Chapter 19

Don't Marry Me

The Most Beautiful Flower 

“Congratulations.” Taehyung declared with a toneless voice.

 

Nara raised an eyebrow and ignored him. She took her towel and locked the bathroom door. She was too lazy to take a shower, so she washed her face and brushed her teeth instead. A few minutes later she walked out and took her suitcase.

 

“What are you doing?” Taehyung asked, who was still covered with the white blanket with his messy just-woke-up hair.

 

So cute.

 

“Packing up.” Nara replied simply, she stood up and ransacked the closet.

“Already?” he asked, pushing the blanket down and standing up to find the nearest charger outlet and charging his phone.

“I’ll get lazy if I don't do it now.” She started to put in a few clothes and necessary items for the trip.

“Really?” He made sure, “Then can you pack mine as well?” Taehyung asked while crossing his arms around his chest, looking down on her who was kneeling while putting her stuff into her bag.

“What do I get for that?” she looked up to him while raising an eyebrow.

“Umm—Nothing really.” He tried to think of a prize for her, but there was nothing that popped into his head.

“Then no.” she said simply and continued to fill her bags with her stuff.

“If you pack my stuff—“ he tried to think of something to give back, but there was really nothing that popped into his mind.

“You’ll what?” she asked, pushing him to answer, “Clean the room?” she gave a proposition.

“Yes!” Taehyung exclaimed at the idea of cleaning, “What? Cleaning?” he asked realizing what he just did. “Umm… No I take that back!”

“No, you can’t do that! No take backs.” she crossed her arms, “Besides seventy five percent of the dirty laundry is yours, clean those up!” she pointed to the lonely chair in the corner filled with Taehyung’s dirty clothes.

“Ugh! Numbers, I hate numbers or even calculations” He whined. “Okay, fine. Deal!” he offered a hand to Nara and shakes her hand.

 

Nara looked at her right hand, which just has been touched by Taehyung. Although that it was just for a few seconds she could feel his warm and yet smooth hand, her whole body tingled, remembering how smooth his skin is.

 

When can I touch his milky smooth skin again?

 

Nara stopped filling her bag and took another luggage for Taehyung’s stuff. She put in his necessary things and other materials that he wanted to bring for the trip. After spending two full hours on packing up, she remembered that she hadn’t had any breakfast. She went downstairs, directly to the kitchen. She went to the fridge to get some orange juice, but then something caught her nose she turned around following the smell that lead her to the dining table. She saw a freshly cooked ramyeon and a note just behind the plate.

 

“Enjoy. I’ll be gone for a while.”

                        - Love, Mom

 

She put down the note and her eyes sparkles looking at the food in front of her. Her stomach growled a few times and she decided to fill her angry tummy. Enjoying every bite, she realized that she was alone, well she thought that she was alone, because she didn't hear anyone around the house. She knew her parents must be busy working or whatever, but she noticed that Taehyung was nowhere to be seen or heard.

 

I guess they’re all out of the house.

The house has never been so peaceful in such a long time. After finishing her morning meal, she went back to the bedroom and dragged one of the chairs inside the room to the balcony. She took her phone and played her favorite playlist, plugging in her earphones and all she can hear was her songs. Closing her eyes while feeling the breeze brush against her skin, blowing her not-so-long hair away from her face.

 

In the end she fell asleep and her thoughts continued her previous dream, the one she had last night. This time the image was exactly like she was now; sitting alone in the balcony—enjoying the breeze and then suddenly Taehyung came to the balcony and held her shoulders, Nara looked up to see who it was and when she saw Taehyung she was surprised her eyes was bulging, because Taehyung’s face was very closer to hers.

 

He smiled briefly and gave her a light kiss on the cheek. Nara was dumbfounded she was still in shock with the whole him being there and then—.

 

“What are you listening to?” Someone came and took off one of her earphones.

“Oh m—what?” she stutter noticing that it was Taehyung who came by while plugging her earphone to his right ear. “Nothing really…”

“Nothing, huh?” he nodded along the beat and continued, “Is this—is this TVXQ’s Crazy Love?” he looked at her and asked confirming his prediction.

 

She responded with a nod and closed her eyes, enjoying what she had before Taehyung came. When she was closing her eyes, Taehyung looked at her as he was watching his favorite movie, he scanned every part of her face. From her eyes, to her eyelashes until the tip of her nose and to they way she squint her eyebrows together, when the wind is too strong. The way she bit her bottom lip and the way the wind blow her hair away, until he can see her side profile clearly.

 

She’s not so bad after all; she’s actually quite—

 

“Hey! Get up, it’s raining!” Taehyung exclaimed noticing the raindrops that fell on his palms.

“What?” Nara opened her eyes and raindrops fell on her cheeks, she stood up and dragged her chair back inside. She sat on the bed because the chair was already wet. The rain got heavier every minute; Nara who wanted to spend a day out in the sun pouted and threw her phone to the bed.

 

She went to the window, trying to hit the raindrops and make it go away, but she knows that’s not possible.

“I just want to—ugh!” she smashed the window.

“Wow, chill!” Taehyung, who was slightly surprised to see a new side of Nara. “Do you want to do something else instead?” he asked trying to calm her down.

“Like what?” she asked herself looking at the balcony outside the window drenched in the rain. “I know!” she exclaimed excitedly.

“What?” Taehyung crossed his arms, waiting for her answer.

“Let’s go play in the rain!” Nara’s face who was sad and blue a few seconds ago was turned happy and excited like a kid getting a present at her birthday. “That’s a great idea!” she agreed to herself. “C’mon!” he took Taehyung’s wrist and dragged him out of his seat.

“This is a bad idea. A very bad idea!” he exclaimed, but Nara didn't hear him because was too excited with the idea of playing in the rain.

 

She let go of his hand and ran to the garden where the flowers are drenched in rain; she spins around and smiled along the way. She noticed that Taehyung didn't join her, so she stopped and called him.

 

“Hey, Taehyung!” she shouted, trying to be louder from the rain.

“What?” Taehyung shouted back in respond.

“You should come and join me. This is fun!” she starts to spin around and trying to collect as many raindrops she can, but eventually she can’t.

“Umm…” he was thinking for an answer, “Maybe not! Maybe you should stop too—you know before lightning strikes you!” he shouted trying to get her out of the rain.

“Haha! Funny Taehyung!” she enjoyed the rain so much until she didn't know that she was dizzy and her vision was getting blurry. “You know Taehyung!”

“What?” he asked shouting from on top of his lungs, he was trying to find her but the rain was too heavy, he couldn't see anything clearly.

“I am like a flower.” She said with a voice that was not loud enough from before.

“Yeah?” he raised an eyebrow with an uninterested tone, “How’s that?”

“Because, flower needs soil, the sun and a lot of water to be beautiful. I’m drinking a lot of water—just wait! I will be beautiful later—I will bloom and become the most beautiful flower in the garden!”

 

Then suddenly Taehyung heard a light thud in the rain, he saw that Nara fainted—lying on the ground. He was shocked and ran to her into the rain. He knelt down and shakes her up.

 

“Hey!” he called, “Hey, wake up!”

 

Knowing that she didn't respond he carried her back to the bedroom and put her on the bed. He spread out the blanket and put in around her. He ran downstairs to get some hot packs and put in her hand. After making sure that’s she all warmed up, he sat down by the bedside and looked at her. Her lips turned purple and shivering from all the cold rain. A few minutes later Nara gain her consciousness and blinked a few times.

 

“Where’s the rain?” she asked lightly—trying not to move so much, because she got a headache, more likely a fever.

“You really should listen to me next time.” Taehyung ordered, a sense of seriousness in his voice.

 

Nara tried to push herself up so she can sit down, but her hand was too weak to bring herself up.

 

“Just stay down for a while.” Taehyung said simply. “Do you want some tea?”

“Ha…” Nara tried to laugh, but it hurts too much just to move, “Did Taehyung just say “Do you want some tea?” she questioned herself. “How English of you.” Nara laughed lightly to her own joke.

“Do you want some or not?” he stood up prepared to leave, “If not I want to do something else.” He stated.

“Ye-yeah, sure.” Nara replied. Taehyung opened the door, but before he could step out;

“Taehyung!” Nara called out.

“What now?” he asked holding the door wide open.

“If I were beautiful,” she asked half asleep, because her head was too heavy, “Would you love me?” her eyes were closed shut.

He looked down and not sure what to answer, “I don't know.” He closed the door and stopped, “Maybe.”

 

Downstairs when he was making the tea, he kept thinking about what she said over and over again.

 

It’s not really about beauty.

 

He went back upstairs and tried to open the door as soundlessly as possible, he didn't want to wake her up. Walking in he did the same when he was closing the door. He walked to her bedside and put his well-made tea, in the desk lamp next to the bed. He looked at her who was sound asleep, he watched her for a few minutes, tilting his head from side to side.

 

Suddenly, her voice ringed in his mind asking him the same question.

 

“If I were beautiful…” but this time she smiled,  “Would you love me?” 

 

He took a deep breath, while looking at her sleeping with most of her body covered with the white thick blanket.

 

“Maybe.” He said, “Maybe, yes.”