Chapter 21

Don't Marry Me

Operation 007

“What?” he was so surprised that he almost choked on his drink.

 

Taehyung turned his head slowly and saw that on the side view that Jungkook was there.

 

“We should go.” Nara suggested, while putting a few won on the table.

“Good idea.” They left the pool and went some place decent to look around.

 

In the intersection she saw a direction pole, which showed there was a waterfall on the north side of the area, her eyes sparkled and she went inthe direction that the pole pointed without telling Taehyung. He was still trying to figure out the map to the area, when he finally decided to go somewhere Nara was nowhere to be found.

 

“Nara?” he called.

 

He saw that she was already hiking up to the not-so-steep mountain. He couldn’t believe that she had already walked that far, he ran to catch up with her.

 

“Hey,” Taehyung said while catching his breath, “Wait up!”

 

Nara stopped and ran to him.

 

“What?” Nara asked, with her voice full of excitement.

“What?” he asked restating her question, “Where are you going?”

“Going to the waterfall.” She stated while pointing to the mountaintop.

“Umm… And why are we going there?” he asked.

 

Because looking up at the endless stairs, maked him exhausted even before he tried to climb up.

“Umm… Because I want to see the waterfall.” She imitates the way Taehyung asked her. “Look, if you don't want to come it’s fine, I just want to see the waterfall.” She explained and left him on the spot.

 

Nara continued walking alone, although that she was still far away from the waterfall she could already hear the sound of the water splashing, hitting the hard rocks. Hearing the water made her stronger and she climbed those stairs a bit faster. Finally, a few minutes later, she arrived at the waterfall, she smiled and walked closer so she could feel the water drops on her face.

 

“So, what exactly do you see here?” Someone came and stood behind her. Hearing that voice she knew it was Taehyung.

“You came!” she exclaimed and turned around.

 

Oh my God, you’re embarrassing yourself. Calm down!

 

Nara cleared and tries to be composed, “Is there something in your eye?” she asked turning around to see the waterfall, “That is awesome!” she praised the never-ending flowing water.

“It’s just water.” He stated generally, “Or falling water. So what?”

“It’s not just falling water…” she rolled her eyes. “Why can’t you see the big picture?”

“The big picture is falling water.” He pointed out. “What do you see anyway?”

“I see a constant flow of water that will never run out—“ Taehyung cut her off before she could explain in full sentence.

“It never runs out because that’s the only water available. Duh!” he tried to make everything simple and easy.

“Ugh, no. Because 80% of the earth is filled with water and the water flows everywhere, this is one of them.”

“You did not just do that.”

“Do what?” She asked, turning her head to look at him.

“Mixing biology with math.”

 

She rolled her eyes and continued, “Anyway, I’m here just to enjoy the sound of the water, it soothes me and the tiny water splashes are refreshing.”

“Refreshing, huh?” he looked at her.

 

Nara was closing her eyes and enjoyed the water drops that were sprinkling on her face, but it was invisible to Taehyung. He faced the waterfall and felt the water that also sprinkled on his face. Then he thought it was actually, refreshing.

 

They went back to the hotel after a few hours of enjoying the scenery and the water. They took the elevator together and arrived at their floor, Nara stepped out from the elevator first and when she was about to make a turn to her room, she saw Jungkook walking towards her and she surprised and yet bewildered because she didn't know what to do. Taehyung was just about to step out of the elevator when suddenly Nara pushed him back inside.

 

“Ow, really? What was that for?” he asked, while rubbing the back of his head because Nara pushed him too hard and hit the wall.

“Jungkook is here!” Nara exclaimed, “Go!” she ordered.

“O—okay, okay.” He pressed any floor that his finger chose for him and she pressed the closing button rapidly, trying to close the door.

“Hurry up! Go!” Nara exclaimed, worrying that Jungkook might find out about this.

“The door won’t close!”

 

When Jungkook noticed that Nara was by the end of the hall, he ran to her and at the same time the elevator dinged, telling her that Taehyung escaped safely.

 

“Nara!” Jungkook ran up to her, “We meet again!” he greeted with a huge smile on his face.

“Jungkook!” she greeted back, “I didn't get to say this last time, I didn't expect to see you here, what are you doing?”

“I’m working here, actually.” He scratched the back of his neck and smiled nervously, “Actually, I wanted to ask you to work here with me as a part time—I mean, but then I remembered that you were wearing your crutches, so here I am.” He smiled and continued, “But, hey, you don't use them anymore. I should’ve asked you though.” He said while raising an eyebrow thinking of what her answer might be.

 

“Yeah, the doctor told me I can walk on my own, but they said that I’m not allowed to run yet, said that my bones might move again…” Nara tried to make a joke out her own life, trying to break the awkward feeling that’s been all over her stomach.

 

“Huh, funny.” He commented simply.

 

Then the silent came, there was nothing to talk about and Nara didn't want to leave him just like that.

 

“Anyway,” Jungkook tries to break the ice, “I have a free time around lunch time tomorrow, and we should hang!” he suggested.

“Yeah, sure. Why not?” Nara replied, doubting her own response.

 

She wanted to spend more time with Taehyung, although that he was snobby and to the point, but she just like it maybe it’s because she likes him. Since, Jungkook has been a great friend to her she doesn't want to let him down or even lose him and she’s thankful that Jungkook always had her back.

 

“Well, I have to go wash up.” Nara said while pressing her card to the scanner, “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said with a smile and went inside.

 

She threw herself to bed, thinking what should she do tomorrow.

 

Friend or crush?

 

“I don't know what to do!” she cried, while rolling around her bed, making both her hair and her clothes messy.

When suddenly, someone knocked on the door several times, she jumped out of the bed and walked towards the door.

 

“Wow.” Taehyung reacts immediately when Nara opened the door with her messy hair all over her face. “Did a tornado hit your room?”

“What?” she noticed her hair wasn't in the right place and she immediately fix her hair to look decent.

“Never mind.” He brushed off his question and get to the point, “My mom asked me to tell you that we’re having a dinner at the restaurant tonight, so we should go.”

“Okay.” She said closing the door, wanting to get changed, but Taehyung blocked the door with his feet.

“Now!” he exclaimed and opens Nara’s room wide open. “Hurry up!”

 

They arrived at the lobby and went straight to the restaurant, but Taehyung decided to take a trip to the bathroom and let Nara head to the restaurant first.

 

“Taehyung!” someone called him.

 

He stopped the moment someone called his name, he turned around to see who it was and Jungkook was there standing next to the staff room door.

 

“Oh, Jungkook! Not expecting to see you here.” He said trying not to be too surprised to see him.

“No one expects me to be here.” He replied, while walking closer towards Taehyung, “What about you? What are you doing here?”

“Just family stuff, I didn't want to come, but you know how parents are.” Taehyung trying to make up so lame excuses and maybe make Jungkook leave.

“Tell me about it. Huh! Why do you sound like that?” Jungkook asked suspecting his hiding something.

“Sound like what?” Taehyung tried to keep himself calm.

“Like—like you’re hiding something. Something that you don't want me to know.” He said curling both of his eyebrows to the center of his forehead.

“Like, Nara—oh and speaking of Nara she’s here too, have you seen her?“ Jungkook asked to make sure.

“Nope, I haven’t—wasn't planning to, either.” Taehyung’s expression changed drastically when Jungkook mentioned her name, his eyes twitched and adding a frown to his dark expression.

“Well, see you around. I gotta go back to work.” He left Taehyung and walked towards the bar near the pool. Actually, Jungkook was a bit frightened, because he heard that Taehyung was “the” man at school, so he doesn't want to make any problems with him.

 

Because of that incident, Taehyung forget about his trip to the bathroom and head straight towards the restaurant. He wanted to sit somewhere else, but the round dining table is not on his side making and the only seat available was in the corner next to, Nara. He sat carefully, while looking around making sure he didn't get caught.

 

“Who are you looking for?” Nara asked, trying to find this particular someone that Taehyung’s searching for.

“Your boyfriend, caught me when I was on my way to the bathroom.” Taehyung lean back on his chair, relieved that he’s not there.

“Okay, first he is not my—“

“Boyfriend. I know—I get it.” Taehyung finishes her sentence.

“Then why do you keep calling him my boyfriend? When you already know?” Nara frowned while crossing her arms in front of her.

“He is really creepy. He never get rid of that creepiness from him and he should like fast.” Taehyung dodge her question and commented on Jungkook’s action instead.

“He’s not creepy.” Nara stated, trying to defend her only friend she has.

“Why are you being so defensive?”

“I am not defensive.”

“Oh, okay. Not defensive, grumpy?”

“Neither!” she bangs the table and their parents attention are all on her for a few seconds and they start talking to each other again, “I just don't like you talking bad about my friend.”

“Boyfriend.” He pretends to cough to cover up what he said, but of course Nara can hear that.

“Whoever!” Nara shouted, making the whole restaurant silent and throws their attention to her.

“We should not be together—or what ever we’re doing, tomorrow and any other day. Have fun on your own.” Taehyung replied with rolled his eyes and changed his seat to the one next to his parents.