Chapter 27

Don't Marry Me

I Should Be Wiser

“I was just trying to get you to bed faster.” Taehyung scoffed and roll over to his spot.

“Really? Was that necessary?” she asked sitting up, while shrugging her shoulders, “What’s the purpose of that?”

“I was just joking, no need to get angry.” He explained as he tried to calm her down.

“Yeah, you and your jokes.” Nara rolled her eyeballs, but Taehyung didn't know since it was pitch black.

 

She went and headed to corner of the room and put the dirty laundries in the basket. She didn't walk back towards the bed, but she lay herself down in the sofa in front of the bed and used her arms are her pillows as she curled herself up, while trying to drift herself into dreamland.

 

“Why are you sleeping there?” Taehyung asked, after turning on the lamp on his bedside.

“I just want to be alone for a while.” Nara responded simply.

 

Taehyung didn't say anything after she replied; he turned off his night lamp and let her have a sleep. In the morning, he woke up earlier than Nara did and he saw her curling herself up like she was freezing and by the size of the sofa he could see that she didn't have enough space to move. He went to the bed and took his pillow and his jacket that he was going to wear for today. He set her alarm fifteen minute later than usual.

 

The alarm finally rang and Nara was shocked, she remembered that she didn't set any alarm for today, but thank God for that. She also noticed the scent of the pillow that she was using, it was definitely not her scent. To make sure she sniffed the pillow and peeked at the bed, she saw that Taehyung’s pillow was missing.

 

“So, that means—this is Taehyung’s?” she gasped. Her spine cringed at the thought of that and she tried to knock it off by taking a shower.

 

She headed downstairs and saw Taehyung eating his breakfast deliciously. She took a piece of banana and a cookie. Taehyung, who was watching her every move, was extremely disgusted by her menu choices.

 

“Banana and cookie?” He asked in disgust.

“What? They’re good!” Nara was munching happily.

“Yeah, I’m not sure about that.”

“Well, why don't you try it.” She suggested.

“No—nope, no thank you.”

“You should they really go together.” She took another piece of cookie, while shoving her banana in front of his lips. “Here, try it.”

 

Taking her suggestion, he decided to try the banana and cookie mix. He took a bite of both food and start munching, with a strange expression plastered all over his face.

 

“So?” Nara asked excitingly, “What do you think? Delicious right?”

 

Taehyung gulped the whole thing before it was munched well, because for him the taste was like wet sand.

 

“Delicious, my !” He complained, while pouring himself a glass of water. “This taste like sand.”

“It doesn't taste like sand!” she frowned then she took another piece of both food and storm out of the house.

 

Taehyung caught up with her and walked by her side.

 

“Hey, wait up!” he shouted.

 

Nara stopped while chewing her food in a mouthful, which makes her cheeks looks chubby.

 

“Haha, look at you!” Taehyung laughed while pointing at her, “You’re so cute!” he pinched both side of her cheeks, so suddenly, which made her startled and her eyes startsedto bulged, her cheeks turned red and shook her head to make him took his hands off her cheeks.

 

Taehyung cleared his throat because he was also dumbfounded, he didn't realize that he did that on purpose.

 

Then she started to walk the opposite direction and stopped at the minimum distance between Taehyung and her, which he had set in the first day they went out of the house together.

 

“Why are you there?” he shouted.

“You told me I should walk exactly this far from you!” she replied.

“I did? When?” he asked, without remembering what he demanded a few months ago.

“Just go, I’ll follow you.” She shouted, making sure he gets her point.

“Let’s walk together.” He walked towards her, but she took a step back as he take a step closer.

“Technically speaking, we are walking together.” She said while walking backwards. “Go away! Don’t mind me.”

 

Taehyung knew that he was pushing her, so he stopped walking too close and left her behind, as she wanted it to be. She walked slowly making sure that Taehyung didn't look back and kept on walking.

 

“Good morning, Jungkook!” Nara tried to surprise him, but he could hear her footsteps from miles away.

“Morning.” Jungkook replied, uninterested with playing around.

“Let’s go!” she exclaimed with a smile.

“Go where?” he asked, while closing his locker.

“We have first period together, remember?” Nara clung her arms around his.

“What are you doing?” he asked, while staring at her who seems to be shorter than him.

“Uh, going to first period?” she asked making sure she had the right schedule.

“No, I mean—what are you doing?” he pointed to her arms that were clinging into his arms.

“Oh!” she was surprised with the sudden remarks and immediately took her hands of him. “Sorry.” She looked down and looked away.

“I was asking what are you doing, it doesn't me that you have to let go.” He explained, took her hand and put it back around his arms.

“Does this means we’re okay now?” she asked, making a disturbing puppy eyes.

“I don't want to talk about it right now. Just stay like this for a moment.” He replied simply, dogging her bullet pretty well.

 

Taehyung, who was there by accident, saw the unexpected view. He didn't say anything and raised an eyebrow, but at the same time he felt like there was something punching his chest, he looked away and headed to his first class. Taehyung couldn't really focus in class because he was thinking about what he saw earlier and it was bothering him. He thought that it was probably nothing; since they’re close they can do that, but something in his gut told him that something is going on and somehow he didn't like it.

 

“Taehyung, want to go over to the convenience store after school?” asked one of his friends, who came over by his desk when class was over.

“Hmm—what?” he asked snapping out from his mind, “Yeah, sure.” He replied simply and cleaned up his desk.

 

They went right the convenience store right after school to get the best spot, but then Taehyung saw something that made him change his mind. He saw Jungkook roaming around the store alone and it made him feel really uncomfortable, he went inside and approached Jungkook silently.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked, like he owns the store.

“None of your business. Why? Am I not allowed to go the convenience store?” he asked being sarcastic, while raising an eyebrow.

“Where’s—“ he wanted to asked him about Nara, but he changed his mind because he’s worried that Jungkook will get the wrong ideas, so instead he said, “Where’s—where did you get the ramen?” he asked, trying not to stutter.

“In the back corner.” Jungkook replied and went to the cashier. “What’s with him?”

 

Taehyung pretend to get something from the shelf, but actually he was waiting for Jungkook to leave and when he did he told his friends that he had to go home early. He took the bus and arrived in his block, but when was walking he saw Nara who was eating ramen alone in the store, she was tying her hair up so that her hair didn't get into her food, the she starts blowing the ramyeons to make it cold enough to eat. Taehyung who was staring at her the whole time finally dragged himself to the store and came up to her.

 

He stared at her and waited until she noticed his presence. Finally, when Nara was taking the hot ramen with her chopstick, she saw his reflection on the window and turned to him.  They stared at each other for a few seconds until Nara broke it off.

 

“What?”

“I want some of those.” Taehyung made a convincing alibi and took the cup from her. He took a chopstick full of the ramen and ate it, then gave it back to Nara.

“You ate half of it!” Nara shrieked, when she saw her cup.

“Fine, then l'll finish it.” He took the cup again.

“Hey, no, no!” Nara tried to take her cup back, but Taehyung took it away. “That’s mine, Taehyung. Just give it back!” she started to get frustrated.

 

Taehyung was surprised, Nara after all this time she never called him by his name, she would always call him with; you, hey or something else that he couldn't remember right now. Somehow it made him happy. He took a chopstick full of ramen and put it in front of her lips.

 

“Here.” He offered, “Eat.”

“I can feed myself, thanks.” Nara replied and tried to take the chopstick from his hand, but unfortunately Taehyung was faster and she couldn't get those chopsticks.

“Open it.” He ordered, but Nara shook her head. “I said, open it.” She gave him the same respond.

 

Why is he being like this? I don't know why, but I don't like it—I like it but oh my God I don't know what to do. Should I just do what he told me? Could this be a joke and then he’ll pull away when I opened my mouth? I’m confused. I should not like this—but I like it, I can’t help but to like him. No, I should move on! Remember Jungkook. Do what he told you to do and then forget it. Yes, forget it; don't think like it means something because it’s not.  

 

“Just once and then I’ll give it back to you.” He tried to convince her.

“Just once?” she asked, while crossing her arms.

“Just once, cross my heart.” Taehyung replied with a smile.

 

Nara opened and took the chopstick full of ramen and chewed it, since it Taehyung took too much, was so full of ramen and her cheeks started to grow chubby. Taehyung chuckled by the sight of her face.

 

“What?” she asked, while still trying hard to chew down the ramyeon.

“You—you look funny.” He replied, pointing at her face. Then suddenly, he put his index finger on her cheek.

“What are you doing?” she asked looking flustered by his act. He’d been acting so weird since this morning and she didn't understand why.

“Nothing.” He replied and storms out from the store, leaving her behind dumbfounded.