Chapter 3

Don't Marry Me

Me, Myself & I

The next day, Nara walked to school earlier than Taehyung. She thought that it would be nice to be alone, because after the wedding she didn’t get a chance to be by herself. Unfortunately, Taehyung caught up to her and grabbed her shoulder to stop her walking.

 

Nara didn’t know that it was him, so she kicked him in the leg.

 

“What was that for?” he exclaimed in pain, holding the part where she kicked him.

“Egh… Sorry. I didn’t know it was you” she replied and walked away.

“Hey, wait up!” he shouted loud enough for Nara to look back, but she didn’t wait up for him and continued walking.

 

Taehyung came running with a limping leg. “Hey, I need to tell you something!” he exclaimed, trying to hold the pain in and make her listen to him.

 

“What?” she asked with the hurry-up-I-gotta-go face.

“Can you not do what you did yesterday?” he asked.

“What one?” she asked him back, pretending that she didn’t know what he was talking about.

“I think you do know what I’m talking about” he said while catching his breath.

“I thought I was supposed to walk five meters away from you. So bye” she waved at him simply and ran away.

“Hey… I wasn’t finished!” he shouted, but it was too late and she was already gone.

 

He didn’t even say please. So, why should I do what he said?

 

Taehyung and Nara’s locker were not far from each other. Nara was there first, to get her books for her first period. She noticed that Jein, Taehyung’s girlfriend was waiting for him in front of his locker.

“Taehyung!” Jein exclaimed. “Why are you limping?” she said trying to help him walk.

 

Taehyung saw that Nara was there, he knew that she was trying to hide from him with her book.

“Because of her…” he pointed at Nara, who was trying to run away.

 

Jein walked towards her and stopped her from walking.

“Who do you think you are?” she asked with a y tone. “Why do you keep talking to him yesterday? And now you’re hurting him too?” she sighed heavily. “Let me try to put this down to you, gently, stay away from him or I will end your life!she explained and walked back to Taehyung.

 

Really? You asked your girlfriend to defend you? Nice.

 

At lunchtime, Nara was walking towards her seat when suddenly; Jein tripped her and smashed her face with a pie. And when she fell, she poured her chocolate milkshake to her head.

“That’s for messing with my boyfriend!” she laughed cynically and walked away with her group.

 

She stood up and ran out of the cafeteria, because everyone was laughing at her. She saw Taehyung, who was pretending not to see her. She went home early and locked the door, so no one could come in. She threw herself onto herbed and cried. At least no one was watching.

 

A few hours later, Taehyung went home, but he couldn’t open the door and noticed that it was locked. He knocked on the door a few times, but there was no response.

“Hey, open up! I know you’re in there!” he shouted from outside the room. Still, he got no response.

Nara kept herself in her room the whole day. She didn’t care about anyone or anything.

“C’mon, Nara I need to get my uniform and I haven’t taken a shower since last night. Please!” Taehyung begged and knocked on the door weakly.

 

Nara came out a few minutes after; she was ready for school and immediately went out. Without taking her breakfast, she walked slowly since she had no energy to walk. She went to her locker, by the time she arrived at school, but her locker was filled with post it notes;

 

Weirdo

 

Creeper

 

Crazy girl

 

There was a lot more, she took them off one by one and put it in the trash.

 

You do not mess with popular people.

 

She tried to keep herself strong, but tears manage to drop. She rubbed them off and focused on her next subject. She went home as fast as she could and locked herself in her room again. It had been a few days since Jein, had been terrorizing her and there was no place for her to hide.

“Until when are you going to do this, huh?” Taehyung shouted and tried to open the door several door.

 

After a few minutes of knocking on the door, Nara finally opened the door and let him in, but she didn’t say anything. Taehyung wanted to talk to her, but every time he wanted to say something, he thought that it would be better not to. That night, Nara didn’t sleep; she went to the rooftop after waiting Taehyung to fall sleep.

 

She sat on the rooftop and watched the stars, she was sleepy, but she didn’t want to sleep next to him. Suddenly, someone wrapped her with at blanket. It was Taehyung. He sat next to her, but she didn’t say anything. So, he decided to start the conversation;

“Hey…” he said with a light voice, but Nara responded only with a nod. “Are you really not going to talk to me?” he asked trying to make eye contact with her, but she kept looking at the sky.

“You know, I don’t have any friends and all I want is just a normal high school life, but now my life because your girlfriend is terrorizing me all the time…” she explained, she wanted to say more, but she didn’t have the energy to argue with him or even explain more things.

 

“It’s kinda hard to be alone and to handle that yourself,” she said with a heavy sigh.

“Just forget her, she didn’t mean it…” he said trying to explain, but Nara cut him in the middle of the sentence.

“Forget it?! How can I possibly forget what happen to me every single day?” she exclaimed.

“I didn’t meant to do that…” he tried to explain, but Nara cut him again, he knew that she was pissed, but he didn’t know how to calm her down.

“How can you think like that? You’re the one who whined to your girlfriend. You’re such a weak ; you can’t even hold the pain in! What if someone beat you up, would you go running to your mom???” She was furious, trying to let everything out, she knew she had to hold it in. 

 

She waited a few seconds for Taehyung to respond, but he didn’t so she took of the blanket from her shoulder and put in on his. “I think you need this more than I do…” she said gently and crawled back inside.

 

Taehyung felt guilty, but at the same time dumbfounded. Usually, he always had something to say, no matter what it is.

 

They didn’t talk the next day, trying to avoid each other. Well, Nara was the one who was trying to avoid them; Taehyung and his girlfriend, but Taehyung wanted to make it up to her. He noticed that he was being avoided by Nara because every time they saw each other Nara immediately went the other way.

At lunch, Nara sat at her table alone as usual, but this time Jein and her friends came and sat next with her. Nara was confused and speed up to finish her food, trying to run away before they do something.

“Eat slowly, or you’ll choke…” Jein said with cynical voice. Nara didn’t listen and continued to shove the food down .

“Jein, I think she’s not listening.” One of her friend exclaimed.

“Eat slowly or I’ll make you” Jein tries to threaten her and make her listen.

“Jein, can you please come and help me?” Taehyung came to their table.

“Oh, help you with what?” she asked pretending to be nice.

“Just, come with me and I’ll show you. By the way, don’t bother disturbing her anymore, she’s none of our business…” he explained and took his girlfriend out from the cafeteria.

“You’re just lucky, we won’t bother you anymore, but you'd better watch out…” One of Jein's friends stated and walked away.

 

Until when do I have to deal with them?

 

Nara went to her locker after lunch to grab her books for her next class, but when she opened it, sand came out, falling onto her uniform, the sand wasn’t just any ordinary sand, the sand was wet, and that makes it easier to stick to something.

 

Everyone who walked passed her was either; pointing at her, giggling by him or herself or whispering to their friends. Nara took out all the sand from her locker and there was still a few spots left, but she didn’t care. She shut her locker and went to the toilet.

 

“Did you like our surprise?” Jein said coming from one of the stall in the toilet.

“What do you want?” Nara asked trying to get this over with.

“You hurt the one I love. Well, since you got no one you love, I have to hurt you instead…” she explained, trying to make it look like it was Nara’s fault.

“It’s not my fault that your boyfriend is so weak!” Nara exclaimed, but Jein didn’t listen to what she had to say.

“Don’t talk back at me!” she shouted. “You don’t belong here. You belong—I don’t know where you belong, but where ever you came from just go back. Let me say it again… You don’t belong here” she sighed heavily. “This will be my last time, so be careful. Because I’m watching you.” She went outside and slammed the door.

 

Nara sat down in the bathroom, and sighed heavily.

 

All this? Just for one kick??? Is it really that painful or he’s just exaggerating?

 

“Do you really want to be kicked in the balls?” she shouted once she entered the bedroom.

“What are you talking about?” Taehyung asked with a puzzled expression, but tried to understand what she’s talking about.

“Are you really that weak?” she threw her bag, which almost hit Taehyung’s face, but he dodged the bullet, “What’s wrong with you?” she sighed and continued, “Can I punch you?” she tries to grab his arm, but he immediately took it away.

“No! Are you crazy?” he exclaimed.

“Who’s crazier?” she asked. “My life has become a living hell ever since you open that mouth of yours!”

“What did I do?” he asked loud enough for her to get angrier.

“You told your girlfriend about me kicking you and it wasn’t even on purpose!” she shouted.

“So, what? At least it keeps you away from me…” he stated and slammed the bathroom door.