Chapter 24

Don't Marry Me

Can You Come a Little Closer?

“He left?” She repeated her question a few times.

“Yeah, he left.” said the older bartender, “Are you done? I have to get back to work…” the bartender left her with her drink.

 

Today was the last day, so she thought maybe she could catch up to Jungkook and explain to him about the whole marriage thing.

 

“Mom, when are we going to go home?” she asked her mom who was enjoying the sun.

“Later honey. After lunch, maybe.” She replied, without taking her sunglasses off. Nara rolled her eyes in response, but she knew her mom didn't really care.

 

Nara headed back to her room and began to pack up her stuff. She even forgot to lock the door  which made someone feel invited to come inside.

 

“What are you doing?” Taehyung came in without her notice, while leaning back to the closest wall he could find and crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“Oh—you scared me!” Nara exclaimed, making her throw away all the clothes that she had folded neatly and now it’s all over the place; making a huge mess around her.

“Oops.” Taehyung responded simply, but didn't make any effort to help her.

“What are you doing here? Get out!” she blurted and pointed to the door, while folding her clothes one by one.

“O—okay.” Taehyung stuttered, never seen this side of Nara before. He stopped before he walked out the door, “One question.” He asked carefully, trying not to get to her sensitive side.

“WHAT?” she glared at him, giving him that stop-asking-question-and-get-out stare.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“What do you think I’m doing?”

“Packing up?”

“That wasn't so hard to guess was it?” she asked, but it wasn't really a question.

“What’s with you?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I don't know.” She stood up, putting her clothes on the bed, “What do you think is wrong with me?”

“I don't know, that's why I asked.” He said preparing to leave.

 

Nara sat on the edge of her bed and played with her finger. She took a deep breath and looked down, she didn't want to look Taehyung in the eyes. Tears started to gather and her eyesight was getting blurry, she sniffled once because she couldn’t hold back.

 

“He—hey,” Taehyung ran and sat beside her, “Are you crying?” he asked to make sure, but Nara kept looking the other way blocking him so he couldn't see her face. “Do you hate me that much that you don't want to be in the same room as me?”

 

Nara chuckled, listening to him making things up; it was the total opposite of what he was saying. She turned around and brushed away her tears.

 

“What’s wrong?” Taehyung looked at her, trying to read her eyes, but it was a dumb idea.

“I didn't want you to get mad.” She stated, while trying to compose herself.

“Get me mad? Why would I be mad?”

“Because I did something that you told me I wasn't supposed to do.” She played with her fingers.

“Which is?”

“Jungkook knows about us.” She said simply, while waiting for Taehyung to explode, to nag, to lecture her about her mistake. After a few seconds, nothing happened.

 

She turned to Taehyung and looked at him in the eyes, “Aren’t you going to punch me?” she asked, expecting to get hurt.

“Punch you?” he asked her back, “I would never punch a girl.”

“Well, aren’t you going to do anything physically or verbally abusive to me?” she asked again.

“What? Why would I do that?” he asked her back.

“Because you always do, when I do things that you don't like or give your image damage.” She explained what she had experienced ever since she started living with him. “Well, except for the physical abuse part…”

“I do? I—I did?” he asked, while looking back if he really did it or not and Nara nodded in response.

“Well, what are you waiting for?” she looked at him.

“Jungkook probably told the whole school about us anyway, so—“

“No!” Nara interrupted.

“What do you mean no?”

“I trust Jungkook, he wouldn't do that.”

“You don't know that.” He crossed his arms around him. “It’s about time before someone start to bash us and then Jein will break up with me.”

 

So, he still thinks about his girlfriend, huh?

 

“You still want that punishment?” he pushed Nara to the bed, holding both of her wrists, he was on top of her and his face was so close to her until their nose touched.

 

Nara’s eyes bulged and she struggled to get away, but Taehyung’s grasp was too strong and him on top of her was making it harder for her to move.

 

“W—what are you doing? Get off me!” she exclaimed.

“You said you want that punishment.” Taehyung stated.

“I said abuse!”

“Same thing. Just stay still!” he leaned closer, but before he could Nara turned him off.

“Is this ?” she cries.

“Hey, I don't . Why do you keep making things up about me?”

“No, I don't.” she replied simply.

“Yes. You do.”

 

Then silence came, without noticing, they were staying in that position for a while and Nara wasn’t struggling anymore. Their faces were inches away and their noses still touched one another’s.

 

You’re actually pretty from up close—really pretty.

 

They stared at each other, but then Nara smirked and turned him upside down, leaving her on top of him, while grasping both of his wrists as tight as she could.

 

“Gotcha!” she laughed jokingly.

 

She didn't notice that her grasp was getting loose and Taehyung used this chance to pull his hands out of her grasp and put his arms around her tightly and turned herself upside down into her previous position, but this time his hands weren't holding her wrist, they were holding him up so that he didn't have to squash her with his weight.

 

 “Honey, will you start to pack up now—“ suddenly her mom barged into her room. “Oh—I’m sorry. Am I bothering you guys?”

 

They stood up and cleaned up after themselves, keeping their distance.

 

“No!” Nara and Taehyung shouted at the same time.

“What was it that you were going to say mom?” she asked, trying to change the subject.

“Pack up, honey. We’re checking out—we’re going home.” Her mom stated and walked out, followed by Taehyung.

 

What just happened?

 

She went back to pack up her stuff and headed to the lobby, while waiting for her parents to come. A few minutes later, both Nara and Taehyung’s parents arrived at the lobby and signed their rooms out. They walked towards the lobby, while waiting for the dads to load the luggage into the trunk. Finally, one by one they start to enter the car.

 

Nara sat near the window, because she wanted to enjoy the view, she plugged her earphones, so that she wouldn't have to listen to their parents illogical conversations. Then, she felt someone was bumping into her seat; she turned around to see who it was; Taehyung. The trip felt longer than before; Nara fell asleep and leaned on the window; her head was shaking because the window was slippery.

 

Taehyung who saw her struggling to get a good position; he put his hands in her cheek and pushed her head towards his shoulder. Finally, she stopped moving and slept comfortably through the trip. After a few hours on the road they finally reached home. The parents had already unloaded the luggage and left the kids in the car, which were in deep sleep. Taehyung’s mother took a picture of them sleeping; Taehyung’s head was rested in Nara’s head.

 

Oh, they look so cute together. Aing~

 

A few minutes later, Nara woke up and realized that she wasn't leaning against the window; she gazed down and saw that it was Taehyung’s hand; she sat right up immediately and hit Taehyung’s head, which was lying comfortably against hers.

 

“What are you doing?”

“What are you doing?” Taehyung asked her back, while rubbing his head.

 

She took her bag and left Taehyung in the car. She walked directly to her room and locked the door; because the last time she didn't lock the door something unexpected happened.

Why is he being like this? Why is he being so nice?

 

Questions filled her head, but she didn't have the answers. She wanted Taehyung to like her back, but this is beyond what she expected; she couldn’t decide whether she liked it or not, but her heart was beating like crazy when Taehyung was on top of her this morning and the other way around.

 

Get your head straight, Nara. He has a girlfriend; he’s probably just joking—he’s just teasing you. Don't take it too seriously.

 

She decided to go to Jungkook’s house; she left her stuff unpacked and took her jacket. No one noticed when she stepped out of the house and she didn't bother to tell. After a few minutes on the bus; it finally stopped to Jungkook’s neighborhood. She walked straight to his house and stopped abruptly to look properly, while thinking of what she’s going to say or start. When she was ready she knock on the doors three times and waited for someone to open the door.

 

“Oh, hello.” A girl about Jungkook’s age greeted her; it was the girl that greeted her last time.

“Hi. Umm… I’m Nara—umm, is Jungkook around?” she asked trying to be polite and straight to the point at the same time.

“Oh, you’re that girl from last time—the one with the broken ankle.” The girl tried to remember.

“Yeah,” Nara nodded, “It’s me.”

“Well, I’m sorry, Jungkook is not here right now. He went to Busan to visit his aunt.” The girl explained simply.

“Oh—umm, when is he coming back?”

“He didn't say. He’s probably going to come back for school.” She replied unsure about her answer, but it made sense.

“Umm… When he comes back can you tell him that I was here, looking for him?”

 

The girl nodded with a smile, “Sure.”


Author's Wish: 

Hey, guys I'm expecting that I'm going to be busy in the two weeks so maybe I wouldn't have time to write, but if I do I will. Anyway, I would really appriciate it if you like my story and give it an upvote. I love reading all you comments and recieving your upvotes it makes me feel proud of what I do. 

Thank you. xoxo