Chapter 10

Don't Marry Me

All or Nothing

“Can we please just rest for a while?” One of the members in Jungkook’s group  nagged.

“It's almost lunch time and you didn't even give us time to eat. Chill Jungkook it's not like we’re going to die if we don't find them.” Nara said leaning to the nearest tree.

“Fine, half an hour and we’ll continue…” he put his bag and took his water bottle.

 

Everyone sighed and fell to the ground, “Oh, thank God!” they started to unpack and served their meals. They all ate deliciously, but Jungkook was busy looking around for the materials they need to collect, he didn't walk very far, but still he’d rather find their materials than eat. Nara came by with a bulgogi in her chopstick.

 

“Jungkook, eat” Nara pushed her chopstick towards his lips and he ate it wholeheartedly. “I can see that you’re hungry, why don't you come and eat?” Nara was worried about Jungkook, as much as she wants to win, eating comes first.

“I think there’s something suspicious around those trees and I want to check it out…” Before he could finish his sentence, Nara pulled his right ear and told him to sit down.

“I’ll check it out, You, eat!” she demanded and walked towards the tree that Jungkook pointed before.

 

He was right, there was something on that tree, she climbed the tree and when she was about to get the box, someone shot her with a water gun hard enough to make her fall from the tree, along with the box. When she falls, she felt like she didn't fell directly to the ground and that someone was under her.

 

“Taehyung! Oh, my God! What are you doing?” Nara exclaimed and clean up her clothes.

“I’m here to get that—“ Taehyung exclaimed and ran towards the box, Nara followed him and jumped to grab him, but in turns out that Taehyung looked back and Nara falls on him.

 

Nara closed her eyes, because she thought that she would fell directly to the ground. After a few seconds of closing her eyes tightly, she slowly opened them one by one. Her face and Taehyung’s was so close, until their nose touched each other. Kissing distance. Taehyung is also closing his eye, wondering it might happen the same to him. He opened his eyes seconds’ later and pushed Nara aside.

 

“Really? Seriously? Is pushing really your best solution?” she exclaimed with a furrowed eyebrow and ran towards the box, she took the box, but when she was going back. Taehyung attacked her from the side and pinned her to a tree.

"It seems so..." Taehyung stated. 

“Let go!” Nara struggles, but no matter how hard she tries Taehyung was too strong for her. “Let me go!” she exclaimed and gave him a cold stare.

“Give me the box…” He said lightly.

“Ugh, No!” She tries to make herself taller so that Taehyung couldn't reach for her hand.

“I don't have to do this, don't I?” he asked as he pulled his face closer and closer every second to hers.

“Sto—stop it!” she exclaimes, but Taehyung didn't listen, his face keeps coming closer, until Nara could feel his breath on her lips.

“What are you doing?” They heard a guy’s voice and Taehyung was the only one who can see who it is. 

“Nothing. Why?” Taehyung replied casually.

"It doesn't look like nothing to me." Jungkook replied, while shaking his head.

 

Nara pushed Taehyung strong enough to break free from his grip.

 

“Jungkook! Oh, thank God!” Nara exclaimed and ran to his side. “I got something, you were right, there was something on the tree…” Nara explained and walked away towards her team.

“Nothing, huh?” Jungkook scoffs and followed Nara.

“Damn it! That was close…”Taehyung kicked he fallen leaves and walked to the opposite way.

“What were you guys doing?” Jungkook asked looking back making sure that Taehyung wasn't following them.

“It was nothing. He was just trying to get the box from me and I kept it safe. That’s what matters right?” she asked trying to avoid “the” conversation.

“Oh, well where is it?” he asked.

“Here…” Nara handed the box to him and helped her friends to pack up who are finished eating, just so Jungkook can focus on his precious box and not discuss about what just happen. “We’re finished and ready to go!” Nara exclaimed.

 

"Great. Let's move!" Jungkook exclaimed excitedly.

 

Jungkook was back on the game, he didn't mind about what happen to Nara or Taehyung. He fined his way to get the materials that he need, so far he got six materials and he’s the only one who is still up for the task while the other was falling behind. The sky is getting darker and one more material needs to be found.

 

Unfortunately, their team lost by one minutes from Taehyung’s team. Jungkook was pissed, not only he have to clean the dishes, but he lost, just losing makes him go crazy. He didn't have any appetite and didn't touch his food, although his friends told him to eat and comforted him he still feel bad.

 

Nara asks her team to take him some place else; they took Jungkook to his cabin and left her to wash the dishes. She spent the whole washing 150 dishes all by herself. Her arms felt sore after washing 50 plates there are still 100 more. She took out her phone and played her recently created playlist, after a few seconds of getting the beat she starts to dance along with the song while washing the dishes. She increases the volume until the whole kitchen was filled with her songs.

 

She danced along like there’s no one there, but then suddenly her songs stopped playing and she stopped in her current pose, which was totally awkward.

 

“What are you doing?” someone asked, his tone was in confusion.

She turned around and gasped in shock, “What are you doing here?”

“You didn't answer my question…” he walked passed her towards the water dispenser, “I’m here to get water. You?”

“Washing dishes—Hey! Don't touch my stuff!” she grabs her phone away from his hand. “It’s private!” she locked her phone and shove it down her pocket.

“Ooh… So feisty!” he exclaimed to himself. He walks to the exit and stop before taking another step. “Need some help with that?” he asked looking at the huge amount of dishes needed to be washed.

“No, thank you…”she said with a just-go-away smile.

“Really? Cause it looks like its never going to be finished until tomorrow morning…” he raised an eyebrow.

“Do what ever you want. I don't care…” she sighed deeply and continued scrubbing the plate.

“Okay then” he came over and start soaping the plates, handed her when it is finished.

 

Nara didn't want to talk or say anything that could start a conversation; she kept her mind busy with something else.

 

“I can see that he likes you” he stated while washing the dishes.

“Who?” she asked and turned her head to him, waiting for his answer.

“That Jungkook guy of course. He likes you.” he answered with a satisfying smile on his face.

“Okay, first I don't why are you taking interest in him and second he doesn't like me. He’s just being friendly…” she explained trying to avoid topic.

“Please, I’m a guy and I know what guys do when they like someone…” he turned his head to her.

“Really? Then what do they do?” she asked, doubting that he doesn't know anything at all.

“You really want to know?” he asked putting the plates down. He took a step closer to Nara without hesitation.

“Whoa! What are you doing?” she asked for his sudden move.

“There are three things, that guys do when they like someone. First, they would do a lot of skinship” he walked a few steps closer. “Second, they would do anything you ask just so that you would be happy.” He took another step. “And, last he would always be curious of your life—always trying to connect the dots before yourself.” The last step makes Nara’s back hit the wall.

“Taehyung, stop!” she squealed.

“I mean, it’s just three out of thousand things…” he said putting his hand right next to her head, making sure there’s no way out.

“Let me go…” she said, tired of his game.

“I think, we should continue our business down at the woods…” a smirk formed in his lips.

“Wha-what are you talking about?” then she remembered what happened down at the woods, it makes her heart go out of place, beating like crazy and yet have to keep herself to stay sane.

 

He leans closer and closer every second, until Nara can feel his breath on her lips again, she closed her eyes and that he would do what she expects him to do.

 

Taehyung let out a chuckle and took his hand away from the wall and gave Nara the space she needed.

 

“You really think that I would kiss you?” he asked while laughing to his own joke.

Nara opens her eyes abruptly and frowned. “Why are you even here?” she asked trying to avoid the awkward feeling she just got.

“Honestly? I’m bored. I’m am one room with your boyfriend—“

“He is not my boyfriend! Jeez..."

“Okay, your guy-friend and he keeps checking his phone asking my other roommate about you. He keeps having this dilemma to call your or not to call you…” he sighed and walked out, but before he disappear completely he said, “He likes you, okay?”

 

She rolled her eyes, and continued washing the dishes, thanks to Taehyung the dishes are decreasing fast. She finished washing and head back to her room.

 

“Where were you?” Jein asked in exclaim when Nara entered the room. “The teacher who’s checking attendance is asking about you…”

“Really? Well, didn't she know that I have to do the dishes because my team lost?” she crossed her arms.

“Oh… You were.” She pretends to cough and sat on her bed. “Just don't come back so late!” she exclaimed.

“Noted…” she sighed heavily and headed to the bathroom.

“Does washing dishes really take that long?” Jangmi came running to her with a smile.

“What do you mean?” Nara asked, but Jangmi didn't give her any response.