Chapter 38

Don't Marry Me

I Can Be Your Hero 

Jungkook looked after her, but he couldn't really say anything. Nara has told him about her problem with Jein. It was pathetic of her, abusing her father’s occupation for her benefit.

 

“You should talk to Taehyung.” He suggested, but Nara refused. “Why not? It’s obvious that she’s jealous and tormented that she lost her boyfriend.” Jungkook explained.

“I don't know how he’ll react to this and I don't want people to know about us. At least not yet.” She replied.

“He’s changed, Nara. I’m pretty sure he understands you—or at least try to. You have to talk him and see what he has to say.”

“Talking to you is easier, with him I have to make myself look composed and never at a loss for word.” She sighed deeply.

 

Jungkook push her chin lightly to make her see eye to eye.

 

“Look at me.” He said and she did, “I will always be your friend as long as the sun still comes up every morning and set every night, but I’m not and I can’t always be your shoulder to cry on. Taehyung is your husband, whether you like it or not furthermore, he seems to show interest in you now. You need to talk to him when something’s bothering you.” Jungkook explained.

“See? This is why I like talking to you. You know exactly what to say.” She replied with a smile. “Thank you.”

“I know I’m the best aren’t I?” he laughs it off, but hides his feelings away for her sake.

“Hmm… Yes, you are!”

 

Lunch bell strikes and the cafeteria are filled in no time. “So, have you thought what I said?” Jein appeared and raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to respond. Nara sighed heavily and replied, “If you want him back so badly, why do you ask him yourself?”

“Are you kidding me? I don't ask—or worse beg, for someone to do something for me.” She tilted her head with a scoff.

“Well, aren’t you practically begging me to let him go? I thought you never beg.” Nara replied, although it took her so much courage to stand up for herself, but that’s a start.

“I do not beg, I am just pressuring you while giving you a glimpse of your future—and trust me it’s not going to be good.”

“So, you’re threatening me? Okay, explain to me why I’m the one at fault here? If you want me to tell you who is at fault are Taehyung’s and my parents—they are ones who arrange everything I’m just doing what needs to be done.” She stated, getting more confident in every word.

“Whoa, look who has some self-esteem in herself now. Decide or future—you’re yellow brick road will disappear. That I can assure you.” Jein scoffed and she walked away.

 

Nara took a deep breath and tried to keep herself composed. School ends quickly and Nara was the first the first one to leave, as she arrived home she storms off to her room and sat in the balcony.

 

Taehyung, who arrived a little bit later, throws his backpack to bed as walked towards the balcony, but he didn't see Nara who was sitting down on the floor, curling herself into a ball. Then, Nara blows her nose, which makes Taehyung startled and looked down at her.

 

“You surprised, what are you doing there?” he asked.

Nara shook her head, but she still hides her face between her arms.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” he asked and because Nara didn't say anything, he sat beside her and put his arms around her, pushing her cheeks lightly to lean her head on his shoulder. He waited for her until she’s calmed down.

 

“Taehyung,” she called turning her head to him, “What do you think of me?” she asked.

“I think—I think you’re great and very unpredictable, yet predictable and your much more beautiful when you’re not crying.” He wipes of the last tears, streaming down her cheek.

 

Nara was surprised, she didn't think at any point that he would say those words. She was taken aback, but she was touched.

 

“If we were not married, you wouldn't say that—you know you’d still be with Jein.” She mentioned and looked away.

“I know, but thank God I’m with you now. I feel like there’s always something clogging inside me and I don't what it is and with you—it all disappear. I think you’re meant to sent to me, I’m just the one who’s too dumb to see it.” Her tears were dry and happiness filled her glass, she smiled as she hugged Taehyung.

 

The next day at school Nara is filled with confidence, now she doesn't have to hesitate to talk to Jein. In biology class, they had to go outside and do field work in the soccer field. The grass was a bit wet and there are still wet soils around, coincidentally in that class all three of them were there, but Taehyung was busy doing his project with his group. Jein walked towards Nara’s group and asked her to follow.

 

“What’s taking you so long? Is it that hard for you to understand my words or are you just dumb?” Jein started to get annoyed.

“I’ve made my decision.” Nara stated, looking away with her arms crossed. 

“Good, I hope you make a rational one, if—you know—you want a bright future.” Once again, Jein threatens.

“I don't want to let him go.” Nara stated.

“What did you say? Did I heard you wrong?” Jein asks twice, she heard what she said, but she’s giving her a chance to change her mind before it’s too late.

“No. I want to stay with him.”

“You, dumb and naïve, ! If that’s what you want, then I use necessary action to deal with you. Ugh!” Jein pushed Nara and Nara fell to the wet grass, and her uniform was half muddy.

“Jein, what are you doing?” Taehyung who appeared on the scene and saw Nara who was sitting on the ground. “Are you okay?” he went to her side.

“Taehyung!” Jein exclaimed, “Why are you defending her? I’m the victim here.” she exclaimed. “She took you away from me!”

“I told you we’re done.” Taehyung helped Nara to stand up.

“You choose her over me? Really?” Jein asked again, but she knows that he doesn't care about what ever comes out of , but still attempt to get his attention.

“Jein, people change. I’ve changed.” Taehyung responded.

 

People around are starting to murmur around and focus their attention to the conversation.

 

“Okay, then. If you can change, I can change!”

“What are you talking about?” Taehyung asked.

“Just because you two are married doesn't mean that you can change your mind so easily. Oh, wait—I want to know, why are you guys even married? Is she knocked-up? Are you the baby’s daddy?” Jein attacks, without thinking about what she would say next, she was hurt and couldn't careless about what people around thinks.

 

“How could you!” Taehyung sneered. “You know, I always thought you were mean, but I never thought you were heartless. You always know what to say to make others feels like crap! Now, I know what they’re all talking about.”

“Taehyung, I didn't mean to!” Jein cries out, when she realized her words actually hurt someone and people around are taking their phones out, talking about what just happened.

 

Taehyung brought Nara out of the soccer field to the rooftop, and he gave her his P.E uniform to change at least she doesn't have to wear her dirty uniform. 

 

“You don't have to do that. I can take care of myself.” Nara stated.

“Yeah, I do.” Taehyung replied. “I’ll always be there for you now—whether you like it or not.” He added.

“Why do I feel like I’ve won something that I don't deserve?” she laughs lightly and look up to him, where his eyes has been waiting for hers.

“Same here.” He stated as he leans closer and his hand cups her small face. “I love you.” He said with a smile and sighed as he closes the gap between their lips.

 

Nara smiles in between the kiss and put her arms around his neck. Taehyung deepens the kiss and bit her lower lip, and then in a few second he pulled away.

 

“I almost forgot were still in school grounds.” He laughs and took her by the hand, “Let’s get lunch!” Nara nodded in reply.

 

The moment they entered the cafeteria, thousand pairs of eyes follows wherever they go. Apparently, news travel faster than light and everyone knew.

 

“Dude, are you married? Seriously?” One of Taehyung’s friends comes up out of nowhere, “Rad!”

 

Nara on the other hand was looking for Jungkook, to see his face is enough. He was there sitting alone with his lunch. He looked at her title his head and mouthed, “Sorry.”

 

It was a long day, they went home and ate dinner, their parents were also home and they celebrated the success of their collaboration with a cake.

 

“Taehyung, Nara I have something to say.” Mr. Kim stated in the middle of the meal. They turned their heads to his attention. 

“Since our work result is satisfactory and the company’s stability is secure, I understand if you want to—“ he clears his throats and continue, “to separate.” He stated.

 

Nara and Taehyung are both stupefied, they didn't want to separate not after everything they’ve been through together and their hearts are finally connected to one another.

 

“Dad,” Nara took a step forward closer to her dad, “I don't want to separate—I love him for what he is and I want to stay with him.” She replied as she holds Taehyung’s hand and their fingers intertwined.

 

The parents exchange glances, with questionable expressions. Mr. Park asked, “And what about you Taehyung?”

“I don't want to separate from her.” He replied. “If you want us to separate, then we will—but I will go out with her and will properly ask her to marry me when the time is right.” He explained.

 

They laughed, because that’s not what they want to say at all.

 

“No, I just want to make sure that both of you are committed and sure about the choice you’ve made. Well, if that’s your decision you can stay together, but must not be conducted underage, wait until it is the proper time and be wise.” Mrs. Park added.

 

Now, they just have to figure out how to deal with the ones at school. What everyone knows is that Nara is pregnant and Taehyung is the dad, thanks to Jein it becomes challenging just to go through the day.