Chapter 22

Don't Marry Me

Something About the Sunshine

 

Taehyung forgot to close the curtains last night, making the sunlight heat up his bed and his body, and eventually he woke up, sweating.  He looked up to the window, but the sun was too bright. He stood up and closed the curtain himself, then threw himself back to bed, but his face hit his phone, he raised his head with his eyes still shut and took his phone. He pressed the unlock button to check what time is was -- and it was midday; which was almost time for lunch.

 

He wore the same pants and shirt as yesterday, because he was too lazy to go through his luggage. He went out to the restaurant near the lobby; since it was a buffet he could take as much food as he wanted. He didn't know what to do so he went to the poolside bar and got a drink. He waited for the bartender to make his drink, he looked around to see if his parents were around so he could maybe convince them to let him go home earlier. Unexpectedly, he saw Nara and Jungkook walking together towards the bar.

 

He turned his head around and put on his sunglasses, hoping that they didn't notice his presence.

 

“So, yeah… That’s the story behind my scar.” Jungkook finished his sentence. Taehyung was shocked that he could hear his voice.

 

There can only be two possibilities; I have superpowers with super hearing power or they’re sitting right behind me.

 

Taehyung didn't want to look back to check his prediction. He accepted his drink from the bartender and slurped it down as fast as he could, but his stomach was still full from the breakfast/lunch he just had.

 

“Jungkook, can I ask you something ridiculous?” Nara asked carefully.

 

Taehyung’s ear became attentive and making him nosy about her question. He tried to lean back slowly, so that he could hear their conversation better.

 

“Yeah, sure!” Jungkook replied.

“What do you think about arranged marriages?” she asked, looking at Jungkook’s face the whole time to see if his expression would change and it did.
“Whoa, okay. This is the first time someone has asked me about an arranged marriage…” Jungkook stated, but he never thought about it, because nowadays people marry based on their choices.

“So, what do you think?” Nara demands an answer.

“Umm… I never thought about it actually, it’s just—well—umm I think that maybe their parents want to keep up the tradition—“

“What about arranged marriages because of a company collaboration?” Nara cut Jungkook off and asked her next question.

“Umm—I don't—I think, no stop!” Jungkook surrenders, “Why are talking about arranged marriages? Is someone getting an arranged marriage? Are you—?”

“Hey, guys!” Taehyung barged into their conversation, because he didn't want Nara to say anything weird.

 

They both turned their heads, Nara was surprised and held her breath.

 

“I couldn't overhear your conversation, what are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing!” Nara exclaimed, before Jungkook could respond.

“Oh yeah, I wanted to find you Taehyung, you know so we can hang out. Good idea right?” Jungkook proposed.

“The three of us?” Taehyung wanted clarification.

“Yeah, of course!” Jungkook nodded.

“That sounds like a great idea!” Taehyung replied.

Bad idea!” Nara curled her eyebrows and shook her head a few times to Jungkook, hoping that he would understand her sign and take her somewhere else.

 

Jungkook did noticed and he curled his eyebrows asking, Why not?

Nara replied by shaking her head and her eyebrows are meeting in the middle between her eyes, Just no!

 

Jungkook turned to Taehyung, “Umm—maybe we should hang out next time.” He grabbed Nara’s wrist and took her away from him.

 

“Why don't you want to hang out with him?” Jungkook asked after finding a good spot to sit.

“I just don't feel comfortable, because he’s one of those people…” Nara explained simply, looking down because she knows Taehyung. “Why do you want to hang out with him anyway?” she asked.

“I don't know—isn’t it a coincidence that we’re all here?” Jungkook asked.

“Umm… No.” Nara replied. “Can we do something else now?” She asked trying to make the mood bright.

 

Jungkook was silent for a while, thinking of what they should do and then one thing popped into his mind.

 

“What about sauna?” he recommended.

“You want to go to the sauna?” Nara asked, “In the summer? Really?”

 

Since they had nothing to do, Nara agreed to go to the sauna and maybe have a little massage. Nara formed an “okay” sign with her fingers and they both headed to the hotel’s spa.

 

Nara changed her clothes into a pink set and Jungkook wore a blue set. They went out of the changing room at the same time and they looked at each other.

 

“Haha… This is cute!” Nara exclaimed, looking at herself and Jungkook wearing couple clothes.

“Let’s take a picture!” Jungkook suggested, while taking out his phone out of his pocket.

They both posed with a piece sign, while Jungkook counted to three.

 

“Can I see it?” Nara asked excitedly, waiting Jungkook to respond.

 

Jungkook gave his phone to Nara and they looked at the picture together.

 

“This is so cute!” Nara laughed. “Can you send it to me?”

“Yeah, sure!” Jungkook sent their picture immediately.

 

Jungkook always felt something for Nara, but this time he cared for her maybe even more, but he was not sure about his feelings. Every time he was with her the place would be bright and cheerful, but when she was sad he could feel her pain and hoped that him being there for her will cheer her up.

 

“Oh, I got it.” Nara checked her phone, “Let’s go!” she put her arm around his neck and dragged him to the sauna.

 

They spent less than five minutes therg and were already sweating heavily. They noticed that there were no other people at the sauna.

 

“Jungkook, I think—I think this is a really bad idea.” She rubbed her forehead with her hand and it was like she was taking a shower with her sweat. “Let’s just go to the massage center, this !”

 

Jungkook nodded in agreement, he didn't say anything, because he was also sweating like crazy. They finally enjoyed the massage and without noticing Nara fell asleep during the massage.

 

Jungkook waited in the spa’s lobby, while drinking a glass of ice tea for relaxation. Finally, after waiting half an hour for Nara she finally woke up and sat in front of Jungkook.

 

“Still sleepy?” he asked.

Nara shook her head, while rubbing her eyes.

 

“I ordered iced tea for you—you know so you won’t feel sleepy anymore.” He joked.

 

They spent the afternoon together, but sadly Jungkook had to cover the night shift because there was going to be an event in the poolside. He locked his phone and put it in his back pocket.

 

“I have to go back to cover the night shift, someone’s throwing a party. So I have to go…” he said pouting his lips.

“It’s okay. Thanks to you, I had fun today.” She smiled, telling Jungkook it’s okay.

“I had fun too…” he said simply, while going closer to Nara.

“What?” she asked looking at his face so close to hers.

“Nothing.” He backed away because he thought that it was too fast. “I’ll see you tomorrow!” he waved at her while walking further away, but then suddenly he stopped and turned around.

 

He ran back to Nara and stopped right in front of her.

 

“What? Did you forgot something?” she asked looking around.

“Yes.” Jungkook replied simply, without taking his eyes off her. “This.” He leaned closer and kissed her cheek, he ran away before Nara could say anything.

 

Nara walked to her hotel room; with her head still in the clouds. She touched the cheek that Jungkook kissed, while remembering the moment in slow motion. Without noticing, Taehyung was waiting in front of her room.

 

“Watch where you’re going!” Taehyung exclaimed, while leaning back to the wall.

“Oh. Sorry…” Nara’s expression turned bitter, because of Taehyung. Nara took out the card key, but before she could scan her card Taehyung distracted her.

 

“You should really watch what you’re going to say…” he commented.

“What do you mean?” she asked, pretending not to know.

“Please…” Taehyung rolled his eyes, “You know exactly what I’m talking about!”

“It wasn't your business!” Nara exclaimed.

“How would you know that he wouldn’t blabber to everyone at school?” he asked.

“I trust him—“

“I don't!” Taehyung cut her off. “Just watch your mouth!” he ordered and headed back to his room.

 

“What’s his problem?”