Chapter 12

Don't Marry Me

Fight to The Finish 

“Hey! Hey, Nara. Wait up!” Jangmi ran towards her, but Nara didn't stop and continued walking. Jangmin kept calling her, until Nara was pissed and stopped in the middle of the way.

“WHAT?” she glared and continued walking.

“Hey, chill…” Jangmi put her hand in Nara’s shoulder and Nara turned around to push her hand away.

“Can you just stay away from me?” she asked with a frown on her face, not wanting to talk to her any longer.

“Seriously? What happened? At least tell me why?” Jangmi shouted.

“I think you’re sober enough to remember what happened…” she turned around and stopped. “Think about it…” Nara finishes off and walked away.

 

The last day is coming and the last game is held, the students have gathered in their group waiting for the announcement. The teacher finally took the students’ attention with a whistle and took out a piece of paper for the instruction.

 

“Today is the last day of the games. So—because we teachers are so nice, we are going to have one game only today, after this game is over you can go straight to dinner and the closing ceremony, we will head back to school the next day after lunch. Now, for the rules of the games;” the teacher clears and continued.

 

“We are going to do a paintball fight. So, each of you can see the flag that the teacher’s are holding—yes, please follow them and they will give you a paint gun and bring you to your spot. Each team members will be located in different places; you are not going to be placed with the people that have the same color as you. Then when everyone’s ready there will be a gunshot fired to sky as a sign that the game has started. This game is simple all you have to do is eliminate the other team—try to survive until the end and the team with the most people standing wins…”she sighed folding the paper and putting it in her pocket. “Now, please follow the teacher with your team color. Oh, and one more thing; if one of your team member’s are disqualified you will know by the smoke that will be shot as a signal.”

 

The group was moving fast and scattered in their place. They are located where no one can see each other and hunt the other teams down. Not so long, the gunshot was fired and Nara started to walk inside the woods, being careful and scanning the area like an eagle. Smoke signals starts to appear and various colors came out.

 

“Seriously?” Nara asked herself, “Well, that was fast…” she sighed and continued wandering around. After a few minutes of trying to find a target, she found one and he didn't even know that someone was going to attack her, because she came from behind and her location was a higher than him. She focused her target and waiting for the right time to pull the trigger.

 

“Stay still…” Nara said to herself.

 

When suddenly, someone pushed her and she fell from her spot. She couldn't find anything to hold on and rolled down, apparently the high spot that she was standing was higher than she thought. She knew that she was pushed, because she felt that someone’s hand was pressed against her clothes. Dried leaves covered her vision and she can’t stop rolling, until she hit herself to a tree, hard enough to make her unconscious.

 

Taehyung heard there was a ruckus; a sound of dried leaves rustling behind him, so he turned around and saw that someone was falling from the high area, he ran towards that place and saw that it was Nara that had fell; he scanned her body, checking if there was any external injuries, he found one on the right side of her head.

 

“Hey! Hey! Wake up! Are you okay?” Taehyung asked, while slowly tapping his hand on her cheek, but Nara gave no respond. He looked around, but there’s no one to be seen—no one that he could ask for help. He put his jacket around her and left. A few minutes later he came back with a teacher, the teacher thanked him and left, while carrying Nara on his back. Seeing them out of sight, Taehyung climbed up and wanted to “investigate” what happened. He thought that Nara wouldn't fall by herself.

 

He knows that he can’t continue to look around because the time is counting down, so he must continue the game.

 

“Jungkook!” Taehyung exclaimed automatically when he sees him.

Jungkook turned around, “Taehyung…” he pointed his gun towards Taehyung hoping to eliminate one, but this time to make him go away.

“Hey, wait, I’m here to talk…” he put his hands up, hoping that Jungkook wouldn't eliminate him that easily.

“Talk about what? I thought we had our “talk” yesterday?” he asked, still pointing the gun at him, trying to be cautious.

“Just, take care of Nara…” Taehyung said with a heavy sigh and walked away.

“What are you my father? I will take care of her, you don't need to tell me what to do…” Jungkook responded and snorted.

Taehyung stopped a few steps and turned to Jungkook, “I know, I’m just making sure…” he explained.

“Well, I’m sure. I would…” Jungkook doesn't want to lose.

“Great” Taehyung said to himself and walked away, looking for other people to shoot.

 

The game finishes in a glimpse, because other people was confused in the woods and got shot by someone, who actually knows how to hunt. The winner was Taehyung’s group and they received a grand prize for winning the last game. Before the dinner and the closing ceremony, the teacher gathered the students for an announcement.

 

“Today, one of your friend is injured during the game. Now, we don't know exactly what happened, but she was found by someone and called us…” The teacher explains, but they didn't mention any names.

 

“Speaking of which; where’s Nara?” Jungkook asked Jangmi, who’s usually hangs around Nara since they came here.

“I don't know, I haven’t seen her in a while though. You don't think, that she’s the one that got injured, right?” Jangmi asked, making sure it wasn't her friend, but other people from other group.

“That, I would like to find out…” Jungkook walked towards the teacher that announced the news just now.

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t tell you who it is…” the teacher said with a disappointed expression plastered all over her face.

“Oh, C’mon. If he or she is one of our friends, shouldn't we at least know? I promise I won’t tell anyone about this, just me.” Jungkook tries to convince the teacher, but she shook her head.

“I heard that her name was Park Nara…” the coach came and whispered to Jungkook from the back.

“Oh my God! Really?” Jungkook exclaimed, “What happened?” he asked.

“That, I don't know…. Sorry, kid” the coach replied and walked towards the dining hall.

 

After dinner, Taehyung asked the teacher for an early dismissal.

“I have stomach ache and I don't feel good, can I please go home?” Taehyung explained, hoping that she would let him. “I have someone, that can take me home, I won’t go alone if that’s what you’re going to ask”

“Fine. I hope you get better soon…” she sighed.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Jungkook blocked his way, before he could walk past out the gates.

“Going home—“

“Why?” Jungkook cut his sentence.

“Because I’m sick, sadly.” Taehyung replied boldly, so that Jungkook wouldn't cut him again.

“You don't look sick…”

“Well, I feel sick, you have a problem with that?”

“Well, no, I guess…” Jungkook slowly move himself out of the way and head back to the dining hall.

 

What is with that guy? Seriously.

 

Taehyung took a turn to the hospital, since he was the one that informs the teacher what happened, the teacher told him the hospital name in exchange. Actually, Taehyung wasn't sick, his only reason was just to come to the hospital to check on Nara.

 

He asked the nurse for her room.

 

“I’m sorry, but this is past the visiting hour. Only family members are allowed to visit at this time…” she explained.

“I am her family” he stated.

“Oh, really? You should’ve mentioned that earlier. What is your relationship with the patient?”

“Do I really need to say it?” he asked.

“Well, I have to put in records which family members goes in and out. It’s procedure.” She explained, prepared with her pen.

“I’m—I’m her…” he sighed heavily, “Husband.”

“May I ask how old are you? You seem very young.”

“Eight teen, but that doesn't matter.” he explained trying to deny the fact.

“Wow, you guys must’ve really love each other… Ah, Young love” the nurse commented.

“No!” Taehyung exclaimed, “I mean, it’s not like that…”

“It’s fine. I understand.” The nurse replied and led him to her room. “Try not to be so loud, her head will hurt.” She noted and Taehyung nodded in response.

“Thank you…”

Taehyung sat by the bed, looking at her who was in deep sleep. He thought that maybe looking at her so intense would wake her up, but no, she didn't move an inch.  It’s been a long time since he stayed and she didn't wake up.

 

He scanned her body and there was a lot of bandage covering her skin, wounds that are visible to his eyes, he feels somehow responsible for what happened.

 

He put his head on her bedside; he’s too sleepy to stay up.

 

“Sorry to disturb, but I need to take her blood for test…” the nurse came in and walked to the left side of the bed, preparing the needles and other materials related.

“Are you sure that's safe?” Taehyung asked with his face full of worries.

“It’s fine. Don't worry; I’ve done this for three years…” the nurse explained.

“I’m sure you have…”

“You might want to look away, I think you don't like needles, don't you?” she asked while the pushed the needles into Nara’s skin

“No, I hate them!” Taehyung didn't look away and ran towards the restroom to barf.

“You should’ve look away when I told you to,” said the nurse simply, pulling out the needles and got the amount of blood she needed. “Good night, to you…” she said with a smile and went out.

 

Damn. That lady just made me barf. Now, I’m hungry. My precious dinner has been gone down the toilet. I’m going to grab some bread downstairs.

 

After buying the bread, he sat in his chair next to her bedside and ate the bread to fill his empty stomache. In the end he rest his head by her hand and fell asleep.