Chapter 20

Don't Marry Me

Peregrination

“Guys, get ready, we are going in an hour!” Mr. Kim shouted right outside the door.

“Yeah, got it mom!” Taehyung shouted back in response.

 

Taehyung walked towards the bed, he looked at Nara one last time and pulled the blanket from her. She didn't wake up, but her eyebrows squinted and her hands searched around for the blanket.

 

“Up!” he exclaimed, “Get up!”

“Hmm…” Nara tried to open her eyes, but her eyelids were too heavy. She managed to open her eyes, but her head hurt if she moved too much. She sat up and rubbed he head. Her hair was messy and her clothes were ruined. “What?”

She asked half asleep.

“Family trip.” He said crossing his arms, “My mom has been calling us.” He walked towards the wardrobe, searching for comfortable clothes to wear.

 

He took a pair of jeans and a white shirt, then went to the bathroom to change. A few minutes later he stepped out and went to the corner where he always charged his phone.

 

Oh. My. God! He looks so damn hot! Whoa!

 

Nara’s eyes bulged looking at Taehyung wearing that shirt. Out of all the days that Nara saw him, she had only thought that he was good looking, now she thinks he is hot. She stood up and tilted her head, looking at him like there was an angelic light behind him.

 

“What?” Taehyung broke her imagination.

“What?” she asked snapping out. Realizing what she did, she immediately looked away and went to the closet to find a suitable outfit for the day.

It took a long time for her to take a shower, because her head was still spinning and her eyelids were so heavy.  She put her legs into the blue hot pants, she jumped several times making sure that the pants hugged her perfectly. She moved on to the shirt and snuggled into her favorite yellow striped shirt. She decided to make her hair in a ponytail.

 

“Hurry up!” Taehyung knocked on the door several times.

 

Nara was shocked and immediately opened the door.

 

“Sorry…” she said while fixing her ponytail, making sure it would stay put. When she walked out she didn't know that Taehyung was in her way and bumped into his chest.

 

“Hmph!” she looked up and saw that Taehyung was looking down at her. “Ouch?” she said trying to make it look like an accident. Well, technically it was.

“Watch where you're going!” he exclaimed and moved out of her way. “Can we please hurry up? My mom has been calling us for hours.” He cried trying to make her pace go faster.

“For hours? You’re exaggerating.” She took her purse and shoved her phone inside, “Let’s go.”

 

Taehyung was already at the door downstairs. Nara stopped before closing the bedroom door, looking at her crutches; she smiled briefly thinking that she won’t need a third and a fourth leg again. Their parents were already by the door and starting to put their luggage into the van. Nara put her bags beside her parents and waited until they loaded the whole thing.

 

“Let’s go!” her dad invited while closing the trunk.

 

They went inside one by one, making sure they got a comfortable space. Both of the dads immediately immersed themselves in talking about business and the moms talked about women problems that both Nara and Taehyung couldn't understand.

Along the noisy trip, Nara and Taehyung didn't speak or communicate in anyway. They kept looking out the window, looking outside and wondering when are they were going to get out of this van. After a long time looking at the endless road, they leaned back while thinking of something to kill the time. Sometimes, Nara would take a peak at Taehyung, wondering if he was as bored as her.

 

So he’s also bored, good, I have a friend.

 

She looked out the window once again to at least kill 10 seconds, but still the crowded car distracted her and they both weren’t even speaking, she wanted to talk to Taehyung, but her insides told her not to. She took a peak at Taehyung once again, but he caught her eyes and she immediately look away— she was surprised and her heart beat a little bit faster than usual.

 

She turned her head towards him slowly, so that he won’t notice her, but he was still there in his previous position looking, he was looking and is looking at her, she was taken by surprise, she wanted to look away, but his eyes pierced so deep in hers, she didn’t feel like moving. His expression changed after a few seconds, he smirked then turned it into a smile in split seconds and then he laughed. Without knowing Nara also laughed because she knew his reason why.

 

After three hours of sitting in that narrow spaced car, they finally arrived at their destination. The dads went out first and took the luggage to the main lobby.

 

“Tell me, why are we here again?” Nara asked.

“To have fun darling and you should too…” Her mom answered while heading towards the pool, along with Taehyung’s mom.

“Woof~” she replied while swaying her fist like a dog.

 

The administration people gave her room card. She took her luggage, dragging them to the elevator, waiting for it to come down from the 21th floor she pokes her cheeks a few times and then Taehyung came over.

 

“So…” he said, “What should we do here?”

“You're asking me?” she raised an eyebrow, “Like I know what’s good here.” She stated and went inside the elevator.

“I got the brochure.” He pointed out, “Let’s just scope the place out!”

 

Did he just ask me? Did he? Am I hearing this right?

 

Of course she wouldn't say no, “Ye—yeah sure, why not!” she replied.

“Great then, let’s go after we put our stuff away.” He said pressing the floor of their room. She responded with light nod and blushed; she looked the other way so Taehyung wouldn’t be able to see it.

 

 They arrived at their floor and dragged their stuff outside, she walked outside and placed her card up to the scanner, but Taehyung placed his card first.

 

“This is my room.” He stated.

“Uh, no this is my room.” Nara replied.

“Maybe you got it wrong, look at your card.” He ordered.

 

She took a peak at her card and match the number on the door.

 

“Look,” she pointed out, “1930 and look at the door 1930. Why don't you check yours? Maybe you read it wrong.” She replied.

 

Taehyung flipped his card and read the numbers on the bottom;

 

“I’m also 193…” he froze looking at his card and sighed heavily.

“Continue.” She wanted him to go through with it.

“One.” He finishes his sentence. “Mine is 1931. Sorry.” He dragged his luggage to the room next door and went inside.

 

“Oh my God. Oh my God! That was so embarrassing.” He threw his backpack to his bed and he dropped flatly on the bed.

As he promised he changed his clothes and took the brochure he took from the lobby. He put on his sunglasses and head outside. He waited in front of the elevator, which was actually near Nara’s room. After a few minutes of waiting, she walked finally stepped outside.

 

“Ah, it’s nice to have my own room for once.” He stated.

“You must be happy. Well, congratulations, you’re free from me. “ Nara replied.

“Thank you.” He said with full of exaggeration in his face.

“Let’s just go.” Nara walked towards the elevator and pressed the button.

 

When they arrived at the lobby Nara went towards the pool just to check it out, when suddenly her mother spotted her and waved at her to come over to her bench. She ran towards her without telling Taehyung, but he would know because his mother was also there, sitting next to Nara’s mother.

 

Her mother’s bench was on the other side of the pool so Nara had to walk a bit further. When suddenly, she walked around the bar someone called her and she knew it wasn't Taehyung’s voice.

 

“Nara!” he exclaimed.

 

She took a peak and saw that it was Jungkook running towards her. She fastened her pace and put on her beach hat and her sunglasses on, hoping that Jungkook would let her pass by.

 

“Hey, Nara.” He shouted, “Wait up!”

 

Jungkook didn't want to lose her and ran faster, and then finally he grabbed her wrist and turned her around.

 

“Jungkook,” Nara pretended that she was happy to see him, “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I know it was you.” He said while trying to catch his breath. “Why did you run away?”

 

Because I don't want you to know why I’m here, because if I told you, you won’t understand.

 

“Me?” she asked while pointing at herself. “I’m—I’m having a family trip.” She stuttered. “Jungkook, it’s great to see you here and I love to stay and chat, but my mom is calling me—that’s why I didn't know that you were here.”

 

“It’s okay.” He replied, “I’ll see you around.”

“Okay. I hope so” Nara said while walking towards her mother.

“We should hang out here sometimes, it’s been a long time since we talk.”

“Maybe.”

 

 

She ran to her mother and stood in front of her and at the same time blocking her from the sun.

 

“What?” She crossed her arms.

 “You’re blocking my light!” she exclaimed, “Come here…” she ordered.

“What?” she knelt down and repeated her question.

“There are two reasons why we are here…”

“Which is?” she wanted her mom to say what she wanted to say in one sentence and let her roam around at her own will.

“We want you and Taehyung to get closer, so get closer.”

“And the second one?”

“We, parents need to have fun too, darling.” She replied.

“Whatever you wish, my beloved mother.” She said jokingly and walked towards Taehyung who was waiting on the bar.

 

“We should be cautious!” Nara exclaimed.

“Why?” he asked putting his drink down.

“Don't look now, but Jungkook is here.”