Chapter 13

Don't Marry Me

         Take The Pain Away

Jungkook was fidgeting all the way from breakfast through lunch, he wanted to go home as soon as possible, but he doesn't know why everything took so long.

 

“Jungkook! Seriously! Stop…” Jangmi complained.

“What?” he stopped moving to ask.

“Stop fidgeting like a nutcracker! You’re shaking the table and I can’t enjoy my food, since—you know everything’s moving!” she shouted. “So, stop moving!”

“O—okay…”

“What's wrong with you anyway, anyway?”

“I just really want to go home likefast I need to check up on someone—“

“Someone, you mean Nara?” she cut Jungkook off on purpose and he responded with a light nod.

“Why is this taking so long? I’m going to cry…” he sobs by himself.

“Stop it, Jungkook! Be a man!” Jangmi got irritated and hit his forehead.

 

The teacher announced that they’re going to go home in half an hour and asked them to put their luggage in the bus. After a long wait, Jungkook’s dream came true and they are finally going home.

 

“Why can’t this bus go any faster?” Jungkook starts fidgeting and his knees were constantly hitting the front seat.

“Jungkook, stop before I go there and strangle you!” Jangmi threatened.

“Sorry…” Jungkook said simply and look out the window, to calm himself down.

 

A three-hour trip makes him feel like it was years just to go back to school.

 

Until now, Nara is still unconscious—not moving an inch ever since she was left there. Taehyung on the other hand got bored, but at the same time still worried. The only thing he can do is list down of all the possibilities that might’ve hurt Nara in his head, but he doesn't have any clue who would do something like that.

After several hours, Taehyung was sitting next to her bedside, when suddenly the doorknob was turned several times. He noticed and ran to the bathroom immediately, closing the door slowly making sure the person who came in didn't notice him.

 

“Nara! Oh my God. Who could possibly do this to you?” Jungkook cries, while running towards her bedside.

 

 Huh? Who’s this? I think I’ve heard this voice before.

 

Taehyung slightly opens the door and saw Jungkook was holding her hand, telling her to wake up. Taehyung shook his head knowing that she hasn't waked up since yesterday.

 

Why from all people he must come to check up on her? I can’t stay here forever, but I can’t go out either. Gosh, I can’t even poop…

 

A nurse came by, to check up on Nara, Jungkook was just there nodding in agreement and let her do her job. Before going out, the nurse took a trip to the toilet to put some new towels for the patient. She yelps in surprised and got Jungkook’s attention.

 

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked.

“Oh, I’m fine…”

“What’ going on?” Jungkook asked getting nosy.

“It’s nothing, it’s just the toilet wasn't flushed all this time.” She pressed the button and the water cleans the toilet.

 

She was surprised because Taehyung was there; sitting in the toilet, waiting for Jungkook to go out. Taehyung shushed the nursed and told her to make something up to cover for him. The nurse left the room with confused expression all over her face.

 

“Nara! You’re up!” Jungkook exclaimed. He helped her to sit down, but she doesn't have that much of energy, so she continued to lie down in the bed.

“Where am I? What are you doing here?” Nara asked, still feeling the dizziness’ in her head.

“You’re in the hospital. Do you remember what happened?” Jungkook asked trying to slowly fill her mind with her incident, because the nurse said that it could hurt her head.

“Why? Why am I here?” she shoots several questions that Jungkook doesn't understand clearly what happened. “All I remembered was that I fall—no someone pushed me, I clearly remembered that someone touched my back and then I fell—I fell on the dry leaves and then…” Nara paused.

“And then…” Jungkook tried to trigger her memory, but Nara couldn't continue her sentence—she couldn't she forgot that she hit her head to a tree.

“I don't know, my head hurts…” Nara said while rubbing the part of her head that hurt most.

“Do you need something? Can I buy you some food?” Jungkook asked hoping that his presence can help her. “I’ll go buy something downstairs and call the nurse…”

 

A few minutes later after Jungkook left, a nurse came by and asked her to go the doctor who took care of her to take a few tests. The nurse helped her to sit on the wheelchair and pushed her to the destination that the nurse was ordered to go.

 

Taehyung, on the other hand; saw his opportunity to leave. He walked out normally, not wanting to act suspicious. He went downstairs, but he feels like he shouldn’t go home just yet. So, he stayed a few hours after Nara was being sent back to her room and checked if Jungkook was still out of the room.

 

He knocks several times and opened the door. Nara wasn't really paying attention and tried not move much, she wasn't facing the door, so she doesn't know who entered the room and thinking it’s probably Jungkook who came back from the store downstairs.

 

“You okay?” But, she knows this isn’t Jungkook’s voice.

Although, it hurts her whole body to move she still manage too turn around and saw that Taehyung was there; standing before her. Something that she didn't expect, he actually cares.

 

“Taehyung…” she sighed, she was happy that Taehyung actually cares.

“I’m just here to know what happened—I’m nosy.” He said with no straight expression on his face and made Nara’s feeling go down the toilet.

 

The nurse from last night came by; knowing that she had woke up and gave her the medicine she was told to give. She went by her bedside and gave her a tablet and a glass of water.

 

“Wow, you’re husband is really nice. He stays here for almost a night. I told him to sleep on the couch, but he didn't…” she shrugs. 

 

Nara choked and spit out the water. She coughs several times and looked at Taehyung.

 

“I didn't!” Taehyung exclaimed, “What kind of nurse are you? Making their patient choke?” Taehyung tries to offend her, but she doesn't understand.

“Umm… Okay. What ever you say, dear boy…” the nurse simply replied and went outside after her task was done.

“Dear boy, huh?” Nara repeats what the nurse said with a light laugh, “Is it true?” she asked, hoping that Taehyung would give the answer she wants.

“No.” Taehyung answered, “I’m going to go—don't want to bump into your creepy boyfriend again, right?” he said with an exaggerating expression and walked out.

 

Jungkook came out, a few minutes after Taehyung left. He saw the expression on Nara’s face, he thought she looked like that because she was sick, but she wasn't sick she was just injured and there’s a huge difference between the two.

 

“You look even paler… What happened?” he asked.

“It’s nothing, I still don't have enough energy to do anything… I’ll sleep some more—you should probably go home.” She said covering her body with the white blanket from the hospital, “I’ll be okay…”

 

Jungkook didn't want to leave, but Nara can feel that someone was there. Jungkook stood still; maybe that Nara would change her mind and let him accompany her for the night.

 

“Jungkook, please…” it still hurts for her to move, so she asked Jungkook without making herself move, maybe it’ll convince him to leave her alone for the night. He wanted to say a few things before he leave, but Nara doesn't seem to take interest in him, he left several minutes until he was sure that Nara isn’t going to turn around to see him.

 

The next morning comes quickly and Jungkook was already by her bedside, asleep. Although that Nara was happy that he was always there for her, the part always sometimes annoys her, she just wanted to be left alone, but there are always people who came and disturb her time alone.

 

She sat up and grabbed her Intravena holder. She stood up and at the same time Jungkook woke up.

 

“Oh, you’re up!” he said while rubbing his eyes, “Where are you going?”

“To the restroom—“ she replied, but Jungkook cut her off.

“Do you need my help?” he stood up from his chair, but Nara shook her head and went to the restroom.

 

She locked the doors and then suddenly, someone’s hand was covering , she wanted to scream, but his hand was too strong. Her last hope was to hit his stomach with her elbow, he suddenly back away.

 

“Oh my God, what are you doing here?!” he exclaimed.

“Sshhhh…” he whispered.

“What are you doing here? Answer my question!” she exclaimed.

“I was forced to stay here…”

“Why?” she asked, first because she was shocked that he was here and she really needed to pee.

“Let me finish! You’re boyfriend is outside I can’t go anywhere! He would ask me ridiculous things that I can’t make up an answer…” he explained with a tone of complain in his voice.

“Okay, first he is not my boyfriend and second I don't care get out, I need to do my business…” she ordered.

 

Taehyung scoffs and crossed his arms.

 

“Oh, don't mind me… Just think that I’m not here.” He stated simply.

“Oh my God, how could I not mind you? Technically, you are there—right in front of me and you can see everything” Nara explained, wanting to pull her hair from her head, he’s making her going crazy.

“Tch, everything? You’re exaggerating. There’s nothing to see here…” He said turning his back on her.

“Then, GET OUT!” Nara exclaimed, while pushing him towards the door.

“Hey, hey wait. What about him?” he tries to make Nara stop pushing him and get exposed to Jungkook.

“I don't care…” Nara sighed heavily.

“That’s the problem, you do care…” Taehyung replied, with a smirk on his face.

Nara became speechless, out of all things she does care about him, no matter how much she tries to deny it, somehow at some point she does.

“Then, what am I going to do?” She asked changing the topic, “I really need to do my business—like really.”

“Tell your boyfriend to get out first, then and only then I’ll leave.” He ordered.

“He is NOT my boyfriend! Ugh!” she stomped on the floor and went out.

“Who were you talking to?” Jungkook asked, once she stepped out of the bathroom.

“No one…” she lied.

“I’m sure I heard someone. A guy's voice...” Jungkook stated. “What were you doing, really?”

“I was just practicing my man voice.”