Chapter 31

Don't Marry Me

Claimed 

Nara touched her neck in the area that Taehyung decided to mark her. She didn't know that there was a hickey flashing out from her neck. The only thing she noticed was how Taehyung’s breath was on her neck and it gave her goose bumps all over her body, she shivered trying to get rid of that feeling. She remembered that she had a date with Jungkook and immediately straightened out her mind. She ran down stairs and head to the nearest bus stop. Her bus arrived five minutes after and she was the first one to enter the bus at that station. Unfortunately, the bus seats were all occupied, so she had no choice but to stand up. It’s a fifteen-minute drive from her bus stop to her destination the air in that bus was too hot for her, so she flipped her hair into her back, giving visual aid for people to see her hickey. Everyone on that bus was starting to stare at her, snickering in silence and whispering among each other. She was starting to notice the fuss around her and then a lady—maybe a little bit older than her came up and touched her shoulder.

 

“Someone must’ve made sure no one would take you away, huh?” she raised an eyebrow maliciously.

“Excuse me?” Nara was confused; she took a step back away from the creepy lady and scoffed.

“Never mind, maybe you’ll see later.” The lady walked away into the back of the bus.

 

The bus finally came to her stop, she got down out of the bus and checked her watch, and she was already five minutes late. She ran to the park, where Jungkook had told her to meet up. Nara finally arrived at the park; she looked around to find Jungkook and found him by the fountain playing his phone in one hand, while holding a small brown paper bag on the other hand. She couldn't help, but admit that he looked good in that grey and white sweater, tight blue jeans and those classic black and white Converse shoes. Then, she realized that she never saw Jungkook that way before, all this time it was all about “friends”, but Jungkook didn't look like he was dressing up for a “friendly” date. Goosebumps started to creep into her body, making her cringe looking at how fine Jungkook looked today and it was breathtaking. Jungkook noticed her staring in those blank stare; he approached her slowly with a smile on his face.

 

“Who are you staring so intense at?” Jungkook asked her.

 

Nara blinked a few times, snapping herself back to reality.

 

“I don't know—umm there was this great looking guy just now, but I guess he’s gone.” Nara pouted and looked away.

“Could that great looking guy be me?” he asked with a smile that somehow melts her away.

“You wish.” She pushed his shoulder, knowing that she was teased.

“Okay, let’s go then. I’ve bought the ticket.” He flipped out two tickets to the Sea World.

“Sea World?” Nara exclaimed, “I’ve been wanting to go there forever!”

“It’s a good thing, I planned this then?” he asked.

“Yes!” Nara replied excitedly, while clinging her arms into his.

 

Jungkook was surprised and happy, but he didn't say anything because he didn't want her to let go. Nara smiled and Jungkook smiled along with her. They went inside and took a map out to see where they want to go first.

 

“Where would you like to go first?” Jungkook asked her, while scanning the map for some interesting places.

“Hmm—well I always wanted to see the orcas.”

“Orcas?”

 

Nara nodded and smiled.

 

“It’s that way. Let’s go.” They took their time walking towards the Big Fishes area.

“You’re right, by the way.” Nara she tried to get Jungkook’s attention.

“Right about what?” Jungkook asked.

“You’re the great looking guy.” Nara replied shamelessly.

“Really?” he asked, curving his eyebrows. “So, you take interest in me now?”

“What—no!” Nara dodge the bullet, “Just because you’re good looking doesn't mean I have to like you, right?”

“Right.” Jungkook was a little bit disappointed.

 

Nara looked at Jungkook, whose expression was drastically changed, she was surprised and she felt guilty saying that.

 

“I’m just kidding. Of course, I like you.” She said trying to make him feel better.

“You do?”

“But, seriously you’re better than Taehyung!” she always wanted to complain about Taehyung, but never got the chance to do so.

“I thought you like him, isn’t he supposed to be better than me?” Jungkook asked, he was nosy about their relationship; then again he didn't want to bring Taehyung up, because it might upset her.

“No! I liked him—not anymore, besides I promised myself something.” Nara looked away.

“Which is…” Jungkook tries to make her finish her sentence.

“I promised that I would move on from him and maybe get back at him, at some point.” She explained.

 

Jungkook looked at Nara who was looking at something else, he knew that she’s hiding her sad expression. He wanted to make her feel better, at the same time he didn't want to make her feel even worse, since it was supposed to be a happy day.

 

“Do you want me to help yo—“

“Look! The orcas!” Nara let go of his arm and ran towards the biggest glass in the whole area.

 

She ran around in awe, without taking her eyes of the heavy-ticked glass. Following one particular orca, like it actually communicated with her. Jungkook sighed heavily and came after her, he looks at the orcas trying to understand how she feels, when she sees them, but he felt nothing—Jungkook was never a whale person, he’s more of a small fish kind of guy—fishes who lives around the anemone.

 

“They’re so wonderful.” Nara walked towards Jungkook, but her eyes were still fixed to the giant glass.

“Yeah, I see that.” Jungkook voice sounded like he was slightly disappointed and that took Nara’s attention.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, pouting trying to act cute, at least make him smile.

“Let’s go see the clownfish!” he brushed it off, trying not to ruin the day that he had expected.

“Clownfish? Sure.” Nara nodded excitedly and once again she clings to Jungkook’s arms.

 

Nara decided to push her hair back into a ponytail, since running around makes her hair goes a little bit out of control. Jungkook was carefully observing the clownfish coming in and out of the anemone—his eyes sparkled with fascination at the orange with black and white striped creature. Nara laughed watching him, as his eyes followed the fish wherever it goes. Nara looked around for a souvenir store and found one at the end of the hall, she walked as fast as she could and bought Jungkook a clownfish doll.

 

“I didn't know you were fascinated by clownfish that much.”

 

Nara holded up the doll she just bought, covering her face with the doll and hoped that Jungkook might take interest and get her attention.

 

“I think they’re adorab—“ Jungkook stopped, when he saw Nara holding a doll sized of the fish. “What are you doing?”

“I bought this for you.” She felt proud, because with the help of the doll, she got his attention.

“Why?”

Nara hummed she tried to look for some particular reason why she did it, but nothing comes to mind, “Just because.” She smiled handing him the doll.

“Thank you.” Jungkook hugged the doll and they walked towards another place.

 

On the way, Jungkook dropped the doll and stopped walking so sudden, he pulled Nara by the wrist because she didn't notice that Jungkook was stopping.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, with a puzzled expression, “Don't you want to go to see the rest of the fishes?”

 

Jungkook took a step closer and scanned her face and he stopped at her lips. He looked at her eyes, but she was paying attention to something and he waited until she looked back at him.

“What?” she whispered, her eyes bulged looking at him—she could see herself in his eyes, she tried to look away but she didn't.

“Thank you.” Jungkook denote sincerely.

“Your welcome?” Nara didn't exactly know how to respond to him.

 

Jungkook caressed her face and put a strand of her hair behind her ear, he cupped her chin as he moves closer and closer, closing the gaps between them.

 

What is this? Is he going to kiss me? Now? Why so sudden?

 

Nara was surprised by his bold move, but she didn't resist. But before Jungkook pressed his lips against her; he noticed a red mark, flashing out from her neck. Nara has already closed her eyes, preparing for the tender kiss, she was waiting for, but after waiting a few second, when Jungkook was supposed to kiss her—nothing happened. Jungkook squinted his eyes, scanning what that red mark was and then it hit him, it was a hickey. No mark can curve like that—it was obvious that someone had claimed her. After confirming that it was a hickey, he sighed heavily and back away.

“Did you do it?” he asked, looking down in disappointment, “Did you do it with, him?”

Nara opened her eyes and furrowed her eyebrow, “Do what? With who?” She felt somehow disappointed that Jungkook didn't do as expected.

“You know what? I just remembered that I’m supposed to do something—my mom told me to pick up some stuff—somewhere.” Jungkook took a few steps back, without forgetting the doll that Nara gave him.

 

Jungkook didn't know if Nara knew that she had a hickey flashing out from her neck, he gave her a tip, but he didn't hope for Nara to understand.

 

“Maybe you should check your neck. I’ll see you at school.” Jungkook pointed and turned away. Nara didn't understand why Jungkook left her so sudden. Nara ran out of the Sea World trying to catch Jungkook, but he was out of sight. Catching her breath, Nara walked towards the bus stop—she waited, until eventually the bus arrived. She sat down in the very back of the bus and then she remembered that Jungkook mentioned something about her neck. She touched her neck, rubbing it—trying to feel if there’s something there, but she felt nothing.

 

It took the bus half an hour to get to her stop, because the traffic was somehow unexpectedly bad today. She stepped out from the bus and walked as fast as she could to her house, curious what might’ve been there, that made Jungkook so pissed and bail on their “friendly” date.