Chapter 8

Don't Marry Me

Outing; Day 1 

Preparing certainly was not an easy task. Nara woke up the next morning and went to the closet to find a bigger bag that would fit her clothes and other stuff that she may need at the outing location. She found a leopard-printed bag that she thought would be big enough for her stuff to fit in.

 

She went back and forth to the closet to get warm clothes and other outfits as well; she scrambled all over the room to get her stuff, because the outing was scheduled as three days long. She finished after a few hours and went downstairs to eat breakfast, but she noticed that Taehyung was still deep asleep. She knew that the bus would leave in a few hours and they hadn't even been to school, so she went to the bedside and ran her hand across his face several times, trying to wake him up. He didn't wake up after she tried so much and she decided that there was only one thing to do. That one and only thing.

 

Kick him down. 

 

She took his blanket off him and went behind him. She pushed him as hard as she could; he was so heavy that he caused Nara to drop sweat. She cracked her knuckles and pushed him with her feet, three seconds later he was already on the edge of the bed, so it was easier to push him with her hands, she pushed him hard enough to make him fall to the floor. A light thud came when he fell.

He must've hit his head, so sorry Taehyung...

 

He woke up a few seconds after and rubbed his head because it was in pain.

 

“What happened? Did I fall?” he asked with his eyes still half closed.

“Ye—yeah you fell…”Nara lied simply and continued, “Now get up, or we’re going to be late for the outing!” Nara exclaimed and slammed the door.

 

Taehyung came down several minutes later and was all dressed up.

 

“Where’s my food?” he asked while rubbing his eyes with a light yawn, apparently he was still sleepy because he was playing a game on his phone until late last night.

“It’s in the kitchen near the fridge, go get it…” she answered and continued to eat hers.

 

She finished her breakfast and went upstairs to get her bags. She went downstairs and went to the dining room where Taehyung was still eating sleepily. She came over to him and took a look at his face.

 

“I was gonna go, but if you want me to stay and accompany you, I’m here” she explained trying to wake him up.

“No—no, you go first. I’m fine. Don't want someone to catch us leaving the same house, right?” he replied sleepily. 

 

I see… You still don't have any feelings for me; even your subconscious says the same.

 

“Umm—okay then, bye…” she sighed heavily and forced a smile, although that Taehyung didn't see, she just wanted to smile no matter what.

 

She arrived at school and went to the purpose hall immediately. She saw the two school busses were parked just outside the lobby. The principle came and gave them some brief information and other announcements about the event. Nara kept looking around for Taehyung, who is nowhere to be seen, but instead she saw Jungkook who was watching at her the whole time, they saw each other and Nara waved at him nervously, but he didn't respond and looked away.

 

It was time for them to depart and everyone headed to the bus they we’re arranged to. Nara stepped inside and saw the bus was crowded; she looked around to find an empty seat and found one besides Jungkook. She took a deep breath and sighed heavily, by the time she arrived at his seat, she sighed again.

 

“Jungkook…” she tried to get his attention, when he was looking away from the window.

 

He saw her reflection in the window and looked at her.

 

“What?” he asked with no interest.

“I’m—I’m sorry for what I did in the cafeteria the other day… I just don't want people to know about my feelings or—or maybe anything about me.” She explained and when she said out loud it didn't make sense to her either.

“How can you do that?” he sighed, “You think, I’m here to mess with you? I trusted you and when I said I wanted to be your friend I was being serious, you should be happy when someone actually wants to be your friend.” Jungkook explained.

 

Nara looked down in guilt; she doesn't know how to respond to what he said. “I know what you’re trying to do, Jungkook, really, but it has been a very long time since I've had friends. I was scared that I was going to be abandoned again…” her eyes started to fill with tears and were about to burst.

"Well, maybe you should have thought twice before you decided to walk away." Jungkook replied trying to make her feel how he felt that day. Jungkook noticed that her cheek started to burn and tears were appearing in the edge of her eyes. 

Jungkook looked around, he didn't want people to see that Nara was about to cry or he would be blamed. He pulled Nara to sit beside him and a teardrop ran down her cheek. Jungkook cupped her face with both hands and brushed off the tears.

 

“Don't cry…” he said trying to calm her down.

“I’m sorry, Jungkook…” she cried and tears started to fall down again.

“It’s okay. It’s fine, I understand. Next time, tell me if you have anything—anything at all. I will be your shoulder to cry on—but not on the bus like this…” he said with a light laugh.

 

His laugh made Nara laugh too. She brushed off the tears that were still around her eyes herself and smiled.

 

“I’m sorry, Jungkook…” she said and this time even more sincere than before.

“It’s okay…” he sighed and opened his arms, “Now hug me…” he demanded.

“Okay.” Nara gladly leapt into his arms and gave him a warm hug, when she was hugging Jungkook, she was looking over the window and saw that Taehyung was there sitting in the second bus, with Jein. Seeing her touching him and flirting grossed her out. She bit her bottom lip and raised an eyebrow.

 

Seriously?

 

"Promise me that from now on, you will tell me everything. When I ask you what's wrong just tell me..." he explained to her, showing that his intentions were good. 

Jungkook could feel that Nara was nodding at what he said.

"I promise" Nara replied simply. 

 

After a few seconds of hugging, they finally let go.

 

“Okay, now go sit somewhere else…” Jungkook said with a serious face.

“Actually, I was kind of hoping I could sit here with you…?” she said with a convincing smile.

“You’re not here to apologize are you, you just wanted to have someone to sit with…” Jungkook said with a predicting look on his face.

“A little bit of both, but more to the apologizing part though” she explained hoping that Jungkook would let her sit with him.

“I’ll let you pass this time, young lady… You better watch out next time though” he said with a light laugh after.

“Thank you, Jungkook, for understanding,” Nara said, relieved.

“Anytime…” he smiled sweetly. “So, do you have any ideas for what we should do while we’re stuck on this bus for three hours?” he asked trying to make the conversation alive.

“Umm, I have a few songs that I downloaded recently, maybe you’d want to hear them,” she replied while taking her headset from her bag and plugging it into her phone. She clicked her “recently added” playlist on her phone and pressed the first song that was on the list.

“Yeah, sure why not?” he took the right headset that she gave him and put in his ear. When he was ready Nara pressed the play button.

“This is Kyuhyun’s hope is a dream that doesn't sleep” she showed her phone to Jungkook.

“I like it, but isn't this an old song?” he asked remembering that he has heard the song before.

"Yeah...It's an old song, but I the song caught my attention a few days ago. I know, I'm lame" she rolled her eyes admitting one of her ugly truths. 

"No, I mean it's nice; slow and mellow...But yeah, you're a bit late—but it's still fine though" he replied not to make her disappointed, “After this you have to listen to my favorite song” he demanded with a smile plastered on his face.

“Deal!” she exclaimed excitedly.

 

They spent their three hours of the road trip listening and sharing their favorite songs. The trip was too long for them; Nara fell asleep on Jungkook’s shoulder and Jungkook fell asleep on her head.