Chapter 1

Don't Marry Me

Wedding Day

The day has finally come. Nara locked herself in her room, because she refused to get married.

Married?

She thought that it was too much for someone her age.

Her mom came to her room, but noticed that the door was locked. 

“Nara, I know you’re up. Now come out and let’s go!” she shouted from outside while knocking on Nara's door, but she didn’t answer.

“Ugh, why of all the people, why me? Why?” she screamed and threw her pillow to the door, but she didn’t notice that her dad was standing there, watching her. He caught the pillow and threw it back at her.

“You know that I have a spare key, right?” he asked, but wasn’t interested in her answer. “Anyway, it’s a good Sunday morning and your screaming is not going to change anything,” he stated and continued, “Now, hurry up and get dressed. Take a shower, I’ve noticed there’s a rotten smell going around the house lately. Be in the living room at 9 o’clock sharp!”    

                       

Actually, Nara purposely hadn't taken a shower for the last three days. She grunted and went to the bathroom. When she was done she went to the living room and sat at the sofa, while her parents were busy dressing up and making sure everything was perfect. Her mom came to her.

 

“Good heavens! What are you wearing? Do you think we are going to a funeral?” Her mom asked and raised an eyebrow because her dress was all black. “What are you doing? Are you trying to ruin our lives?”

“You ruined mine. Why can’t I ruin yours?” she asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes. 

“Let’s go, we’re going to be late.” Her dad came while fixing his tie and stopped when looked at her daughter. “Who died?” he asked.

“Me, dad.” Nara responded. “I’ve mentally died, please prepare a grave for me.” she continued with an annoyed smile.

“Be serious. Please just this once! Now, let’s go!” Her father rushed outside to start the car.

“We better go.” her mom said in a hurry, but Nara didn’t listen and fell back on to the sofa. Without hesitation, her mom took her arm and dragged her out of the house.

 

They arrived at the wedding hall, and immediately went to the make up room. Her make-up time lasted for half and hour and she went to the waiting room, where the coordinator told her. Her mom came and sat next to her.

 

“You look beautiful,” she said with a smile. “Please don’t mess this up... You know we are doing this for your own good.” she said trying to say it in the nicest way possible, while her hair that fell perfectly to her back.

“Whatever...” that’s the only thing that came out our of Nara’s mouth. She was still annoyed with this whole marriage thing. Her mom went outside, she said she wanted to greet the guests, a few seconds later her dad came in.

“Are you ready?” he said trying to make her smile.

“I should be…” she said with a light voice and stood up, her dad picked up her hand and put it in his arm. They walked towards the wedding hall and stopped before entering the room.

“This is it,” her dad said quietly.

 

Nara noticed and looked at him.

 

“This is it,” she restated his words. The door suddenly opened and music startsedto play, everyone stood up to greet her.

 

Not many people came to the wedding, just a few familiar faces, some of them were her parent’s friends and a few business colleagues. Everyone smiled looking at Nara walking down the isle in the white gown. They stopped in front of the stairs and waited for Taehyung to come down. He stepped down from the altar and bowed down to Nara’s father. He took her hand in put it in his arm; they went to the altar together leaving Nara’s dad behind.

 

“You should be happy…” he whispered with a smirk forming on his lips.

“Huh. Why should I?” she scoffed in response making sure no one heard their conversation.

“You're going to get married to the guy you just confessed to a few days ago...” he explained, without noticing the priest was there.

 

She didn’t respond and waited for the priest to begin.

Let’s just get this over with.

They both said their empty promises and exchanged rings. The priest closed the bible and said, “I pronounce you, husband and wife. Now, you may kiss the bride” he said with a gentle smile.

 

I'm pretty sure he won't do it. 

 

Taehyung looked at her and made his smirk again.

 

“This must be your lucky day…” he said closing in and suddenly pressed his lips against hers, but it didn't feel right, apparently Taehyung's thumb was in between their lips, making sure it doesn't touch hers and for the guests to see.

 

After a few long seconds, pressing lips, Taehyung backed away and scoffed feeling proud for his actions. 

 

What the hell was that? Don't tell me this is just for the sake of the business. 

 

Nara was totally bewildered with what just happen; she didn’t know what he was doing or what she was doing. Suddenly, Taehyung took her hand and walked down the aisle, where the guests is throwing flowers to the air, while congratulating them on their marriage.

 

When the wedding was over, they gathered in the living room for a small family party.

 

“For Nara and Taehyung’s marriage. Cheers!” Taehyung’s father toasted the drink with a bright smile on his face. As for Nara and Taehyung, they were not allowed to drink yet, so her mom made them orange juice instead.

 

This is a marriage. My marriage, but why am I not happy? Marriage is supposed to be happy, but what is this?

 

Nara excused herself and went upstairs to her bedroom, when she opened the door, her room was completely changed into her mom’s craft room.

 

“Mom!!!!!!!” she shouted from upstairs.

Her mom came running towards her. “Why? What’s wrong honey?”

“What is this?” she asked pointing at her room. “This is my room. Where did you deport my stuff to?”

“Relax, besides you’re married. I’ve moved your stuff to your new room with Taehyung…” she explained.

“No you didn’t!?” she asked if her half drunk mother was serious.

“Why don’t you go check it out yourself. It’s down the hallway to right… Enjoy your first night...” she said laughing by herself and went downstairs.

“Not only I’m married, I also have to sleep with him?” she walked towards her new room. “I’m going crazy!”

 

She went inside and the room was decorated beautifully. She checked every inch of the room and she felt satisfied, she knew that this wasn't her mother's taste but it was very breath-taking. She sat on the corner of her new bed while her eyes is still wandered through the room, when Taehyung's mom suddenly came in.

 

“Am I bothering you?” she asked politely.

“Oh, Mrs. Kim. No, please come in” Nara responded. She sat next to her and her eyes scanned around the room.

“How do you like your new room? Is it to your liking?” she looked at Nara hoping that she would be satisfied.

“I love every bit of it, honestly” she said with a smile. "It's beautiful..."

“Good.” She stated lightly. “I’m sorry, that I have to put you in this difficult situation and I know you might hate this idea; of being married and all, but I can ensure you that your parent’s company will grow better.”

“I know. I understand” she looked down to her hands.

 

So all of this is just business. Nothing more. 

 

“I’d do anything for you to be as comfortable as ever.” she said with a reassuring smile and left. When she opened the door Taehyung was there, his mother looked and him and whispered;

“Be good to her” Taehyung responded with a light nod and closed the door.

 

Nara didn’t want to talk to him so, before he could say anything she went to bathroom to wash up, after a few minutes cleaning up, she opened the door and saw that Taehyung was right in front of her.

 

“God, what are you doing?” she was exclaimed in surprise.

“Nothing. Now move, it’s my turn to wash up” she moved out of his way and sat on the bed.

 

Taehyung came out while drying his face with a towel.

 

Gosh, he always looks so damn hot! No, wait Nara keep your thoughts straight.

 

“I’m sleeping on the bed, you sleep on the sofa” he said rushing to the bed before Nara did.

“What? No way. You sleep in the sofa. Why do I have to suffer?” she asked so many questions in one sentence.

“What? Are you going to argue with me the whole night?” he asked and challenging her at the same time.

“If that’s what it takes. I will.” she stated.

 

“No. I’m not doing this.” He sighed trying to think of a solution. “You know what we both sleep on the bed, but I will draw the line, you can’t ever cross that line.” He explained.

“Fine, claim you space!” she exclaimed. Taehyung made his space bigger than Nara’s and she thought he was being unfair. “What? Your space is bigger? What am I, a baby?” She turned off the light and went to the bed.

 

She slept on her side, but she purposely kicked the line to him, so her space became bigger, but sadly Taehyung kicked it back.

 

“Are we really going to do this the whole night?” he asked while kicking back the line.

“Well, you started it” she whispered loud enough for him to hear.

“Let’s just stop. Okay? Starting now. Let’s stop,” he ordered and turned off the lights. 

 

In the end, they stopped fighting and slept nicely. It was a rough day, but Nara thought it would be worse later on.