“You know that rules are supposed to be broken, right?” he said with forming a smirk on his lips.

“Fine! Okay, if that’s what you want. I’ll break them. I break every single one of them. Just see tomorrow… Maybe I’ll do things that you don’t like.” she explained and slammed the bathroom door.

 

Taehyung ran to her, but she was too fast. He knocked on the door a few times, but she didn’t open.

“Hey. Hey, what is that supposed to mean???” he asked, but still no reply.

 

Nara came out after a few minutes and immediately went to bed. Taehyung's eyes followed her hoping that she would respond to his question, but she acted like he was not even there.

 

Taehyung lay next to her and looked at her face for a long time, hoping she’d wake up.

 

“Am I really that pretty?” Nara asked with her eyes closed and opened them to see Taehyung. His face was really close to hers, he was surprised and backed away immediately.

“Tch, please…” he said pretending to deny her.

“By the way, if you’re married and at the same time you’re dating, isn’t that called cheating?” she asked trying to make him feel guilty.

“This whole marriage thing is nothing. This is just for our parents company to collaborate and be better. So, us, this, means nothing” he explained and switched off the lights.

 

Of course, why did I even ask? How could I even compete with his super gorgeous girlfriend? It’s like comparing a swan to a duck. Although, I’m trying to forget him, this doesn’t help me to forget him at all. It makes me to want him more, knowing his mine but not really mine. I guess, I just have to deal with it.

 

The next day at school, Nara planned her revenge on Taehyung. Wherever she passed by him in the hallway, she would always greet him in a girly way, making everyone curious about her.

 

“Hi, Taehyung. I’ll see you later!” She waved her hands with a forced girly smile.

“Taehyung? Who is she? Do you know her?” his girlfriend, Jein asked. “She’s been doing that five times today… It’s really annoying” she explained and walked away.

“I’ll do something about it!” he shouted loud enough for her to hear.

 

She came back to him and whispered, “Get rid of her” she smiled and went to her next class.

 

That night, Nara was already in their room, doing her previous homework that she didn’t finish, when suddenly Taehyung came and abruptly sat next to her and accidentally bumped her hand and ruined her handwriting.

 

“Ah, what are you doing?” she exclaimed.

“What are you trying to do? I told you, not to talk to me or bump into me in the hallway!” he explained.

“Someone told me that rules are meant to be broken.” She said with a smirk on her face.

“This girl. Ugh…”