Chapter 28

Don't Marry Me

Dote

Taehyung left Nara behind, with her heart beating rapidly—maybe even faster than a running cheetah. She promised herself to move on from him, but why has he been doing these things for the last few days? She was fine all this time, trying to maintain her feelings. Ever since she was rejected and then married, she promised herself to forget about him and hoped that she would never like him ever again, but every time he appears, and even worse, touches her, she is overwhelmed. Now she is unsure that she could keep her own promise, but what if she can’t?

           

She throws the trash into the bin and left the convenience store. She walked slowly towards her house, hoping that it could give her time to act normal and pretend nothing ever happen. She took a deep breath and stared at her house before entering. Taking a few minutes to take control of her expression and preparing what she would say to Taehyung, when she entered their room. She let out a heavy sigh and pushed the door and went inside, she purposely went to the kitchen and took a glass of chocolate milk to waste the time. Finally, after having nothing else to do, she went upstairs and stopped in from of their room. Thinking of a few words that she should say.

 

Hey, how—umm no I don't think so.

What are you doing?

Maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. 

 

Without thinking too long, she finally pushed her door wide open and saw that the lights are off. She walked inside and all the light because she couldn't see anything at all.

 

“Turn it off!” Taehyung shouted from under the blanket.

 

Nara immediately pressed all the light switches and the room was back into a blurry sight. She couldn't move an inch, because she was afraid that she would bump in to something and brake it. So, she stood there and put down her bag, that was the most she could do in the dark.

“I can’t see anything.” She said softly, hoping that Taehyung would hear her and let her turn on at least one light.  

 

Suddenly, the lights went on and Taehyung was in front of her so painfully close, she couldn't help but to hold her breath in surprise. Her spine cringed she looked up and Taehyung was already looking at her.

 

“Now, you can everything.” He said

“Ye—yeah.” She nodded nervously, “Umm, can you please step back?” She put both of her hands in front of his chest, close enough to touch it but she didn't.

“What if I can’t do that?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Then I’ll be forced to push you out of the way.” She titled her head while looking at him, she could fell her heartbeat going faster, pumping like there was no more blood to be pumped. “Go away!” No. Don’t, get closer please.

“Do you still like me?” he asked changing the subject.

 

She was flustered not knowing how to respond to his sudden question.

 

“What?” she asked, because her brain could not comprehend.

“Never mind.” He stepped back as she wished and went back to bed, “Make sure to turn off the lights when you’re done—whatever you’re doing.” He stated and covered himself with the blanket.

 

Nara stood there and leaned back on the wall, because apparently her legs were becoming weak after Taehyung’s sudden attack. She took a few deep breaths and tries to calm herself down, making sure her heart rate has gone down to normal. After she was sure that her legs could carry her to the bathroom, she pushed herself off the wall and took her towel.

 

Since tomorrow is Saturday, Nara decided to have a movie night. After doing her night rituals, she went downstairs and took the instant popcorn that she bought a few weeks ago, but never got a chance to eat it yet. She put the popcorn inside the oven and set the timer to three minutes and fifteen seconds, she took out the glass and poured herself another glass full of chocolate milk. Looking at the timer, the oven would open in ten seconds. Watching how the popcorn bag expands and listening to the popcorn pops because of the heat, just like her heart pops when Taehyung was incredibly close with her, maybe until the gap between their chest are closed. She took out the popcorn and poured it into a big bowl and took brought it to the living room. Nara left her popcorn in the couch and went to the cabinet to find something interesting to watch.

 

It’s been a while since she watched something below her age, so she took The Lion King 2 DVD and opened the file.

 

Lion King is the best movie of all times and I’m young enough to watch this.

 

 She nodded to herself that this movie is going to be great. She tried to remember things from the Lion King 2, maybe there are lines that she remembers and would like to recite it along with the movie, but no the only thing she remembers about Lion King was that Scar’s heir Kovu fell in love with Simba’s daughter, Kiara. She pressed play and took her popcorn bowl; she started picking that popcorn one by one while watching the movie opening with the African style song.  

 

On the other hand, Taehyung who was pretending to sleep, he waited for Nara to jump into the bed where he can feel her mass beside him, but after a few minutes he noticed that Nara wasn't in the room or in the bathroom. He sat up and looked around, maybe she was around struggling somewhere. Sadly, Taehyung couldn't see anything in the dark, he could find Nara before because he cleared out the path from the bed to the door, and so it was easy for him to reach her. Now, he couldn't barely see anything, so he started to look for his phone on the desk lamp beside his bed and once he obtained the item he looked for her immediately, turning it on and using the light to find his way out of the room.

 

He saw lights coming from the living room he heard sounds, but couldn't make sense of what that movie was. He thought, that maybe it was his parents or his wife’s parents, maybe they were watching those movies, that’s why he couldn't hear anything, or maybe it was Nara she wasn't in the room, so maybe she was watching those kind of movies. He’s going to catch her red handed, finding the perfect time to get her watching those scenes. He jumped to the living room without hesitation and shouted.

 

“I got you!” He shouted while pointing at the television at the same time.

“AHH!” Nara shouted and she throws her bucket of popcorn to the floor in surprise. “What was that about?” she grunted, looking at the mess she made.

“I thought you we’re watching that kind of movie—sorry.” He apologizes while looking at the mess he indirectly made.

“What kind of movie?” Nara asked, while cleaning up the popcorn that fell to the floor.

Those kind—never mind, I’m going back to bed.” He replied and left her with her popcorn.

 

Sunday ended pretty quickly and Nara was ready for the day, she headed downstairs and on the counter waiting for her mom to make finish making her breakfast, sadly she made porridge for the morning so she couldn't bring it on the way to school. When she was about to make her second spoonful of porridge Taehyung entered the kitchen, making her uncomfortable and ate a few spoonful as fast as she can, of course it wasn't finished but she didn't care. To took three cookies from the jar and said goodbye to her mom.

 

“Hey. You didn't finish your breakfast!” her mom shouted from the kitchen.

“I’m full, I have cookies to fill in the rest on my stomach. By, love you.” She said with a smile and left before Taehyung or her mom could reply.

 

She arrived at school thirty minutes before the bell rang, so she has time to study for the math quiz that was announced on the classroom door, everyone who saw the announcement panicked and was studying as much as they could. Nara was in her locker getting the notes that she had taken last week, when she closed her locker Jungkook was there, with a smile on his face.

 

“Hi!” Nara greeted, she was happy that she could see him.

“Would you like to go out with me?” he asked without wasting too much time.

“I’m sorry?” Nara blinked a few times.

“Let’s go out—I said I liked you and you kind of said that you like me too, but if you don't want to—I mean it’s fine, but—“

“I would love to.” She said, with a warm smile.

“What?” he said without noticing, because he was blabbering too much.

“I would love to.” She said, repeating her answer.

“O—okay, good, it’s a date then.” He said while trying not to stutter, but obviously he fall flat.

“Okay, I’ll—I’ll see you at lunch!” Nara was also nervous, she didn't exactly know why she responded to his proposal so quickly, but it made her happy.

 

Going on a date, without someone who she doesn't have any grudges against is great, because maybe if it were Taehyung she would be having cold sweat the whole day. Beside, maybe this date could put Taehyung aside since that was her goal when he rejected her in such a disdainful way.

 

Jungkook was already at their table when Nara arrived. She sat in front of him and smiled.

 

“So, where should we go?” she asked, while cutting the chicken into small pieces.

“Where would you like to go?” he asked her back.

“Anywhere is fine really.” She replied, with her mouthful of chicken.

“I’ll plan something, trust me.” He said making sure that he got it under control.

“Okay…” she smiled and Jungkook smiled back.

 

After school Jungkook was leaning in front of her locker waiting for her to come.

 

“Jungkook, what are you doing here?” she asked, “I need to put my books away.”

Jungkook moved aside.

 

“Can I walk you home?” he asked.

“Oh, no it’s fine really, besides your house and mine are in the opposite directions.” She replied.

 

 Actually, she didn't want Taehyung to see her with Jungkook; she didn't want to answer any redundant question that Taehyung would ask. More over she didn't want Taehyung to see it in the wrong way.

 

“It’s fine really, I can take the subway or the bus.” He tried to convince her, that he’s okay with it.

“No, really it’s fine.” She insisted, “I can go by myself.”

“Is it because of Taehyung?” Jungkook asked, like he was reading her mind.

 

Her eyes bulge, trying not to act as surprise as she is on the inside, but Jungkook saw how her expression slightly changed.

 

“So, it is because of him.” He looked down, somehow feeling like he was losing and Taehyung is winning with no efforts at all—he thinks that it’s not fair.

“No, it’s not!” she exclaimed, but she didn't have any reason to back it up.

“Then what is it?” he asked, trying not to push her too far.

 

Nara sighed heavily, because she new she can’t defend herself and immediately gave up.

 

“I don't care if you guys are married—what I know is that his feelings for you is not husband material, so I don't really care what he thinks.” Jungkook tried to convince Nara that he is just husband by law, but no by heart.

 

In the end Nara nodded, “Yeah, sure you can take me home.” She didn't want to believe what Jungkook said about Taehyung, but when she thinks about it; he was right every single word he said made sense and why would she still want to be with Taehyung, when their feeling aren’t mutual? Maybe she really should put an effort on moving on, because these past few months she’s always gave in to Taehyung.

 

 She managed to draw a smile on her face so that Jungkook wouldn't feel bad.